[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Brother and Sister albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: have a sweet trip.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1200) Image search: [Google]
have a sweet trip.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1200
Post albums that you feel are brother and sister, even if they have no real connection

Brother: Deathconsciousness
Sister: Velocity : Design : Comfort

I see them as brother and sister albums because they're kind of on opposite ends of the shoegaze spectrum, Deathconsciousness is slow, dark, heavy, while Velocity : Design : Comfort is fast, poppy, upbeat, dreamy.

What about you?
>>
ok all memeing aside... does anyone really listen to deathconsciousness?
>>
>>63279654
have you? memes aside, it's a fucking powerful album.
>>
>>63279654
yeah it's a lot better than VDC and im not even suicidal
>>
>>63279654
why dont you like it?
>>
File: ok kid.jpg (907 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ok kid.jpg
907 KB, 2000x1000
Brother: Kid A
Sister: OK Computer
>>
>>63279807
I can get behind this, though maybe the other way around. OKC feels more feminine somehow, despite being more agressive
>>
File: 155453624633.jpg (30 KB, 513x547) Image search: [Google]
155453624633.jpg
30 KB, 513x547
>>63279674
>it's a lot better than VDC
>>
>>63279674
>>63279851
I think they're pretty equal. Grand in scope and crafted excellently.
>>
>>63279654
arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads arrowheads
>>
>>63279838
>>63279807
oh fuck, i misread your post, yeah I agree
>>
File: oneohtrix point halo.jpg (1 MB, 1510x755) Image search: [Google]
oneohtrix point halo.jpg
1 MB, 1510x755
brother: replica
sister: quarantine
>>
>>63279654
i do
>>
>>63279654
yeah great combination between post rock/punk and shoegaze
>>
>Pink Moon
short and sweet, instrumentally minimal and simplistic one-musician-and-a-guitar-core folk album with a unique vocal style and unique, exceptional lyricism which combine to create a sense of bleak, desolate depression, apathy and just general hopelessness that's so perfectly crafted that it's pretty much unparalleled as far as modern folk music goes

>The Song They Sang When Rome Fell
short and sweet, instrumentally minimal and simplistic one-musician-and-a-guitar-core folk album with a unique vocal style and unique, exceptional lyricism which combine to create a sense of vibrant joy and love of life, and a sense of expressive and carefree happiness that's so perfectly crafted that it's pretty much unparalleled as far as modern folk music goes

tl;dr both albums have basically the same idea but right at opposite ends of the emotional spectrum
>>
>>63279618
I'm listening to deathconsciousness right now, it's pretty good but it doesn't sound very shoegaze. It seems more darkwave or something imo
>>
>>63280932
Listen closer man,the guitars really resemble the genre.
>>
>>63280932
you'll get there. it's a pretty varied album.
>>
>>63279674
>yeah it's a lot better than VDC
oh fuck anon what are you doing
>>
>>63281093
>>63281109
some of the songs definitely have a lot of shoegazey sounds but im just saying overall a lot of them seem darkwave-y

still top notch to my ears :^)
>>
>>63280812
man do you have a link for the anais mitchell record?
>>
File: first utterance.jpg (463 KB, 1500x1488) Image search: [Google]
first utterance.jpg
463 KB, 1500x1488
Brother: Exuma I
Sister: First Utterance
>>
>>63280812
i love this
>>
>>63281240
I love both of those albums and I have to agree.
>>
>>63280932
>just now listening to Deathconiousness

Holy fucking lurk more
>>
File: Front.jpg (93 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
93 KB, 300x300
>>63281203
Anais Mitchell - The Song They Sang... When Rome Fell (2002)
>i already told you what it sounds like
http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/owteaGWE/file.html
>>
>>63281450
Thank you very much sir.
>>
>>63281293
nigga i heard of months ago i just never got around to listening to it tho
>>
>>63281543
>months
>>
>>63279654
uh, yeah
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.