[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just listened to the second album from the Avalanches in full. ama
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: thGFSGA8Y6.jpg (16 KB, 297x249) Image search: [Google]
thGFSGA8Y6.jpg
16 KB, 297x249
I just listened to the second album from the Avalanches in full.
ama
>>
leak when
>>
why did you make this thread
>>
my question is do you think anybody cares?
>>
what are you wearing
>>
>>63298857
early next year at the latest
>>63298881
because
>>63298892
you posted
>>
what the fuck do these guys actually do, like day to day

how does it take so long to make an album
>>
>>63298904
red basketball shorts
>>
>>63298916
Robbie and Tony both DJ and produce
Clearing up samples, dealing with royalties/multiple lawsuits/writers block
>>
>>63298830
how is it compared to SILY? still as sample-based or more original stuff?
>>
>>63299207
It's way, way better and it's 65 percent samples 35 percent original material
For the original material there's this chaotic post-punkish track with a sample from Malcolm X in the middle of it and it's fucking amazing
>>
why are you trolling us like this everyone knows they'll never release another one
>>
>>63299243
Never say never lad
and trust me when I say I'm not the only on /mu/ that's heard it
>>
>>63298830
I want to believe - is there any way at all you can verify you're legit?
>>
>>63299608
>>
How did you get the opportunity to hear it? You know them or work with them?

Also, how much material has been changed due to samples not being cleared? Any chance they might leak their original version with uncleared samples?
>>
what did you usually eat for breakfast
>>
>>63298939
For 15 years?
>>
>>63299608
>>63299724
Not without getting in serious trouble
>>63299768
My mate is an engineer and is friends with them and passed me a copy
They're still doing all-sample tracks, and the all-sample tracks are even more expansive and diverse than the ones on SILY. There's a pretty good chance of it being leaked, I can see it happening around summertime
>>63299799
my only mainstay with breakfast is OJ, sometimes I like OJ with 2 or three bagels, sometimes I like OJ with various cereals, I also eat cereal dry more often than not
>>63299806
longer
>>
roughly how long is the album?

also give yourself a trip op gosh dang
>>
>>63299950
I don't need a trip if you just look how many posters are in the thread
A little more than an hour and a half roughly 94 or 95 minutes
>>
1. any idea when we can expect the album or a first single of the album? take a guess maybe?
2. how long has the record been in actual work? really since SILY came out or only a few years ago?
3. does it sound similar to SILY or do they go into a different direction sound-wise?
4. how many tracks?
5. whats your fav part on the album, any notable sample? (like a you're crazy in the coconut moment?)
>>
It's pretty funny that it takes like 6 members to make mediocre dj shadow ripoff music. Seriously, who cares about these hacks? The only reason that people remember them is because most 4chan users are around the age where they heard frontier psychiatrist when they were younger on the radio and have nostalgia.
>>
>>63300149
1: The album at the absolute latest will come out by the end of next year, and as far as singles go the 2nd track off the album would probably be the first one
2: I can't give you a rock-solid answer on this one but from the numerous people I've spoken to, they've been working on this before SILY even came out but there have been some that have said they've been working on it since around 2007
3: There are some remnants of the whole disco-party vibe from SILY but only in a couple of songs. The sound of this album I would call "worldly" taking influence from everything, everywhere
4: My copy has 24 tracks
5: My top 5 moments
1: the Baby Huey sample (SAAAAAAAAAAAAAY) on the last track, fucking incredible
2: the chav lad talking shit sample (ME AND MY BREADRIN (distortion) BOW BOW BOW
3: the harp sample on the 7th track
4: there's this one track that starts out with this punk-funk vibe sort of jungly like Black Messiah or The Slits and then it transitions into this cool jazz with vibraphones and all
5: every opera sample
>>
>>63300221
only two of them actually make the music, the rest are/were touring members you ignorant cunt
>>
i dunno, could b real
>>
>>63300292
why do i believe you?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.