[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lil Yachty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6
File: lilyachty.jpg (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lilyachty.jpg
96 KB, 500x500
Can someone here explain this shit to me?

Why do people find this good?

I like most trap music but holy shit this is absolutely terrible. Why's everyone creaming themselves over this kid?
>>
>>63284254
i've seen zero mentions of this nigga anywhere outside of /mu/ so it's probably viral marketing
>>
>>63284254
literally who
>>
>>63284254
I don't think it's bad, it's not high brow music, by any means but it's fucking good, some of his best songs aren't even on his tape sadly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfSF65HheZ8
>>
I haven't listened to it yet, saw it in the share thread. post girls kissing.
>>
teenagers
>>
>>63284310
It's probably because you don't stay in a circle of hip hop listeners I was at a photoshoot yesterday and we were bumping Yachty. People talk about him all over NYC and LA
>>
just played random song by him and its actually better than most trap i heard but still trash
>>
>>63284310
No he's genuinely getting a lot of buzz.
>>
File: boats.jpg (15 KB, 182x240) Image search: [Google]
boats.jpg
15 KB, 182x240
>>63284329
Really really bad memerapper who's currently blowing the fuck up after a few viral hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP9GbHPiFlw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcKIIClndvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_INahLdPZoA
>>
>>63284475
How he got lucky was really interesting, some kid ended up putting his song into a vine or something that blew up.
>>
>>63284641
>How he got lucky was really interesting, some kid ended up putting his song into a vine or something that blew up.
that's literally meme rap then lol
I remember a few years ago when people were getting absolutely butthurt about that term. Now they probably use it.
>>
>>63284695
> Now they probably use it

no they don't nobody uses that term expect for pretentious vegan bloggers and their followers.

Most people in the community call it lo-fi or underground trap.
>>
>>63284744
>vegan bloggers
ok kid
>>
Literally retard rap. This nigga belongs in a group home.
>>
Gucci would never in his life cosign these new bubble gum trap rappers
>>
Good Day is great.
>>
>>63285012
>>63284857
why is everyone hating on people for making music slightly different to music you like?
>>
>>63285012
>Gucci

haha did you watch the no jumper interview too?
>>
>>63285104
I'm not hating it's just that this nigga bought a casio last christmas and now people think he's a rapper. When in reality his parents worry everyday about who will take care of him when they die. This is only going to encourage him that the group home isn't the place for him.
>>
>>63285234
Bro what are you talking about? This kid has great money? You're talking like you know him personally, stop playing white knight.
>>
>>63285296
He's on the wrong path and can't take care of himself. He isn't mentally capable as shown by the music he creates. When you get older and have kids you'll understand. His parents care dearly for him, but now social media has corrupted their son. They regret giving him the money for the casio.
>>
>>63285463
*tips fedora*

If only he produced proper music such as djent metal.
>>
File: giphy.gif (224 KB, 323x221) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
224 KB, 323x221
>>63285463
>>
>>63285514
>>63285518

Why to you guys think he is mentally competent? I know how un-PC it is to be judgmental, but guys, really? Small children have more advanced lyrical abilities than this 'artist'. A mentally disabled man that requires direction from people who care for him. This is really a terrible precedent to support in hip-hop.
>>
>>63285778
*do
>>
>>63285778
>keeps bumping the thread

guessing you're paid to viral this guy
>>
>>63284310
this
>>
HOW MANY NIGGAS YOU KNOW GET THAT SHIT STRAIGHT OFF A BOAT

>>63284310
then your dumbass don't go outside enough
>>
all of the white blogs are just trying to hop on to the next potential big thing, its just a sign that the indie atl trap/awful records bubble is about to burst
>>
>>63285778
Not really. Imo as someone who's grew up in hip hop it's nice to see this kind of stuff becoming a trend, we need people like makkonen and Yachty who make colorful beats and melodies.

It's fun and positive, not all lyrics have to be deep and introspective.

It's like comparing Keith Haring to Van Gogh. While they both paint they have completely different styles.

Also stop pretending you care about this kid's health or some bullshit it's really cringy
>>
>>63285979
>all of the white blogs are just trying to hop on to the next potential big thing

they're 2 or 3 months late as usual
>>
WE STAYED FOUR SEASONS AT THE FOUR SEASONS TWICE
>>
>>63286248
I'M THE ONE WHO TALKS TO JESUS!
>>
Lil Yachty is the same as pretty much every trap rapper, the only thing thats half decent is the beats, except in this case he ruins those with his vocals.
>>
>>63284254
nigga dressed like Thom Yorke in the pablo honey phase
>>
>>63286054
There isn't anything positive (save for diagnosis) in AIDS/HIV or the noted homosexual Keith Haring. Van Gogh was at the forefront of a movement in Western art that not only elevated the phenomenological aspect in art, but also the purely conceptual and more. Haring was a marginal queer cartoonist on the level of Saturday morning television for children. Lil Yachty shares this space with Haring.
>>
>>63286569
>the noted homosexual Keith Haring
*tips*
*Fedora*

--------------------------

anyway im listening to lil boat and its shit. hard to make out what he's saying.
>>
>>63284641
he didn't get lucky, IIRC his parents have connections to the music industry and he started networking with a lot of tastemakers
>>
>>63286630
Try some of his other stuff. I personally love the texture of an auto tuned voice but i understand it's acquired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rG1ayX8A7E
>>
>>63286569

you may be getting memed on but i agree with you 100% brother. we have to stop menaces like lil yachty. keep them away from the children
>>
>>63286692
I hate autotune, will stick that on after lil boat finishes.

