[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how did the knife go from this boring, sugary pop shit to shaking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: silent shout.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
silent shout.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
how did the knife go from this boring, sugary pop shit to shaking the habitual?
>>
>inb4 replies
>>
Silent shout is better
>>
>>63302403
Idk senpai. True cringe how people think that Shaking the Habitual is anything but their best record
>>
>>63302450
yeah maybe if you're a 12-year-old girl.
>>
>>63302450
i agree, there were a couple amazing tracks on shaking the habitual but overall i like silent shout more
>>63302403
there were some pretty weird tracks on deep cuts, it's not particularly suprising
>>
>>63302512
in other words: "fuck you, i like this" like you're just defending your obviously pleb taste
>>
If you find Silent Shout "boring" and "sugary" you're not paying enough attention to it.
>>
>>63302672
yes i am. the sound design has little substance at all.
>>
>>63302403
Considering the year silent shout came out. It was ahead of it's time and still underrated
STH is good but alot of filler kills it. the useless ambient track just screams WTF WENT WRONG.
>>
>>63302802
ahead of its time? nothing really new has occurred in music since 90's except better technology.
>>
>>63302875
show me something better before 2006 that sounds better than silent shout
>>
>>63302896
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK6MCvIXF6M
>>
>>63302935
Should have known it was some autechre fag
>>
>>63302802

The ambient track was actually pretty impressive desu
>>
>>63302963
it was an easy pick. anyways, do you not understand that there is a huge amount of copycat music infiltrating the musicsphere? what is the point of beating EDM trends to death, what is the point of recycling the same sounds over and over, what is the point of conveying the same ideas over and over again? i am a fan of shaking the habitual because it's a record very unique to the knife; i couldn't see anyone else making such a record. silent shout? it's such a weak record that it's so easy to replicate. good art is unique and timeless. silent shout is just gonna go down in history as another irrelevant pop record.
>>
>>63303106
I like both albums for different reasons and I understand what you mean abt the recycling and stuff. but thats the record they wanted to make and I respect their decisions.
However Full of Fire and tooth for an eye is their best songs imo
>good art is unique and timeless.
Undefined
>>
>>63302403
nigga what direction is your brain working in? shaking the habitual is EASILY the worst of their discography...and that's only because it'll probably take me a few more years to fully understand.

it goes: deep cuts > the knife > silent shout > shaking the habitual - and silent shout is low only because fever ray later pulled off the dark sonic thing even better
>>
Silent Shout is excellent, although STH is better, SS is definitely not "sugary pop shit"
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.