[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Listening to this for the first time, it's my first type-o-negative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: type_o_bloody_kisses.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
type_o_bloody_kisses.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
Listening to this for the first time, it's my first type-o-negative album. this is really good so far, even though i felt a tiny bit uncomfortable with the moans at the start.
>>
I'm okay with the oldschool synths, but the lyricism could have been alot better.

I still like this so far
>>
>Loving you was like loving the dead
Yes, the lyrics could have been alot better
>>
>>63271151
>lyrics could have been alot better
It's fucking Type O Negative.
>>
>>63271181
It's the first time i hear them though!
>>
>>63271070
>>63271151
Peter Steele definitely wasn't known for his lyricism. Or intelligence. Or ability to make good decisions. Seriously, the dude posed for Playgirl and then started complaining when he found out that Playgirl is read by mostly dudes.

But he did have a great voice, and Type O Negative's sound aesthetic as a whole was godly.
>>
>>63271212
I do enjoy the album overall, its pretty good.

i just criticized the lyrics, but admittedly the lyrics are not very important to this album so it's okay
>>
>that ambiance at 3.0.I.F
wow
>>
I rate this album 7.5/10 ~ 8/10, based on first listen.

The last track in this album is actually amazing btw
>>
>>63271151
It's funny, what's wrong with that?
>>
I always thought they were a curious band.

Like kinda gothy in theme but they sounded like Ozzy's 80s power ballads with doomier vocals
>>
Listening to this now for the first time in a long fucking time. Really liking it for some reason. It sounds like music for cheesy big 80s horror movies.
>>
>>63271212
>and Type O Negative's sound aesthetic as a whole was godly.

It's... kind of great. It's own thing, too, which is weird because you'd think this idea would have been explored more.
>>
File: 1454464555037.jpg (67 KB, 904x960) Image search: [Google]
1454464555037.jpg
67 KB, 904x960
>>63271212
>Seriously, the dude posed for Playgirl and then started complaining when he found out that Playgirl is read by mostly dudes

still hilarious
>>
the vocals sound like they were heavily influenced by older gothic rock bands.
>>
>>63272031
Yeah what's interesting about them is that the vocals and atmosphere and theme are gothic, but it's not based in post-punk and dark synthpop like other goth music, but in this slow, Ozzy-ish, power-ballad-from-an-80s-horror-movie-ending-credits aesthetic that is also totally relevant and makes sense to the gothic idea but didn't get explored much given the different genre origins (although gothy industrial metal did catch on)
>>
nice blog retard
>>
>>63272205
Hey buddy, wanna see a faggot? Try lookin in the mirror.
>>
>>63272235
put your trip back on
>>
Carnivore is the superior incarnation of this band. Type O Negative's whole discography was shit compared to Carnivore's meager two albums of material.
>>
>>63270973
Digipak re-release > Original release

One of the few times were removing songs makes an album better. Not to mention the track that got added is one of the best they did.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.