[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What program do you guys use for recording guitar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: shutterstock_125162981.jpg (2 MB, 5200x3468) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_125162981.jpg
2 MB, 5200x3468
What program do you guys use for recording guitar?
>>
I run my guitars through a cheap ass lexicon alpha and use reaper because it's what I used in high school and I got used to it.
>>
>>63301077
reaper for while
>>
$2 earbud microphone
>>
I've been recording my playing from my phone for a long time but I want to step it up. I have an old mic but no interface. What is the cheapest option for making recordings? All I want is to record straight to audacity would something like this work? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer/U-CONTROL-UCA202-USB-Audio-Interface.gc
>>
>>63301246
>>63301227
I'm pretty noob at using programs like this. Do they usually come with some good effects and amps or will i have to download some?
>>
Guitar Rig + Cool Edit Pro

so professional
>>
>>63301278
Does your amp have RCA outputs? Then that will work. It will sound like shit but it will record your guitar.

>>63301334
Depending on the software they might come with some decent amp sims, but just torrent Guitar Rig or Amplitube.
>>
>>63301405
No. I have a sure sm57 someone gave to me and XLR cables. I just don't know what I need to get that to record nicely to audacity. I don't want any effects software just to record what comes out of my amp with audacity.
>>
>>63301405
Okay, thanks. I'm currently torrenting cubase and amplitude and will try it out
>>
>>63301447
http://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlett-Solo-Compact-Interface/dp/B00MTXU2DG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457971540&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+interface

This, or any other similar USB interface. You can either record your amp with your 57, or you can record your guitar directly by plugging into the instrument input of the interface.
>>
>>63301509
thanks, but damn is there anything cheaper? I don't really want to drop $100
>>
>>63301531
This is cheap, actually. Buy used?
>>
>>63301561
>5 used from $80

not really that much cheaper m8
>>
>>63301531
You can try and find a used MobilePre USB, which is an older interface (and was my first). 100$ is not really bad relative to what you could spend on audio gear. I would just get the scarlett, or at least try to find a used one.
>>
>>63301575
Not him, but 100 dollars is the average price for audio interfaces. They can be way more expensive. You can probably find cheaper ones, but i don't have any recommendations
>>
>>63301588
>>63301603
I see. alright thanks. I'll check out my local store this afternoon and see if they have anything but otherwise I'll get that scarlet
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.