[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't blacks play guitar anymore?? They used to be bretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: images-29.jpg (11 KB, 250x263) Image search: [Google]
images-29.jpg
11 KB, 250x263
Why don't blacks play guitar anymore?? They used to be bretty good
>>
cause the yakub stole it
>>
Prince still picks up an axe and rocks out from time to time.

Perhaps you should see George Clinton next time he plays in your town. They still jam out the old 70s Parliment/Funkadelic stuff, especially when they stop the show for the song "Maggot Brian". Also Vernon Reid and Lenny Kravitz are still active, touring and recording. Check out Body Count, if you can get past Ice-T's vocal stylings. (And, yes, even The Bad Brains still get together from time to time when HR is whacked out of his mind)
>>
>>63271375
Tosin Abasi
Bobby Broom
Greg Howe
Prince
>>
>>63271925
But they invented rock n roll man. You would still expect many great black players.
>>
WE WUZ GUITARISTS N SHHIIIEEET
>>
Gary Clark Jr.
>>
>>63271925
Tosin Abasi is a chugga chugga retard
>>
>>63272117
>>
>>63271375
I have afro-hispanic roots but my father is too cheap to get me a guitar and a job ain't gonna help me get shit.

Hence, why I'm a rapper now.
>>
curtis harding
>>
>>63272122
Fuck off fagtano

Go back to preaching your veganism rubbish
>>
shit-hop came along and fucked it over. leave it to black guys to fuck up what they helped build.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g762REJWcg
>>
>>63272117
Look at all that chug holy shit what a faggot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl3lZFSqxCs
>>
>>63272956
how do you explain white people aren't stuck doing rap because Eminem is white ?
>>
>>63273371
not him but that's such a stupid question
>>
>>63273420
I just meant that you aren't forced into a genre because of your race,
>>
black people realized white people were fucking crazy and went and formed their own scene
>>
>>63273438
that's a better way of putting it

I think it's not that much your race but your cultural background
>>
>>63271908
>Prince
What the fuck happened to Prince? I heard he's a loon now who produces all kinds of shit and then locks it away without a word.
>>
>>63273448
but it'd be acting blind not seeing that race has got an influence on cultural background, especially depending on the place you're born
>>
Funk came around and killed blues and jazz. Then they started using synths.
>>
>>63272956
>leave it to black guys to fuck up what they helped build.

That's fucking retarded, even in that timeframe people like R. Kelly, Lenny Kravitz, Fishbone, The Living Colour or D'Angelo were pretty popular without being eclipsed by hip hop
>>
>>63272108

This he's really quite unique
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.