[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
33 and a third
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 33-and-one-third.png (111 KB, 295x440) Image search: [Google]
33-and-one-third.png
111 KB, 295x440
are any of these worth getting or reading? I have my eye on Slint and NMH's editions... does anyone have one? specifically them?
>>
I read the Beat Happening one. It was okay.
>>
wire pink flag was pretty good and doolittle was realy good.
>>
The donuts one was great and I'm enjoying the Dummy one so far.
>>
>>63283271
i read the shit out of these. you can knock one out in an afternoon if you are a fast enough reader.
>>
>>63283271
I've got a PDF version of the Aeroplane and Loveless ones.
I don't know how I got them or how to share them, but I have them.
>>
>>63284207
They're all on Slsk.
>>
>>63284303
Oh, how do I look for them?
I've been looking to get ahold of that Sarah Records book they put out a few months ago.
>>
They can all be pretty different. The NMH one is a straight history of the album, which I found really informative. The Dark Fantasy one started really interesting then devolved into hyperbole and just praise of the album. Which even as a huge fan of the album got old quick. The one for If You're Feeling Sinister is a mix of a history and a personal approach and is pretty good too. Those are the only ones I've read but I enjoy them.
>>
my school library has all of them I think, also has Scaruffi's rock music book hahahaha
>>
Two questions about these books
1. Can anyone pitch an idea even if they have zero music writing experience?
2. Can you write about how awful a certain album is?
>>
>>63284520
austin is that you
>>
>>63284561
who is autsin
>>
>>63283271
I didn't know about these album and band specific ones, I only know of the original genre covering ones from the 90s. Covering just a band or album seems a bit silly to me.
>>
>>63284580
oh, sorry
>>
>>63284454
Maybe your school's head librarian is Scaruffi in disguise
>>
>>63284561
Wait is that that kid who did needledrop style album reviews a few years back?
The one that made all of those cringey as fuck "art videos"???
>>
>>63284686
no, he was somebody on the slsk chat and he used to post with a bear as his name so i thought you were he
>>
>>63283832
>you can knock one out in an afternoon if you are a fast enough reader.
Great anon that means I can finish in a couple of day's.
>>
>>63284207
upload them to mega and post the link
>>
>>63283271
Some are good and some are bad, it all depends on the writer. I've read that the books about Rum, Sodomy and the Lash and Sign o' the Times are particularly terrible.

I have three, Swordfishtrombones, I Get Wet and Freedom of Choice and the one on FoC, by Evie Nagy, is great.
>>
>>63286544
I thought you were joking about the I Get Wet book
>>
the 20 Jazz Funk Greats one is really good.
>>
The book on David Bowie's Low. Thoroughly describes the production methods and all sorts interesting things from that dark time in Blake's life.
>>
Is the Ween one good?
>>
>>63287139
One of my lecturers in college showed me a video where the producer of heroes was going through the stems of the song, really interesting if you can find it.
>>
>>63287165

yeah the author interviewed them and there's a lot of stuff i never knew before in it
>>
>>63283271
I bought the Slint one in a record store a few days ago, it was great.

I'm super excited for Fugazi's 33 1/3. It's gonna be for In On The Killtaker, I think it's gonna be out in two years though, but I'm super happy for Fugazi to get recognition.
>>
does anyone have the belle and sebastian one?
>>
>>63283271
i don't, but hear they vary wildly in quality
>>
>>63287139
*Bowie's life
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.