[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: received_10153679218368197.jpg (41 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
received_10153679218368197.jpg
41 KB, 480x720
I'm in love
>>
She looks crazy as fuck
>>
File: Nobody-cares_317034-8534-1-.jpg (125 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Nobody-cares_317034-8534-1-.jpg
125 KB, 400x400
>>63263619
>>
>>63263619
Fucking meme guitars. I honestly can't take a musician seriously anymore if they use a jag, mustang, jazzmaster ot jagstang. They are the most unreliable tinny sounding guitars and have shitty sustain. Unless you're using it for MBV noisey shoegaze, just play a fucking strat or a tele. They're just used for image purposes at this point.
>>
>>63263637
yeah only someone who's mind is in the absolute gutter would wear something like that
she looks like she's really eager to check someones privilege too
>>
>>63263671
>getting this triggered over a fucking guitar
>>
>>63263671
Alvvays is shoegaze-y
>>
>>63263733
I've just had it with shitty le quirky independant artists using these guitars that are so overpriced due to being associated with alternative to live up to some image. Stratocasters and telecasters are much more stable guitars and they are cheaper second hand than jazzy's and jags. I just don't get it, I've played them, I own a jazzmaster, I've played ones with upgraded bridges, thy just fucking suck for a live performance.
>>
>>63263619
a) love isnt real
b) shes a whore
c) shes psychotic
d) her music isnt that great either
>>
File: db2.gif (618 KB, 263x396) Image search: [Google]
db2.gif
618 KB, 263x396
>>63263854
>>
>>63263671
if you mod a jazzmaster/mustang/jag they can be pretty great, but I'd still use them for mbv or ty segall type stuff. For anything technical I use my strat :^)

Jagstangs on the other hand are just fucking hideous imo, and they sound kinda shitty
>>
File: fuckouttahere.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
fuckouttahere.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>63263854
>>
>>63263760
Judging by the bridge on her guitar, she isn't.
>>
>>63263905
itd be fedora if I got all white knight faglord about it, im just saying it how it is

id still fuck her tho ;^)
>>
File: animals.jpg (199 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
animals.jpg
199 KB, 700x700
>>63263619
IIIII'M IIIIIIIIINN LOOOOOOOOVE
>>
>>63263854
im drunk i thougth that was sky lolol

alvays girl is qt af
>>
>>63263671
I like my mustang :(
>>
>>63263936
I mean have you listened to the album?
>>
I live with her cousin. AMA
>>
>>63263671
>>63263814
Which bridges were used for the upgrades? I can't decide between a mastery and a staytrem and everyones been saying one or the other is better and the others shit so idk what to get
>>
>>63264004
Is it shoegaze? I haven't listened to it in a while but I don't remember thinking it was a shoegaze record. It may have some elements of shoegaze but I wouldn't say it's a shoegaze album.
>>
>>63264028
Do you live with her cousin?
>>
>>63263814
all guitars literally the same thing
did you forget to take your xanax this morning
>>
>>63264028
What is the Rankin family like? I mean they're pretty well known in Canada. At least they were, especially on the east coast obviously. Are they good people or do they have sordid secrets?
>>
>>63263671
Mustangs are fucking mint...faggot.
>>
>>63263965
Are the three words i hope to hear next year
>>
File: 1376853102104.jpg (7 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
1376853102104.jpg
7 KB, 250x214
>>63263671
>>
>>63264056
>all guitars are literally the same

Spoken like a true meme guitar enthusiast.

