[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i don't listen to "music"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: Shrine_of_Abdul_Qadir_Jilani.jpg (62 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
Shrine_of_Abdul_Qadir_Jilani.jpg
62 KB, 604x453
hey there /mu/

i am a muslim, and listening to music as understood nowadays is considered haram (sinful action that is forbidden to be done)

this is so because the music of today ruins your spirit, and slowly shifts you away from the path of righteousness, filling your mind with useless, sinful, sexual, perverted thoughts that will do nothing but harm you in the long run

it does nothing but distract you and make you waste your most precious, heavenly asset: time

my question for you anons is: have you ever listened to nasheeds (chants)? here's a playlist full of quality ones which include subtitles, should you be interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyfPcUoivAtZxH4OldLYK3wYZLhFCyAS6

thank you for you time, and may peace be upon you
>>
>>63299257
I have enjoyed listening to some nasheeds on occasion but not to the point that I'm particularly drawn into the genre.

Even if music draws me to certain thoughts that might be considered wrong, I think it is better to know them and consider them than to have your beliefs untested.
>>
>>63299257
>it does nothing but distract you and make you waste your most precious, heavenly asset: time
>my question for you anons is: have you ever listened to nasheeds (chants)?

er
>>
I listen to the world
>>
File: 1456724320492.jpg (64 KB, 687x627) Image search: [Google]
1456724320492.jpg
64 KB, 687x627
>>63299257
The fact that so many muslims still name the nasheeds as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" music ever only tells you how far sand music still is from becoming a serious art. Missal chant critics have long recognized that the greatest chants of all times are Ambrosian and Milan see chants, which were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Jewish critics rank the highly controversial Wagner over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Israel. Muslim critics are still blinded by thrown vials of acid. The Nasheeds sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Missal chant critics grow up listening to a lot of chant music of the past, Jewish critics grow up listening to a lot of antisemetic music of the past. Nasheed critics are often totally ignorant of the sand music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Nasheeds are anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>63299257
>i am a muslim
>>
File: 1439617970799.jpg (43 KB, 333x341) Image search: [Google]
1439617970799.jpg
43 KB, 333x341
I don't like muslim culture.
>>
>>63299472
nasheeds aren't good because of their artistic value or musicianship, but precisely because they're not music, but instead a way of spreading the word of Allah

>>63299609
i don't think i follow your "meme"
>>
>>63300053
nigger they have drums and a voice

its music

go blow yourself up or something

fucking faggot
>>
>>63301146
having a bad day, brother?

thanks for the bump
>>
>>63299257
music is not haram you filthy wahabi scum
>>
File: hHRqqAz.jpg (55 KB, 627x663) Image search: [Google]
hHRqqAz.jpg
55 KB, 627x663
>>63299257
>>
>>63299257
>and listening to music as understood nowadays is considered haram
except its not

>nasheed
Nasheeds are pretty boring musically. Theres a reason virtually all nasheeds sound the same.
I say all this as a muslim myself.
>>
>>63300053
>but instead a way of spreading the word of Allah
classical choral and orchestral works do the same thing, and are much more awe-inspiring, both musically and technically.
I don't believe theres a single nasheed that matches the majesty for Messaien's: O sacrum Convivium
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI4yCdNeikY

or Samuel Berber's: Agnus Dei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFJ4hN7vxWo
>>
>>63299257
Muslim here, I've been playing in bands for most of my life. Get fucked, m8.
>>
File: mohamded.jpg (129 KB, 768x849) Image search: [Google]
mohamded.jpg
129 KB, 768x849
>>63299257
>>
>>63303074
>>63302546
>>63302957
i hope you find a path you can enjoy in life where you don't have to be so negative to complete strangers
>>
File: 1425432732619.png (575 KB, 477x604) Image search: [Google]
1425432732619.png
575 KB, 477x604
>>63303203
>>
>>63303203
If Im in the wrong, may Allah strike me down with a bolt if lightening in the next 10 seconds.
>>
>>63303203
>can't handle even the most basic forms of criticism
the hell is wrong with you?
saying that nasheeds aren't at all what they're cracked up to be, either musically or technically, is neither haraam nor insulting. People have different tastes in music, shocker!! I know.
Grow up habibi
>>
>>63303203
>>63303251
Hmmmm, that's odd. I'm still here. Guess I'm in the clear. :-)

I'm gonna continue making music that brings joy to others. Just like those before me did. Khuda hafiz, bruh.
>>
>>63303286
my apologies, i didn't mean to include your post in my reply
>>
File: U Muhammad.jpg (95 KB, 646x486) Image search: [Google]
U Muhammad.jpg
95 KB, 646x486
>>63303301
>>
>>63303400
check'd
>>
>>63303301
Open your musical horizons bro. Theres an entire world out there of heavenly music that you haven't experienced. Personally speaking, I feel closer to Allah listening to classical Christian choral works, than I have ever had listening to any nasheed.
Listen to the ones I've linked here, and tell me you don't feel a heavenly presence.

