[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy is so fucking impressive. I never thought he would top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Kendrick-Lamar-Chris-Buck.jpg (270 KB, 615x900) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick-Lamar-Chris-Buck.jpg
270 KB, 615x900
This guy is so fucking impressive. I never thought he would top GkMC, and I don't think he has, yet he manages to reinvent himself with stuff like TPAB and UU. The lyrics, production and general wordflow/musicianship is better than everything else at this point.

I'm pretty psyched to be alive along with Kendrick.
>>
>>63274476
tpab and uu are boring as fuck
>>
>>63274476
Same. I don't think anyone doubts his talent as the most skilled MC of the '10s.
>>
>>63274476
kendrick is almost objectively the best rapper in the game right now which means that no matter how much he deserves praise people will always find him overrated. its the same shit that happens with groups like radiohead and the beach boys
>>
>>63274476
>>63274513
>embarrassing
>>
>>63274560
>my point exactly
>>
>>63274485
LEVITATE out of here
>>63274513
>radiohead and the beach boys
>overrated
tupac,drake and early beatles are overrated as fuck tho
>>
>>63274476
>>63274513
poptimist trash. Kendrick, Radiohead, and The Beach Boys are all inoffensive, boring shit with a superficial artsy facade.
>>
>>63274476
I'm just impressed that Kendrick is so popular. I don't think that he's the best artist out right now (certainly not even close to being my personal favourite), but his music is much more complex and challenging than other mainstream pop right now. Just look at his performance at the Grammys.
>>
>>63274918
do you classify a band's greatness on being offensive? In a way, that would make them boring, and isn't art subjective anyways, so how can you call it 'superficial' when it's supposed to be defined by the observer?
>>
>>63274773
>early beatles are overrated as fuck tho
Boo!
>>
>>63275154
Don't be a tool

>do you classify a band's greatness on being offensive
In this context inoffensive refers to relationships to cultural standards. The three artists mentioned have essentially no capacity to aesthetically challenge their listeners. They essentially ape culturally accepted styles.
> In a way, that would make them boring, and isn't art subjective anyways, so how can you call it 'superficial' when it's supposed to be defined by the observer?
actually fucking incoherent. go home.
>>
>>63274476
DOOM still a better lyricist though
>>
I really cant stand niggers
>>
>>63275327
doom will be remembered as the most boring rapper with the stupidest flow.Kendrick is an actual artist rather than a guy that just tries so hard to come up with the most obscure shit so that suburban white kids can feel patrician
>>
File: 1457532372392.jpg (7 KB, 333x259) Image search: [Google]
1457532372392.jpg
7 KB, 333x259
>>63275354
*smacks lips*
>>
It's well established TPAB is a salad of genres.
>>
>>63274971
KYS
>>
>>63275370
I'm not white but okay lmao I can already tell you a shea butter using ass black panther ass nigga.
>>
>>63275449
>ass ass ass
>>
>>63274513
>and the beach boys
>the beach boys
>beach boys
>>
>>63275370
i got da stupidest flow
i roll blowin' o's wit ho's
and coast to coast dey kno
i got da stupidest flow
>>
>>63275235
you don't have to get so heated during a discussion, but it's nice to know when you're talking with someone that instantly turns to strawman arguments when debating
>>
>>63274773
drake is underrated and constantly shat on
take you le real deep rappers circlejerk back to r/hhh you faggot.
>>
>>63274513
No.
>>
>>63275327
Doom is garbage for hipsters.
>>
>>63275617
But also hip hop for people who actually appreciate flow and wordplay.
>>
>>63275617
no
>>
>>63275590
>drake is underrated and constantly shat on

That's the complete opposite. He's currently on top of the rap game and he has a fan base that's expendable and annoying like the B-Hive. The fact that people still fuck with him after using ghostwriters and exploiting other less mainstream rappers tells you how overrated he is
>>
honestly I didn't like tpab at all when it first dropped but the album has aged magnificently for me. the production is just out of this world, and I don't really mean the beat production necessarily but how everything fits together, the creative beat drops, skits actually working well, blends of different black genres, etc. gkmc has the better singles for sure, but as an album tpab is ambitious as fuck.
>>
>>63275590
Drake is a fucking hack. The "so what you're being marketed to get over it!" faggots are the real contrarians because they refuse to admit that having all of your shit ghostwritten is corny as fuck and should disqualify you from being a respected rapper
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.