[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate Death Grips. I immediately lose respect for anyone who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: crazyride.jpg (257 KB, 658x439) Image search: [Google]
crazyride.jpg
257 KB, 658x439
I hate Death Grips. I immediately lose respect for anyone who listens to them, and especially those who praise them. Here's why:

Name 20 successful people that listen to them. Pop basically runs the show when it comes to music. This includes artists like Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Zayn Malik, Adele, Katy Perry, Beyonce et al. Pop has artists making significant contributions to the entire music industry.

Death Grips on the other hand pulls most of the heavy weight packaging from teenage angst with each album. They then lay basic synths and a joke of a rapper over it. It generally lags behind pop by a mile or two in inventiveness. I never hear their music in shops or mentioned by anyone over the age of 25.

So tell me again, how exactly do Death Grips innovate? They even struggle to release a new theme with each release, and artwork is about the only original thing with Death Grips.

Yes, Death Grips is stable because they are standing on the shoulders of socially awkward teenagers. Most of the hard work is hashed out before they ever start making "music". This is fine, and what music is all about, but I prefer to be in with the leaders rather than the followers.

What really irks me and what has really brewed my hatred are Death Grips fans. They seem to think Death Grips is responsible for all that is good in the music world. I have just proven how false this is. In my experience, Death Grips fans (virgins, teenagers, and manchildren) are much less helpful than the alternative.

If you want nice pop, listen to Bruno Mars or Taylor Swift. If you like rock, Tame Impala. If you prefer, Drake or Kendrick Lamar. But please, don't feed the idiot magnet that is Death Grips!
>>
stale mene
>>
File: 1455138866068.gif (3 MB, 173x267) Image search: [Google]
1455138866068.gif
3 MB, 173x267
>You wrote this whole thing
>>
David bowie, robert pattinson, tyler the creator, tom morello, Iggy pop, fred armisen, Sasha grey, eric andre, David chloe, Mike shinoda, bjork, the guy from Kasbian, bojack horseman, jesse pinkman. Anybody else know more?
>>
>>63274170
Cool pasta
>>
k
>>
>>63274170
Death Grips is good you faggot, Beware gets my blood pumping, Takyon shows me I'm not pathetic, Hacker tells me I have power, Anne Bonny is for my anger and On GP makes me cry
>>
File: satiama_ok_thumbnail_grande.jpg (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
satiama_ok_thumbnail_grande.jpg
36 KB, 400x400
>>
/mu/ ruined Death Grips for me
>>
>>63275083
they ruined /mu/ for me
>>
File: 1455728292129.jpg (7 KB, 244x244) Image search: [Google]
1455728292129.jpg
7 KB, 244x244
>>
>>63275100
cant ruin a steaming pile of shit m8
>>
>>63275141
they found a way
>>
File: 1456999100189.png (2 MB, 1133x763) Image search: [Google]
1456999100189.png
2 MB, 1133x763
>>63274170
Baiting or not, I lose respect for you particularly for using this board to shitpost.
>>
>>63274170
what a huge shitpost op, you are a loser for wasting time writing it
>>
>>63274860

>Hacker tells me I have power

it's literally a song about not being able to go back into a gig after you leave

how does that make you feel powerful
>>
>>63275357
Ride puts all his energy into the vocals bro
Example with the lyrics:
I'm in your area

He fucking screams this man, it's so full of energy and anger, if you sing along to it you feel like an alpha male or just damn powerful, telling your enemies you know their every move and shit
>>
>>63274170
mediocre b8 m8
>>
That Twilight guy has it pretty good.
>>
>>63274170
You tried. Saged.
>>
>>63275643
Counter-bump because you don't know how sage works.
>>
>>63274197
But he didnt though, jokes on you dude
>>
>>63274170
can someone adapt this shit for kanye
>>
>>63275643
what
>>63275939
said.
>>
File: 1440494875583.gif (2 MB, 400x206) Image search: [Google]
1440494875583.gif
2 MB, 400x206
>>63274170
Tldr, OP is still a faggot
>>
WEEEEEEEEEEEEW
>>
>>63274197
>>63276418
people like you need to die or at least shut up. dismissing some opinion because of the length of the post is equal to the mindset of liking some albums because of good cover art. your favorite beatles album is probably revolver.
your favorite kanye album is probably yeezus.
>>
>>63274170
Pop is made to appeal to the masses. Death grips have actually progressed a sound originally tinkered with by tackhead, mission of burma and Atari teenage riot.
What they talk about is anxiety in our age, which few people are actually doing. This is not angst. Angst is nickleback. Tame Impala is just shit 13th floor elevators and hash jar tempo. Taylor swift is biting off of Janelle Monáe right now too.
Death grips isn't responsible for all the best music right now. But they are providing interesting and great new music.

I know this is just some strong b8 tho.
Next time don't make it so obvious towards the end
>>
>>63274170
i cringed
>>
>>63274233
Huh, good list.
>>
>>63278125
/thread
>>
>>63278125
>taylor swift
>ripping off janelle monae
This has to be bait, they're nothing alike
>>
>>63278125
>What they talk about is anxiety in our age, which few people are actually doing.
Plenty of people talk about that and are actually coherent unlike meme grips you just need to listen
>>
>>63277818
Yeezus is mom-rap. Kanye and the Beatles are both coma-inducing elementary garbage for people who only want to be seen listening to music. Why would you assume anyone here listens to them unless specifically mentioned? You are out of your depth kiddo
>>
>>63278556
shake it off, tight rope. I'm from atlanta and everyone hates her because she is taking from Janelle. no b8
>>
>>63278608
> you just need to listen
I'll take the b8, who do you have in mind?
>>
It does not matter OP, Death Grips are already losing significance and popularity by the day, they'll be forgotten within a few years.
>>
>>63274233
Run the jewels
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.