[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Concert of 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: nicolas-jaar_0.jpg (170 KB, 619x412) Image search: [Google]
nicolas-jaar_0.jpg
170 KB, 619x412
Individual acts, not festivals. For me, Nicolas Jaar at FYF was fucking mind-blowing.

Thoughts?
>>
>>63294396

"Individual acts. Not festivals."

And you name an act from a festival. Are you a fucking retard?
>>
Eh, meant like not the entire festivals. Just a particular moment.
>>
of montreal

and best merch table for his brothers sculptures
>>
File: angry-with-recovery1.jpg (16 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
angry-with-recovery1.jpg
16 KB, 1000x667
That Killing Joke show I caught back in February....

...oh wait. That's right. They fucking cancelled!
>>
rss b0ys and monolake at unsound
>>
File: magcover[1].jpg (200 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
magcover[1].jpg
200 KB, 1200x800
Phish - Magnaball

I can choose an entire festival if it only had one band, right?

If I have to pick one of the 8 sets, then I pick the Drive-In Jam fo' sho'
>>
Sufjan at the Saenger Theater in New Orleans was amazing. Moses Sumney was a fantastic opener as well

Second place goes to The Polyphonic Spree at a small venue in Little Rock. The crowd was full of pothead hippies, but they put on one hell of a show
>>
>>63295976
went to sufjan a week ago. what an experience. loved his live versions of should've known better and death with dignity, when he cranked up the electronic sounds.
>>
>>63296761
Is he still doing the crazy long version of Blue Bucket of Gold? That shit was insane.
>>
While the openers sucked, Ought were fucking incredible live. Was in a small intimate venue too so I just kept moving closer and closer to the stage like they were fucking commanding me too.
>>
Ben Frost at Resonate. Fucking awesome. Though not as loud as I thought it would be.
>>
Deafheaven was incredible last week
>>
>>63296830
He was, seriously did not expect that ending. The 40min acoustic encore was great as well. i'm still trying to find the version of Should've known better that he did in Auckland cause none of the ones on youtube match up how intense it was
>>
>>63297069
>2015

having said that, I'm just recovering now from seeing them last night. It was fucking magical.

Best concert of 2015 for me was probably Godspeed You! Black Emperor just based on the ridiculous emotions it made me feel. Would love to see them again.
>>
Autechre live in London
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449314559657.jpg (53 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449314559657.jpg
53 KB, 1080x1350
>>63297069
I only saw them and Modest Mouse (separately, obviously.) last year, and Deafheaven was probably the best show I've ever been to. My friend and I were I were in the very front and George got down in my face during Luna and then I picked him up to crowd surf.
Amazing.

>pic related
>>
>>63297407
other guy who replied to that guy, saw them last night

I got to hold George's hand while he was screaming the outro for Baby Blue. Genuinely the best moment of my life so far, absolutely blown away by their performance.

Saw them last year as well and it was beyond words.
>>
>>63297407
agreed, the only ones that beat them in 2014 was fucking negativland
>>
If club nights count DVS1 was the best thing I've seen this year so far
>>
>>63297578
I held hands with him a couple times in between songs. It sounds gay but it was great.
>>
>>63297786
fucking rad
>>
Flying Lotus at Sydney Opera House. Best sounding venue in the world, and the visuals were ridic
>>
>>63294396
seeing Nico Jaar in late april. so hype
>>
Peter Hook and the Light. Saw him multiple times in 2015, but the standouts were when he did both Joy Division albums in Manchester, and when he did (New Order's) Low-Life and Brotherhood in Brighton. The venue at the latter had a tiny stage, but it was great because it felt compact and more intimate in a sense.
>>
Either Sleaford Mods or Sufjan.
>>
>>63294396
sleaford mods @ the underground
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5b9lZmZ0G4
the shit was austere
>>
Power Trip/Tribvlation/Deafheaven show
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.