>>63303031
There are no musical instruments used, so you shouldn't have a problem listening to them.
>>
>>63299257
Quit trying to convert people over to your cult.

Islam is fucking bullshit (like any other religion) and if there is a god he doesn't give a shit if you listen to music, drink alchohol, jerk off, or eat pork.
>>
>>63299257
>hi guys, im from the death cult that supports beating women and suicide bombing. my people´s spirit in middle of this war isnt ruined at all
lying faggot. you better google the word i bet your dad´s generation already stoned them all to death. :^)
>>
>>63303472
>>63303485
shame that my personal beliefs offend you this much that you need to insult them, and me!
>>
File: st.kek.png (185 KB, 296x254) Image search: [Google]
st.kek.png
185 KB, 296x254
>>63299472
Made me laugh.
>>
>>63303511
every time a girl gets raped or killed in Sweden i´ll think about your personal beliefs. Every time a car bomb goes off in Iraq or Syria i´ll think of your personal beliefs as well. When a new ISIS video airs internet i´ll think of your personal muslim beliefs again and how you all should be turned into biofuel.
Im a muslim = i support terrorists who slaughter thousands using my shit as an excuse :^)
>>
>>63303637
maybe you should think of the innocents killed every day by westerners in
-cyprus
-egypt
-iran
-iraq
-jordan
-kuwait
-lebanon
-oman
-palestinian territories
-qatar
-saudi Arabia
-syria
-turkey
-united arab emirates
-yemen
and then think of YOUR beliefs

the massive media-influenced generalizations you're making will make it impossible for me to keep a coherent conversation with you, so it ends here for me

may peace be upon you
>>
>>63303637
>Im an autist = i support shitposting affecting thousands across the best chinese image board in existence
ftfy
>>
>>63303637
>hurr I'm an angry redneck who wants to blame all his problems on others

I bet you collect welfare too.
>>
>>63303511
You offend anyone who is sane. Don't take your religion so seriously, nothing good can come of it (I should know I used to be very religious myself) you're just alienating yourself from the rest of humanity. You aren't a special spiritual being that's better than everyone else because you don't listen to music, that's like being proud that you don't use toothpaste because you read that you weren't supposed to in some shitty Middle Ages version of Mein Kampf.

Think for yourself, there's more to life than following a stupid cult. Realize it's all made the fuck up.
>>
OP. There is no God. We're all a result of cosmic evolution which is even more amazing than a group of primates being created by an entity just to be worshipped because he loves you. You're wasting your life missing out on music
>>
>>63303763
fucking SJW niggerlovers kek on ur jew BS
>>
>>63303888
*blows kiss*
>>
>>63303637
edgy shitehawk
>>
>>63299257
Good friend of mine listens to a lot of these, some of them are quite pleasing and well done, but it seems that there are certain styles.

So, question 1; why don't you count this as music? Surely it is, after all, ambient music and field recordings count. Some of the nasheeds you linked even had auto-tune in em.

Question 2: Isn't "music" as a category a bit broad to assert that all of it does that? If you listen to something like
https://howtocountonetoten.bandcamp.com/track/idyllic

I'd hardly say it brings to mind any of those negative emotions, and being from such a different cultural background shouldn't it be exempt as being too alien to abide by the rules?
>>
>>63303936
quelle surprise senpai
>>
op here

hahaha disregard that, I suck cocks
>>
>>63303963
It's not music if it's propaganda
>>
File: uio238950.jpg (93 KB, 814x598) Image search: [Google]
uio238950.jpg
93 KB, 814x598
Why'd you delete your post, OP?
>>
>>63304108
shhhh...only true necros will know
>>
>>63303203
give me one hadith that prohibits music you shitty cleric worshiper
>>
>>63304693
"u think music is allowed? Nah f@m". Bukhari 10:13
>>
op, you should eat some medicine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKxfx2USWA
>>
>>63299257
Go suck a pork dick you piece of scum
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.