>Select all images with boats
why?

the mario shit in the background of Running is great
>>
>>63286658
can you prove this. I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to see the proof myself. I don't mean to be that guy but i'm genuinely interested in idea's of plants and such so I'd love to see more proof of this.
>>
because he's cold like minnesota
>>
His name is ass
>>
>>63286741
https://www.thefader.com/2016/02/22/lil-yachty-interview-kanye-west
>Yachty is unsigned, but he’s been using the facility thanks to Coach K, one of Quality Control’s two founders and a storied veteran of the Atlanta rap scene, having managed both Jeezy and Gucci Mane in their primes. Coach, who Yachty calls “Unc,” has been managing Yachty, too, for the past few weeks. But he’s known the young rapper since he was just a toddler thanks to a long-term friendship with his father, a photographer.
>After graduating, he spent the summer in New York with the goal of establishing relationships with those who could help push his music. He lived with a friend who told him to stay as long as he wanted, and began to go out and try to meet the right people—young socialites with an influence. “I scheduled this shit out,” he admits. “I knew I had to reach the people with the following, and the groupies and shit. I had to get to them. The kids look up to those people. That was the first step.”
>>
all these playboy carti ian connor clones can go to hell
>>
he sounds like fucking meatwad
>>
>>63287974
>all these playboy carti ian connor clones can go to hell

lol what just because they run in the same clique doesn't mean they're clones. Carti hasn't even gotten anywhere really, Yachty is bigger than him.

Also Ian doesn't do anything other than fashion shit, and even then there's not really a clone of him other than sabbat, but even then that's pushing it.
>>
hipsters like hipster rap. also east coast rappers are more marketable than southern rappers.
>>
another ian connor fuckboy with zero talent.
shame these fucktards are getting more attention
while denzel curry,LUM,pouya are much better
twitter raps need to off themselves
>>
MINNESOTTA REMIX GO HARD AF YOU JUST A FUCCBOI
>>
Funniest shit I've heard in a while is that he sounds like Andre 3000 with down syndrome
>>
He's an actual autistic. I like him for that.
>>
>>63289066
why does everyone reference ian connor, he doesn't even rap? He's just some fuck boy who dresses artists.
>>
Honestly, I first heard Lil Yachty when I walked out of a thrift shop with a bagful of 90s shirts and I heard some dude with braids sitting in a 91 charger bumping 1night. I walked up to this mans, asked who it was and I been hooked on him.
Some of his songs are straight garbage but thats like 1/10. He releases good songs at a pretty consistent rate so I can dig
>>
dude is a major grower and lil boat is my AOTY. for the most part he only gets on great beats and he's got a unique enough delivery to make him stick w/ you
>>
>>63284254
managers, public relations team, viral marketing, payola, memes, adversiting, propaganda, goal public, teens, fanbases
>>
still better than rae sremmurd
>>
>>63290149
did you like the tape anon?
>>
>>63290475
u dummy
>>
He's big in Boston, Minnesota is a good song and he had a few soundcloud tracks that weren't bad but the Lil Boat tape is garbage
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 277x182
He's got friends that have clout in the Rap game right now, like Ian Connor, Cash Carti, Thugger Thugger, Famous Dex, Lil Uzi Vert etc. He's only getting mentioned because of that
>>
>>63291775
Oh shit i never realized that was him on the stream
>>
>>63288053
LMAAAO HE DOES.
FUCK Y'ALL FOR ROASTING HIM LOL

>>63286457
im fucking rolling
>>
>>63289066
all the artists you named that arent twitter rap are utter shit and for cucks so have fun
>>
>>63291775
IAN CONNOR DOESN'T MAKE MUSIC.
>>
>>63292608
he ghostwrites, tho
>>
>>63284783
Go to bed Anthony.
>>
>>63284744
dude this is post-lean or post-makonnen
>>
>>63284475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMuQnBvx7U you mean this?
>>
>>63292884
no fucking way, bro get out of here.
>>
>>63293339
what???
>>
Just listened to this because of this thread and shit is hot. Thanks OP.
>>
>>63293371
for some reason i dont think a video with less than 2 million views got that song 15 million plays on soundcloud
>>
>>63284310
hottest thing in GA right now
>>
>>63294698
it got posted on twitter, and more people would go back and listen to a song then watch a video, and they'd share the song rather than the video.
>>
IT'S IRONIC BRO

IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE BAD BRO
>>
Damn, I didn't expect Lil Boat to be this good desu.
>>
>>63289325
Bitch teh original autistic rapper makin that paper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmy1-3kK15g
>>
1NIGHT
>>
>>63284339
his voice is terrible, damn shame for those beats
>>
File: fashionkillas.png (566 KB, 607x513) Image search: [Google]
fashionkillas.png
566 KB, 607x513
>>63284254

just another ian connor travis scott /nyc fashion kid knock off who figured out anyone can make money if theyre black w dread locks, moan words in autotune over a trap beat, and wear the hottest streetwear from fairfax and the occasional dick ovens/raf. its not that hard tbqgfdh senpai
>>
>>63297096
damn you sound mad that's not your lifestyle
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.