[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/metal vs hardcore/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Tp57IChbfks.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Tp57IChbfks.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
Essentially both scenes play heavy, angry, violent music. But they have a rivalry between each other.

Metal is theatrical and has a preference for push moshing, circlepits etc
Hardcore is more "real", focused more on crowd interaction and "hardcore dancing"

Both have their entry-level kid friendly bands and underground shit.
Metalcore bands can even fall under the metal banner (Trivium, Killswitch Engage) or the hardcore banner (Parkway Drive, The Ghost Inside)

But what's the beef between both scenes? Metalheads usually hate hardcore kids and vice versa.
Is it possible to like both metal and hardcore at the same time?
>>
>Is it possible to like both metal and hardcore at the same time?
yes
>>
>>63277938
/thread
>>
File: 1387325923699.jpg (7 KB, 212x200) Image search: [Google]
1387325923699.jpg
7 KB, 212x200

is there anyone that thinks you can't?
>>
all metal and hardcore bands dat rival wit each other r usually total shit
>>
>>63277930
>But they have a rivalry between each other.
nope they dont
>>
>>63277981
It was kind of a joke, most metalheads despise core bands for not being metal enough and core bros usually make fun of metal bands for being too autistic and European (fact)
>>
>>63277938
/thread
>>
>>63277930
they're basically the same scene now. Maybe online you get people quibling over distinctions between the two and talking mad shit, but it's not something I've seen irl.

Now in the 80's? There was metal, and there was punk /HC and the fan base did not interact except violently most of the time. Yeah I know one of you is just itching to post SOD or The Accused or DRI to prove me wrong, but they were the exceptions. When Agnostic Front released Cause For Alarm they were damn near shunned from the punk / HC scene for releasing a 'metal' album.

Source: me a guy who fought with metal kids in the 80s / early 90s - I was literally jumped for having a studded leather and spikey short hair by random longhairs wearing denim jackets with Megadeth patches back in the day
>>
>>63278001
The bands probably don't but metalheads are always like "omfg a core band fuck omg core kiddies doing ninja kicks WHY DONT U MOSH LIKE REAL MAN!!"

and imagine an SxE warrior listening to progressive atmospheric black metal - it just doesn't happen he would think it was well gay

then you've got your djent nerds in the background jerking off to their new tech gear 9-string guitar shit just doing their own thing
>>
>>63277981
I'd fuck the hell out of metal, not too into hardcore desu though, so yeah I pretty much only like one of the two.
>>
>>63278061
Yeah I see a lot of that shit online more than anything (metal-archives and facebook pages/groups of people who seem to take their music "identity" far too seriously), at shows it's just people who go to enjoy the band and have a good time. I do however think when you're part of a scene you want to fit in with that scene and go with what the majority is wearing and listening to. I'm not really part of a scene anymore so I think core and metal are equally sick.

I do find the metal / hardcore shit in 80s 90s pretty fascinating that was a true rivalry, what about the early to mid 90s metalcore developments? At one point Hatebreed supported Entombed. pretty crazy shit.
>>
>>63278171
Yeah, there were some weird bills in the 90's - I saw Korn opening for Sick Of It All! Nobody knew what to think of them beyond "fuck these weirdos, time to go drink some beer in the alley and get pumped for SoiA's pit!"

I blame metalcore squarely on Pantera - I still remember hearing Vulgar Display when it was relatively new and just being like "Fuck these metalheads for taking parts of HC, why don't they just listen to the real stuff? And cut their stupid hair while they're at it, fags"

On the otherside of the coin, there were a lot of metalheads that wouldn't listen to Napalm Death or Carcass because of all the punk / crusty fans they tended to draw. A buddy of mine interned at a local radio station's 'heavy metal' hour and he had a huge record collection of grind and death metal because every time the show would get an album like that the DJs would dismissively give them to him, unheard
>>
>>63278390
forgot my trip if it weren't obvious...
>>
>>63277930
Of course. When I was a faggot elitist when I was 15, I thought hardcore was inferior, but now I know that's not true.
>>
>>63279231
>exactly me irl
>>
>>63277930
It's called liking mathcore.
>>
>>63280811
HAHA NICE MEME LOL CONVERGE xD
>>
Extreme metal is built on 80s hardcore.

Modern hardcore is built on extreme metal.
>>
There's no reason for a rivalry, there are even crossover bands that appeal to both (not metalcore, crossover thrash).
>>
>>63281337
Metalcore can appeal to both you fucking elitist!!!!!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.