[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Keith Emerson. He couldn't handle the criticism...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: 1280x720.jpg (265 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720.jpg
265 KB, 1280x720
RIP Keith Emerson. He couldn't handle the criticism...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3489624/ELP-star-Keith-Emerson-shot-no-longer-perform-perfectly-fans.html
>>
>>63280903
Holy fuck, that's quite tragic.
>>
>>63280903
damn
>>
i knew he killed himself, but i didn't know why
my god....
>>
His gf looks good for 52
>>
Lmao what a bitch
>>
Playing/performing was like breathing to him, and once he lost that ability he thought there was nothing to live for.
>>
I hope the faggots who criticized him are proud of themselves.
>>
Happy now, /mu/? You're literally killing the people doing the thing you 'love' so much.
>>
>>63281106
'He read all the criticism online and was a sensitive soul. Last year he played concerts and people posted mean comments such as, 'I wish he would stop playing.'
I've been reading comments like this online ever since I started listening to his band and to think all of that contributed to his suicide is a depressing thought. Did people not realize that music was his life? He was basically playing with a crippled arm and hand for the last couple decades.
>>
couldn't handle the bantz lmao
>>
>>63281429
/v/ really is the best board
>>
Daily reminder cyberbullying isn't real
>>
wow, I mean hopefully you can sleep at night knowing you have such a hot gf. It's synth anyway, it would have been a good time to explore the vast world of sequencers.
>>
>>63280903
RIP in peace, progressive rock legend.
>>
There's nothing bad about an old white rockist finally kicking the bucket
>>
File: Creator.png (30 KB, 480x314) Image search: [Google]
Creator.png
30 KB, 480x314
>>
>Brain Salad Surgery
>Couldn't even save Emerson

what a crock of shit, I hope the medical community flays the rest of ELP.
>>
File: ugly prog fag and azn qt.jpg (158 KB, 634x933) Image search: [Google]
ugly prog fag and azn qt.jpg
158 KB, 634x933
This picture sums up the entire reason to play music desu
>>
Finally an artist with integrity.
>>
>>63281754
after unty, thats not funny anymore

rip
>>
>>63282127
Yeah, nothing says true artist like killing yourself. Maybe /mu/ users should be true artists, too!
>>
>>63281754
Reminder that he said that was meant to be ironic and that cyberbullying is real and a real problem. Which it is.

Just because people are weak doesn't mean that attacking them is right. Occasionally people do care, especially kids.
>>
>>63280903
thats actually like one of the saddest things ive heard in a while.
and while not trying to portray suicide in a positive light, i really genuinely respect that. ive always said that if i couldnt play i would kill myself. and heres one of my fucking icons who felt unprepared to play his nearly impossible (honestly nothing to be ashamed of at 71) repertoire on tour, and rather than put on a couple of shitty performances, collect a check, and go back home, he would literally end his own life.
maybe its honorable, maybe its not.
but regardless, im going to go listen to tarkus.
>>
>>63282232
>believing his PR team mandated backpedaling

people as stupid as you should just kill themselves you worthless piece of shit
>>
>>63282163
he offed himself?
>>
File: 1420698721669.jpg (27 KB, 657x415) Image search: [Google]
1420698721669.jpg
27 KB, 657x415
>>63281925
>HELLO KITTY CON 2014
>>
>>63280903
Well I guess it had to be a member of ELP to kick the bucket in the most melodramatic way for any musician.
>>
>>63282408
He went because of his girlfriend.
>>
>>63282498
I came to meme not to feel ;^(
>>
>>63280903
At least it's pretty much the most respectable reason for suicide imo
>>
Bump for Emo
>>
>>
Just learned about his death today, really fucking depressing especially since it was a suicide. He was one of the greatest keyboard players ever and was important in prog's early days. David Bowie, Chris Squire, Keith Emerson, not a good year for the original prog people.
>>
What kind of grown ass man can't even handle a bit of banter? baka no real lose here it seems
>>
>>63286382
>Squire

He's one of my favorite musicians but that was last year my dude.
>>
I know ELP was considered a joke, but I liked everything I ever heard from them. Sad.
>>
>>63286684

Oh yeah mighta got dates mixed up a bit, still sucks that he's gone, I at least got to see him in concert once.
>>
>>63280903
I suppose he could've cancelled the tour and gone straight to retirement, but the thought of disappointing those Nips proved too much.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.