[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BoC Thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 810-BP7S0QL._SL1500_.jpg (245 KB, 1500x1375) Image search: [Google]
810-BP7S0QL._SL1500_.jpg
245 KB, 1500x1375
>>
K. What now op? I'd just like to say that Julie and candy & zoetrope are favorites by them
>>
Boc is too mainstream xd
>>
How do you feel about Movie Magick?
>>
Tomorrow's Harvest is underrated fám. Also the recent remixes are great
>>
>>63267412
>BoCset when
>>63267543
who?
>>63267579
>remixes
I thought they only did one recently, have there been more?
>>
File: bordering.jpg (88 KB, 770x642) Image search: [Google]
bordering.jpg
88 KB, 770x642
>tfw no marcus bf
>>
>>63267731
>they actually have hair and not just beanies
Also they're way qter than I thought.
>>
>>63267620
>who?

A Polish dude who makes music in the style of BoC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mE7OZkIc1A
>>
>>63267412
Don't Fear the Reaper is a jam
>>
What is the best BoC song and why is it Whitewater?

>>63267869
Is that something off the old tunes tapes?
>>
What do you guys think about Telepath/Oldboy?
>>
File: oldtunes.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
oldtunes.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
A Few Old Tunes Vol 1 & 2 are some of my favorite works from BoC, yet I rarely see them ever mentioned. Skimming Stones is one of their most beautiful songs.
>>
>>63268034
Buckie High made me cry
>>
>>63267991
He's a bit hit and miss, but his newer stuff is getting pretty good. Interested to hear his new album.
Also, while Telepath was a bit generic of a name, I have no clue why he thought Oldboy was a good idea, it's not very good.
>>63268034
They're pretty good but I don't think they're that good, pretty hit or miss compared to their later stuff which makes sense when you consider they're meant to be demo tapes.
Finity, Forest Moon, Skimming Stones, Carcan, Mansel, I Will Get It Tattooed, Sequoia, Original Nlogax, Dave (I'm a real traditionalist), Nine Rubber Wisdom, Mukhinabaht, Alpha Rainbow, Northern Plastics, and Powerline Misfortune are some of my favorites.
>>
>>63267543
>>63267846
Sounds way too digital compared to BoC and just honestly isn't very good from the bit I've just sampled. Sounds more like some of the remixes of the midis OPN released last year tbqh, especially with the drums and arpeggios at the end of that song
>>
>>63268284
A lot of his stuff hits exactly that creepy vibe Boards of Canada can get for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diXjFwxPi0Q
>>
>>63268337
Yeah, just checked out a few more of his shorter vignettes and they definitely feel a bit Old Tunes 2-ish but more digital, definitely has the vibes down though. Pretty sure he wouldn't be the first I'd recommend to a person looking for more BoC-esque stuff though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZzCRSbKEI

fav atm
>>
>>63268722
You should check this out if you haven't already
https://youtu.be/TqVj9fBWaUQ
>>
Tomorrows Harvest finally clicked the other day while I was out walking. Dunno why, I had considered it a massive disappointment since its release.
>>
>>63268960
thanks mate

hadn't heard this tune
>>
Lads what ur favorite TCH tune? also, new album when?
>>
>bought two BoC records on Bleep.com because they have cheaper international shipping rates
>1 month later I'm still waiting for them

What's your opinion on Bleep webstore? Especially non-US/UK users?
>>
I liked Tomorrow's Harvest
>>
>>63271087

honestly the worst online seller i have ever bought things from
>>
>>63271087
It's pretty terrible, honestly. Don't have many good experiences there.
>>
>>63271111
Yeah, I like it too. Only track I'm not super fond of is Telepath, and it's not because it's bad or anything, it's just that it's so derivative of Geogaddi that it almost borders on parody. Just felt sort of "BoC by the numbers"
>>
I really liked campfire headphase, reminded me a lot of being a kid and made me nostalgic for my childhood.
Geogaddi is my favourite but that album makes me feel like im going fucking insane.
>>
>>63271041
Peacock Tail
>>
>>63271041
Satelite Anthem Icarus
>>
their recent new 2 remixes were fucking trash
>>
>>63271041
84 Pontiac dream or satellite anthem icarus
>>
>>63271041
Oscar See Through Red Eye! Anyone else a big fan of this one? I feel it's pretty underrated - doesn't get talked about a lot.

>>63271552
I liked the Odd Nosdam one a lot. Not too keen on the other, but that was mainly because of the vocals.
>>
>>63267731
Qtest duo tbqh
>>
>>63271552
they weren't very good or interesting songs to begin with.
>>
>>63271365
nigga wut, serious vibes on Telepath

>>63271552
nah, mr mistake remix is great
>>
>>63267731
A mate of mine lives a street or two away from Marcus, not kidding.
>>
>>63271480
>campfire headphase
>reminded me a lot of being a kid and made me nostalgic for my childhood

Same. It reminds me of family camping trips we used to take in the 80s, lakeside picnics, visits to the playpark etc. Just generally stuff from those almost endless childhood summers.
>>
>>63272260
damn
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.