[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: spiderland cover.jpg (46 KB, 628x628) Image search: [Google]
spiderland cover.jpg
46 KB, 628x628
When does this get good?
>>
>>63268398
it doesn't, stop falling for /mu/ memes you idiot
>>
When he says "MAMMA MIA"
>>
the first track. Stops being good in the second track though.
>>
After three listens it will click and become amazing.
>>
It's a meme
>>
>>63268398
DAWN STEEP'D AUT SAYD
My fav part of that album is probably Idioteque
>>
>>63268451
On play 2 right now
>>
Tom Violence
>>
It starts being good on the first track and stops being good at the end of the last track
>>
Now that it's #1 on the /mu/ list, it's time to come out and say it's massively overrated.
>>
>>63268398
This album is objectively god tier. If you dont like it YOU are wrong.
>>
>>63268398
It's overrated trash
>>
Usual Dosage is pretty great
>>
>>63268398
In a couple of years it will become the new Hospice.
>>
>>63268579
>>63268595
Except Hospice is actually shit
>>
>>63268451
I've listened to it at least 5x and I hate it's guts.
>>
>>63268639
so is slint, ur point?
>>
>post-rock
>good

Slint, Tortoise (fuck this retarded shit), GYBE, the list goes on.. all garbage.
>>
>>63268579
>>63268595
>>63268716
>trips and namefags
>all being contarian fuckwits
to be expected

>>63268723
What about labradford?
>>
>>63268447
Holy fuck, what is with /mu/'s rejection on Nosferatu Man? I think it's probably one of the best on the album. Spiderland is 10/10 all the way through.
>>
>>63268398
When you try to learn guitar or drums.
>>
>>63268793
Nosferatu Man isn't even in the top 3 songs on the album, but it has the best moment on the entire thing. Starts at around 2:40

It's a great song, pretty important for the overall theme and flow of the album, but it's not as good as Good Morning Captain
>>
>>63268858
*3:40
>>
gotta turn up the volume man. Real fucking loud.

Full disclosure i hated the entire album first listen until "....I MISS YOU..." which was fucking amazing. Full body chills man.
Then i listen to it again (LOUD) and i completely fell in love.
>>
>>63268762
just cuz i have an opinion dat doesnt match ur own means im a contrarian? lol k

wit spiderland theres actually nothing 2get tbf

its just shitty uneventful rock music dats trying 2 achieve some kind off an atmosphere and fails @ it musically wit cover being the only thing here 2help and i guess apparently it works on some ppl? if u look past dat its actually pretty fucking terrible desu
>>
>>63269016
>/mu/core
>#1 in recent poll
>very positive reception
It's not only me who thinks it's good. Work on your bait, this is really bad
>>
>>63268858
I think it's probably the best on the album mood wise, Spiderland is my fav album, I love all the tracks on it, but there is just something I love about Nosferatu Man.
>>
>>63269117
its not only me who thinks its bad

it being /mu/core means dat its shit more then it doesnt desu

mbdtf also had very positive reception from press but does dat mean its actually good? lol

pls start talking bout music only after u work on ur aesthetic sensibilities cuz right now ur only embarrassing urself
>>
>this thread

neo-/mu/, everyone
>>
>>63269231
Yea its fucking annoying spiderland is one of the few albums I consider objectively good. If you dislike it you dont get it- simple as that
>>
>>63268858
>>63268873
I fucking love that part.
>>
>>63268990
This is key
>>
>>63269229
I've always thought of mbdtf as a sort of niche /mu/core. For the hiohop fans.

I can see you aren't the only one panning the album, but you are a very small majority, and I've never seen this album put down on /mu/ until that survey came out and it was placed at number one.

You haven't actually cited any reasons for it being bad, other than uneventful, which anyone who listened to even just the first track would know is bullshit, and that it tried and failed to create an atmosphere, which I admit could be subject to opinion, but anyone would say it does a fine job creating an atmosphere

You're the only one embarrassing yourself with your shitty bait and philosophy 101 terms
>>
>>63268723
and what's good my nig?
>>
>>63269474
my point is dat the whole point off dis album is 2 create an atmosphere

dats it

its the only purpose off dis whole thing

im not saying dat is y its shit but its a big part off the reason

u could say "aight so do like all ambient albums" but its not the case actually ass we all no good ambient albums do something more then dat

like just how fucking shitty does ur band have 2b if the only thing u aim 4 is the atmopshere?

its the exact same shit ass wit sunn o or something and i actually like some drone metal

fuck garbage like dis honestly dis is the actual muzak dat punks warned us bout its just garbage music 4 garbage listeners
>>
>>63269016
learn to fucking type holy shit are you a nigger or something
>>
After you marathon the first 2 tracks
>>
>>63269679
you are now the worst trip on this board I can't read your goddamn nigspeak any longer holy shit
>>
>>63269016
Paragraph of synonyms for the word bad and buzzwords sprinkled in

COOL OPINION :)
>>
>>63268398
the last minute of the record
>>
>>63269679
Worst trip confirmed
>>
>>63269679
i dunno wat i just said but i realiz im actually retarded srry evtryone im jusvt baitng u :DDDDDDD
BENIS
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.