[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OW DID IT HURT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: buyers market.jpg (17 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
buyers market.jpg
17 KB, 280x280
OW DID IT HURT
>>
>>63290293
this album is art
>>
WE THOUGHT IT WAS A FOOTBALL HELMET
>>
>>63290327
poseur
>>
>>63290327
i agree, but by a special definition of the term "art"
which is a vague term to begin with
>>
>>63290293
Should I listen to this in full? I want to but I'm scared it might fuck me in the head. How did you other anons feel after listening to it?
>>
>>63290563
unless you're an edgelord it will make you feel fucking miserable for a few hours after listening but you'd have to be really fragile (or have experienced sexual abuse in your life) for it to affect you more than that
>>
>>63290563
it's just very jarring, you forget what you're listening to is real and actually happened
>>
Daily reminder that McMartin was a hoax.
>>
>>63290563
This pretty much >>63290635
>>
WE LOOKED FOR DEBBIE FOR SIX YEARS
>>
>>63290828
that's my favourite track on the album because it's the one that is least depressing to listen to because there's a possibility it isn't true
>>
Has anybody who has listened to this album actually experienced sexual abuse?
I have and I've been curious about listening to it as a potential means of experiencing catharsis. Thoughts?
>>
>>63291527
i experienced what could probably be considered sexual abuse but it never bothered me because it was so mild and non-violent
i really like the album but for completely different reasons than digging up repressed memories
>>
>>63291527
>They cut off his penis, which is not quite castration

I don't think it'll be helpful. Pretty much all of these stories are full of pain with little resolution.
>>
>>63291581
I'm sorry to hear that but glad that you are seemingly well-adjusted and unaffected. Would you mind detailing a little bit more what you appreciate about it? I remember when Buyer's Market was first popular on /mu/ a lot of the discussion centering around the album was more disturbing to me than reading about the thing itself and avoided those threads at that time. What value is there in these recordings?
>>63291623
I read a lot of edgy, transgressive lit written by authors like Dennis Cooper, Hubert Selby Jr., the list goes on and in contrast to a piece of work like Mysterious Skin the more painful stories seem to help more? I don't know if that makes sense
>>
>>63291831
i mainly like it because it elicits an emotional response from me which very few albums of actual music can do
i admire how it makes me react to these things, since the album is basically non-stop reasons the world is shit for an hour
not very eloquent in these things but it's a unique listening experience
>>
Absolute waste of time listening to this shit, listen to some actual power electronics instead
>>
>>63292182
this doesn't try to be a power electronics album
if i wanted to listen to power electronics i would
>>
edgelord trash
saged
>>
>>63292182
>Buyer's Market
>power electronics
lol
>>
>>63292259
yea lol
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.