[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ hate Burger so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: BurgerRecords.jpg (27 KB, 329x302) Image search: [Google]
BurgerRecords.jpg
27 KB, 329x302
Why does /mu/ hate Burger so much?
>>
File: that is a tasty burger.png (238 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
that is a tasty burger.png
238 KB, 500x377
But I do, OP
>>
>>63265296
You do or you don't hate them?
>>
Because worse than signing and releasing the same band over and over again, which is forgivable, they center around this hacky BJM revivalism let's eat pizza and chicken nuggies 2k16 sometimes i do coke mentality
>>
Those fucking shitheads put slowdive on at 4:00 today. What the fuck? Couldn't make the set because of that. Assholes.
>>
>>63265654
>slowdive
who?
>>
>>63265688

Funny stuff.
>>
>>63265688
i love your posts bro keep it up
>>
>>63265262
I'd listen to them more but I have too much math homework.
>>
dumb gimmick
>>
dude pizza stick and pokes
>>
Because they sign the kind of bands that sound like some local band that a /mu/tant thinks "wow i could do better than this" then never does.
>>
>>63265262
Does anybody else like Tomorrows Tulips? My first impression was that it was really vapid and lacking substance (and maybe it is in some sense) but I've been feeling this album lately:
https://youtu.be/6tQwc6xoVeE
>>
There isn't a single good band on their roster.

Also, why would an extremely conservative take on some idealized 'classic' garage/punk/power-pop guitar band band have any relevance at this point?

It's just a fundamentally musically-conservative little niche, for crypto-conservative suburban bores who can't get past the idea of guitar music.

Also, every band is the same boring fucking drrr drdr drr drdr drrr riff.

They're a joke in the underground, around LA, around the Bay... everyone else think they're a bunch of lame talentless posers. Like garage rock revival happened in the early 00s, why the fuck do that again?
>>
>>63265688
Slowdive doesn't belong at their festival either. They always trashed genuinely atmospheric/psychedelic/dreamy music, prefer a really melodic kind of trash garage pop that's secretly just punk as a form of conservatism.

They just recently have thrown a couple good bands into those bigger lineups to try to have something relevant standing near them for a moment.
>>
>>63265977
The Memories are pretty good.
>>
I went to one of their record shops and there was a guy trying to make a 420weed blunt out of a pizza

classic burger!
>>
new kim gordon's on burger

only reason its on my radar lately
>>
dunno who these guys are but from this thread they sound absolutely epin
>>
>>63265954
>>63266207
+ The Growlers
The only reasons I care about the label. They also have The Pharcyde, Brian Jonestown Massacre, and Thee Oh Sees, but I liked their stuff before they signed to them.
>>
>>63266450
The Growlers are terrible

Yes, I've seen that one video. It's for people who have absolutely no knowledge of blues music and think it's about looking cute in the streets
>>
File: a0655139334_10.jpg (780 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a0655139334_10.jpg
780 KB, 1200x1200
>>63266523
I don't even know what video you're talking about, but last summer I used to get drunk and/or stoned on a shitty inflatable raft and listen to pic related while I bobbed around and got sunburnt. It was great and I look forward to doing it again in a couple months.
>>
>>63265944
>that a /mu/tant thinks "wow i could do better than this" then never does.

Personally I wouldn't want to "do better than this" but just as "good" as you all see it. It would make me perfectly contempt and consider it a personal victory.
>>
File: mikal-cronin-1.jpg (121 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
mikal-cronin-1.jpg
121 KB, 480x320
>>63266450
OH and Mikal Cronin. He looks like he'd make terrible music but MCII is amazing. But once again, it was released under Merge so I can't really give Burger any credit there.
>>
>>63266274
>>63266450
Those aren't burger artists though. They've recently managed to release a few cassettes by already established artists, all completely unrelated to their scene and style - which is a very specific garage pop scene.
>>
>>63266264
i lived five minutes away from their fullerton store and can confirm this
>>
>>63267066
except the Oh Sees (I mean, as far as artists actually related to their scene). But the Oh Sees again didn't come out of their exact crowd - were already doing their own thing separately.
>>
Is Burger a genuinely good store to get records? I live closeby, in Placentia, CA.
>>
>>63267187
Nah, it's shit. They have a really limited selection because they have such narrow taste.

I'd recommend Fingerprints in Long Beach, Dr. Freeclouds in Fountain Valley for electronic, or Amoeba of course in LA

(did a quick search though, looks like a lot of my favorites down there are gone)
>>
>>63267187
Drive up to Pasadena and say whats up to Ras G for me at Poobah.
>>
>>63267187
I go to the college nearby and decided to visit it. They have an awful selection and the store smells like shit
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.