[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to make music and put it on the Internet >literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 633x758
>want to make music and put it on the Internet
>literally only have an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, a phone microphone, and a pirated copy of FL Studio
Should I even bother recording and editing and putting it on like Bandcamp or will I just get laughed at
>>
I'm already laughing.
>>
>>63269891
jesus christ, you sound like a whining child. That's more than you need to get started. Get a souncloud account and post your music. No one gives a shit and no one will listen unless you show them.
>>
get a job
>>
you can make plenty of shit with that. just use a lo-fi gimmick if you feel your equipment can't go for clear, crisp sound :^)
>>
will toledo started just like that and look where he is now, never give up on your dreams anon! i trust in you!
>>
>>63269891
Buy a looper pedal that can save wave files that's how I make my music without a mic right now. You can listen for yourself to hear how it sounds "okay" I don't mean to plug myself but I'm using myself as an example. https://m.soundcloud.com/corey-ahmed
>>
You're already looking at it wrong. Accept that you'll be screaming into the bottomless echo chamber of desperate kids with a guitar, some pirated DAW, and a notebook of simplified Bob Dylan lyrics, awash in a sea of derivativity that nobody is going to take the time to wade through, and just have fun representing something for its own sake you societal cuck
>>
>>63270762
A little harsh senpai but I guess It's needed
OP don't care about what people say about your music. Just make it and enjoy it. If people dig it then they do if not who gives a fuck?
>>
>>63270762
/thread
>>
burial did it all with an old junk computer, a flickering screen, little music training, and a DREAM... if you let /mu/ naysayers stand in your way then you never had a chance man
>>
>>63270801
It's more liberating than any other outcome. Music made without consideration of its politics or representation as an object is the freest music there is. Creating music for the sake of its own creation is why music isn't exclusively confined to the church anymore, and why it can represent more than just its political interests. If people start becoming interested in your screaming - cool. If they don't, that's even better
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 700x700
>>63270894
Im agreeing with you senpai
>>
>>63269891
thats quite a bit of stuff though. you should also get garage band on your phone because that will increase your arsenal of shiet. it has a lot of cool stuff and it has a sampler
>>
rob a bank and use the money to buy more equipment you poosy
>>
File: your mother is pure ideology.jpg (55 KB, 400x235) Image search: [Google]
your mother is pure ideology.jpg
55 KB, 400x235
>>63271039
I understand friendo. I use /mu/ as a personal scratchboard to rant about dumb shit regardless of whether anyone objects or not. I'm not arguing anything
>>
you have to do it for yourslf, its not like anything else in life where you can have a direction/goals / ambition. to get anything out of it, you just have to do it and see if it's worth it , you know. everyone starts low, its the only way you know if youll like anything. the greatest football players started with very cheap balls and shoes. the best writers started with an shitty kindergarten pencil. go and do it!
>>
>>63269891
at least get an pirated ableton and soundforge
they're good
>>
>>63271190
Oh true I gotcha.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.