[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Scaruffi called a Patrician when he likes Korn? I mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: scaruffi.png (83 KB, 953x611) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi.png
83 KB, 953x611
Why is Scaruffi called a Patrician when he likes Korn?

I mean he likes some good stuff, but Slipknot and Korn?

Also, the fact that he considers Trout Mask Replica the greatest album ever is a fucking joke
>>
>>63263800
>he dosent like tmr and korn

Lol what a pleb
>>
but the albums on the bottom all are /mu/core shit
>>
>>63263829
OP here

I don't even like half those albums but trying to say Korn is better than any of them is stupid
>>
>>63263800
All that nu-metal is bad but nothing you have below it is much better
>>
Every single one of those ratings is objectively correct
>>
>>63263855
I didn't create this image. Some stuff on it is pretty shit though, like Demon Days
>>
>>63263800
Scarbuffi is a music listener
he ignores lyrics, the band members history, everything they have ever done when listening to their music, and mostly pays attention to skill and innovation
>>
>>63263875
>slipknot 7/10

/underage/
>>
>>63263902
>it's edgy so it's bad

Nice job letting your personal biases cloud your view of the compositions.
>>
>>63263800
he's just not a fucking tool who gives any album he kinda likes an 8/10 or above.

He gives sensible ratings desu
>>
>>63263800
>He gave Fear Factory and Dream Theater albums 8/10

True patrician
>>
>>63263800
>Korn-7.5
>Slipknot-7
>MPP-6

>Meat is Murder-5

What the fuck
>>
>>63263931
No bias here, Slipknot's just fucking terrible
>>
>>63263843
Nu-metal broke much ground when it came out, and it's stilled played by millions today. People will always be inspired by it, Forever.
>>
>>63263970
Why?
>>
>>63263975
millions of people do not listen to nu-metal in 2016

And what exactly has it inspired except hot topic and cutting yourself
>>
>>63263970
>>63263975
Slipknot at least had some pretty pulverizing Sepultura-esque swampthrash going on. When I think of the most abominable aspects of nu-metal I think of like linkin park, bizkit and above all fucking Disturbed
>>
>>63264001
>Inb4 "le gimicky maskies"
>>
>>63264013
Yes they do bitchnigga, i know tons of people in Indiana who still rock that shit loud. Stop disagreeing with me or i'll put a price on your head.
>>
Dude Slipknot's first two albums fucking smack, you're all kidding yourselves acting like they don't. Their energy is raw as hell, guitar tone is fantastic, and they don't overdo the samples/scratching. Their live shows back in the day were indescribable.
>>
>>63263889
he cares more for emotion than skill
>>
I don't take scaruffi seriously because of this:
"Safe As Milk (1967) presented their dadaistic take on the blues,"
That was all he had to say about the debut album from Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band. Rate: 9/10.
>>
People are forgetting how good korn used to be when they had the original lineup. Yeah their lyrics were imature and they weren't musical geniuses but their groove was on point and they sounded unique. Their synergy was off the charts. GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDaQaFx2FU4
>>
Scaruffi doesn't know shit about metal, look up his list on the genre, it's ludicrous. Apart from that, til today, he's objectively right about literally everything, without the slightest exception.
>>
>>63264352
But you have to keep in mind that, contrary to 90% of /mu/, he doesn't like the music he likes in order to be edgy or to define himself as a person, he just tries to be objective with his main emphasis on the impact - artistically, of course, and not commercially - an album had and has.
>>
>>63263800
Korns first album is a masterpiece and slipknots first two albums are amazing. Disregard everything they made after while you listen to these albums a lot of people have a tainted perception of these bands due to growing up when they were releasing poor music.
>>
>>63264483
most people don't listen to slipknot or korn at all because they have no interest in or use for anything remotely like that kind of sound/genre
>>
>all the fucking pleb nu metal apologists in thread
>no really listen to the first ablum their early work wuz gud guisee

Pretty cringey
>>
>>63264441
>Type O Negative
>Royal Trux
>Vampire Rodents
>>
>>63264441
This is bullshit. What impact or innovation have Korn and Slipknot made with their shitty low-brow straight out of the trailer park "compositions"?
>>
>>63264627
>shitty low-brow straight out of the trailer park
You're blinded by irrelevant circumstances and irrelevant connotations. There's no point in arguing with you, sorry.
>>
>>63264572
fucking this

only the most appallingly entry level tourists would consider anything these bands released to be essential entries into their respective genres.

if you maintained an interest in heavy music you would have eventually discovered soilent green and acid bath, and you would bury your face in your hands to know there was a bizarro version of yourself out there still naive enough to preach about how amazing it was that korn had like, an acapella section and a bagpipe.
>>
File: 78657845765.png (563 KB, 691x517) Image search: [Google]
78657845765.png
563 KB, 691x517
>>
>>63264142
I bet you wore tripp jeans in high school
>>
>>63264871
I hate how people say it's beta when you hover hand but then when you touch them people say think you're a pervert. There's no winning.
>>
>>63263889
Agreed, that's why The Doors are a 9/10
>>
>>63264950
>putting your hands on someones back for a photo
>pervert
literally no one thinks this
>>
>>63264845
acid bath is fucking shit, babbies first sludge
>>
>>63265104
That's what people thought when I grabbed my sister on her wedding. I didn't wanna look like a beta but then I felt like a degenerate.
>>
>>63265104
americans do
>>
>>63265161
>Felt like a degenerate holding your sister

Dude where the fuck are you from?
>>
>>63264950
I never hover hand and I never got called a pervert, where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>63263975
Doesn't make it good
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.