[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a Anthony shits on a good album episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: tnd tits.jpg (148 KB, 1146x593) Image search: [Google]
tnd tits.jpg
148 KB, 1146x593
>It's a Anthony shits on a good album episode
>>
File: 1457822417355.jpg (863 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
1457822417355.jpg
863 KB, 2448x2448
>It's an Anthony reviews hardcore or metal episode
>>
>>63288315
>Implying TITS is any good
>>
>>63288445
Give me an example of what you consider a good album then, faggot.
>>
File: AmericanFootball.jpg (130 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
AmericanFootball.jpg
130 KB, 800x800
>>63288501
>>
That's what you get for investing any time into this faggot

Dude is a total hypebeast of the pleb variety
>>
>>63288501
Def not TITS, half of the album was stolen content and his horrible lyricism didn't make it any better
>>
>>63288581
> Posts a non hip hop album
opinion discarded.
>>
>>63288617
>Stolen content
I don't really know what you're referring to. If you're one of those "b-but he steals kendricks style" fags, you can fuck off. Obviously he takes some heavy influence from people like Drake, J Cole and Kendrick in his music and it shows, but he doesn't "steal" anything.
>Horrible Lyricism
Care to post some examples? Also, please don't post anything from City of Stars because it's pretty much universally accepted that song was the biggest weakpoint on the album anyway.

>Doesn't post a better album
Opinion discarded.
>>
lol that album sucks nerd
>>
Wait isn't that the same guy that does the SJW on waaaay too much caffeine parody videos?

YES IT IS! #stillresistingcapitalism, baby! #iwasproblematic!
>>
>>63288762

he straight up copied multiple flows straight for other people

one of the songs is a straight copy of travis scott song

its not debatable fucking whitenerdboy who likes a rapper who copies what the scary black people are doing but presents it in a nice whiteboy package
>>
>>63288815
>Muh flow
I already addressed that.

>one of the songs is a straight copy of travis scott song
Which song? I haven't really gotten into him

Also
>didn't post any examples of poor lyricism
>Still hasn't posted a better album
wew lad
>>
logic is music for 13 yr old white girls
rather listen to hopsin
>>
>It's an "I browse /tv/" thread
disgusting
>>
>>63288315
Deserved score. Unless he ever expands his sound stage and keeps going with these repetitive neo early 2000s hip hop beats he's gonna stay static. His lyricism is all over the place by literally making random gestures to his RattPack bs in every fucking song and strays from thematic consistency in all the tracks. His musical concepts are EXTREMELY basic and lack true indept meaning making him bland and boring. His beats don't give off the atmosphere of the specific theme and thus end up in a making little to no impact on the listener.
His 6/10 rating is well justified IMO.
>>
File: arca_mutant_artwork.jpg (367 KB, 1426x1426) Image search: [Google]
arca_mutant_artwork.jpg
367 KB, 1426x1426
>>63288315
this is mediocre at best
>>63288762
American Football is a better album and I'm not even a fan
>>63288929
i'll post a better album from the same month
>>
File: fantano.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fantano.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>
>>63288315

>it's an op gets bent out of shape over someone's opinion epsiode
>>
>>63289072
We're talking about rap albums bruv
>>
>>63289500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67cx9M2c51M
>>
>>63288984
it was a typical /a/ way to start thread you pleb
>>
>>63289500
Shadow of a Doubt wasn't very good but it was still better by a lot
>>
>>63288929
Travis Scott: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN_kTnMEkJU
Logic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJOJqQMkvOY

Kanye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdS2D1kty6A
Logic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsE6EjLrV44

Kanye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH4JPgVD2SM
Logic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Qdh897zNI

Also I Am the Greatest was basically Worst Behavior. Sorry to break this to you senpai
>>
File: fff.jpg (109 KB, 1279x675) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
109 KB, 1279x675
>>
>>63288315
It´s good but ain´t great. I don´t know why Logic seems like the definition of a pleb to me, he always mentions generic stuff and has the most generic opinions ever.
>>
>>63289699
So as far as that Travis Scott song, apparently Logic was writing a remix for that song, but he liked the lyrics so much he turned it into its own thing because he didn't want to waste it on a remix nobody that give a shit about.

