[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit. I went into this thinking I was gonna be subject to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (560 KB, 562x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
560 KB, 562x488
Holy shit. I went into this thinking I was gonna be subject to another /mu/-style indie garage band with one good album filled with sadness and melancholy but I was instantly hit by some groovy ass beats. I'm loving it so far.
>>
best tracks: since i left you and electricity
>>
>>63287460
Plot twist: the entire thing is sampled.

I'm dead serious.
>>
>>63287969
I'm not surprised, apparently 900 samples went into it?
>>
>>63288340
wikipedia says 3.5k
>>
It's kinda boring actually.
>>
>>63288409
[citation needed]
>>
>>63287460

There are two differing versions of the record frendo, both are excellent.
>>
>>63288435
http://www.webcitation.org/616v1B9tu
>The muddled nature of those recording sessions means it's impossible to know for sure, but a conservative estimate from Chater places the number of samples used at upwards of an astounding 3,500.
>>
get the one with With My Baby on it. albums flows so much better.
>>
>>63288470
Wait really? What's the other version?
>>
one of the greatest albums of all time, no shit.
>>
>>63287460
I love this album, the only gripe I have with it is that near the end of the album (a little after Frontier Psychiatrist) it gets a bit boring.
>>
>>63288547

Early CD versions were made with samples that weren't actually cleared, so they had to go back and redo a couple of tracks for the vinyl pressing and laster reissues.
>>
File: Denzel_Curry_Imperial-front.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Denzel_Curry_Imperial-front.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
thats not Imperial, op.
>>
>>63288513
>>63288586
Where can I find it?
>>
>>63288684

FLAC copy on kat right now or pickup a physical from discogs.
>>
Was honestly surprised at how great this album is. It's so much better than just Frontier Psychiatrist.
>>
>>63288923
Yeah I was listening to it and got to Fronteir Pshychiatrist and was instantly hit by nostalgia. I remember my sisters playing it 24/7 since that's all our local radio station played. It's a good song but the first half of the album is so funky and groovy, it's so different.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.