City of Stars is pretty similar to Flashing Lights in a few ways so I'll give you that one.

Contact wasn't even really a song, it was just an intro, and it only uses the same drum sample as the Kanye song, not really stealing anything.
>>
>>63288762
There's a different between being influence by somebody and just straight up ripping them off.
>>
>>63288762
Documentary 2
TPAB
Rodeo
Summertime '06
Compton
>>
>>63288315
>listens to kendrick lamar/drake once: the album
>good
>>
>>63289714
>>63289714

>Pleb Zeppelin in the background

DROPPED
>>
>>63289141
this

I really dislike how he compared it to somebody "losing their shit over store brand cereal" because a couple of artists have a somewhat similar style.
>>
>>63289863
Source?
I recall he said that he and two other producers came up with the beat on their own. I don't think that's what you'd call a remix
>>
>>63289699
You know, as someone who tolerates Logic and enjoy a couple tracks here and there, I can admit this anon is right. Dude jacks everyone else's style. Badly.
>>
>>63289863
How about you get off Logic's dick and stop trying to defend him so hard. It's clear he's stolen some content, and if you want to acknowledge that or not, that's your problem, but don't come on here and try to defend it because the evidence is clear
>>
>>63289905
you're the biggest pleb on the board
>>
>>63289942
It was in some fucking interview he did for some shitty radio show. I think it was this one, but I'm not about to watch all 40 fucking minutes to give you a timestamp, if it's even the right one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXzHrW6fMhA
>>
>>63290153
I think I remember this one, about influence from other artists right? That's the thing though, he's not being influenced, he's straight up ripping off other people's work and style. This isn't the first time he's done it either, there was a beat he straight up copied in his first album that i'll try to find
>>
>>63289048
Agreed. The sound (safe, bland, familiar) doesn't match the theme (flying through space) in any way. Kind of a waste of a project.
>>
>>63289141

sorry to rain on your parade but this time artichoke satantango was right, was a noble concept sure but the albums execution was lacking, and at times some of the vocaloid/anime samples were just excruciating to listen to, though in its defence the album did improve towards the back end
>>
>logic
>good
Yeah and g-eazy is godly.
>>
>>63290153
Here you go my friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWeEcjXbTew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0x6KVyYYbY

Keep in mind these releases were two years apart
>>
>>63288814
>>>/v/

you're on /mu/ and don't know who anythony fantano is?
>>
>>63290597
Well I mean I guess I can't argue it anymore, but it doesn't change the fact that he still has a great flow and his lyrics are great, it doesn't really detract from the music for me.
>>
Logic is incredibly bland and boring. And this is coming from a fan since his Young Sinatra mixtape. Like G-Eazy he appeals to middle-class high school jocks who think that those two artists are accurate representations of black hip-hop culture. It's basically music for white boys who think they're tough but aren't.
>>
>>63290893
> I'm a logic fan
> but I find him bland and boring

What? Also, nobody fucking thinks that two white rappers are accurate representations of black hip hop culture.
>>
>>63288315
anybody who likes logic is a virgin faggot
>>
>>63290882
His flow's alright but I can't say the same about his lyricism. It's the same old 'Come up' story over and over. He's like the white J Cole. But hey if you like it, good for you.
>>
>>63288762
Fantano knows that the guy is a jacker.
>>63289699
how the fuck you rip-off Flashing Lights of all things? why is it allowed?
>>
>>63290893
its funny that he will then act nerdy and still pale compared to DOOM or Lupe fiasco.
>>
>>63288315
This album is fucking awful.
>>
File: me.jpg (266 KB, 897x1200) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
266 KB, 897x1200
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>63291902
Underrated post
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.