No, they aren't, both of my strats are stable as fuck and sound magnificent through almost any amp and rarely need any maintenance once they set up properly

Every jazzy/jag etc. Is unstable, sounds thin, has shit sustain, and sounds like it's being amplified through a speaker in a gymnasium, and the intonation past the 10th or 11th fret is a nightmare. The electronics in these guitars are also notoriously bad
>>
>>63264242
ok you hate jags/jazzmasters/mustangs. other people like them.

get over it
>>
>>63264040
Eh they're both good, mastery is a but better but you pay for it. They are just shit guitars in my opinion, if you have to go out of your way to replace something as simple as a fucking bridge after forking out good money for a guitar, you're getting meme'd son. Buy a strat or a tele.
>>
>>63264079
If you go out of your way and buy a really expensive one, yes, otherwise you may aswell buy a fucking squire strat
>>
>>63264043
It's more dream pop with some noisy elements
>>
>>63264272
It's for a warmoth though cus theyre way cheaper than most of the lefties out there. I think theyre pretty good depending on what music you play, like I wanna do a lilys/swirlies type thing so these are perfect for that imo

I already have a strat too and the only thing I'd change is the neck for a japanese or US one
>>
>>63263936
Slowdive used only hardtails, idiot.
>>
>>63264471
American Stratocasters and Telecasters are my fav guitars, they sound brilliant, if you have the money, get the mastery, but it's fairly expensive and you might have to fork out even more to buy those overpriced inserts to fit them to your guitar. Mastery only slides in naturally to americans jazzys and jags.
>>
>>63263671
I actually agree. It doesn't really bother me, but I do feel that most people who play them just play them to try and be different.
>>
Well...this flame war about something I know nothing about has helped me pick what I was listening to for the next half hour. Thanks shit hole internet! You're the best! K bye.
>>
>>63264578
Slowdive also didn't use meme guitars, they bought stable instruments that don't sound thin and tinny in a live setting.
>>
>>63264595
Haven't heard that one before, thanks for the heads up! I googled it and one forum said that you can also sand the holes to make the mastery fit but I think I'm gonna email the mastery guy about it first if I get one. I'd rather play it safe then potentially fuck something up on the body even if it'd cost a little more
>>
>>63264784
If you know a good guitar tech, I would take the risk and just trust him to do the mod himself without the expensive inserts, by the time you buy the mastery, all the accessories to fit it and the guitar tech to put it all together, you may aswell just buy a new guitar. That's why I hate those style of guitars so much, you pay so much money for a mediocre end result.
>>
>>63264932
I know one who used to build guitars on his own, but if thats the case I might just get a staytrem since it's cheaper and it'll be a pain in the ass anyway
>>
>>63265074
If the guy you're giving your guitar to has experience building guitars from scratch himself, he will have no problem fitting a mastery without the inserts. If you're getting a staytrem also be aware of your guitars radius, if you order the wrong one, you're fucked. I'm not sure what radius your particular guitar has.
>>
>>63265198
Yeah I know, I'm using a strat neck so it'd be 9.5

The only problem I'd have with him fitting it is I'd be paying more for the mastery so I could pay more to have that done
>>
>>63265074
Also, I've experimented with success on my guitar to get that shoegazey glide guitar on my strat, what you do is get it set up so the bridge is pretty much flush with the body, it just needs to be elevated slightly so it doesn't actually hit the body, then practice using the trem arm with it, it's a lot more difficult to do than using a jazzy but with a bit of practise you can pretty much get that whole sound with a strat with a simple bridge adjustment and setup from a guitar tech so the strings are nice and low almost touching the frets. Again, this is much more stable than a jazzmaster and jag.
>>
>>63265320
Thanks man I'll try that. I'm still gonna use the jazzmaster though cus I ordered the Warmoth body like two months ago haha
>>
>>63265294
The staytrem also has a bit of problem with strings slipping, the mastery corrects that, but yet again, its so expensive. Good luck with your mods, I gave up on my offset guitar months ago, not worth the trouble, I'm selling it soon.
>>
>>63265370
I'll keep that in mind, I might even go even cheaper and get an parts. Thanks man, hope you get most of your money back if not all of it. I've been wanting a jazzmaster for years so I think it'll be worth it :^)
>>
my friend's band opened for them, met the band
pretty nice people
>>
>>63265591
In my opinion, they are pretty unreliable as I've said in this thread multiple times haha, but if you're willing to put in the time and money you can stabilize them a fair bit, the tremolo system has a great sound, but with it comes a great deal of problems. My main gripe is the lack of warmth to their sound, a bridge replacement doesn't really fix it, nor does it really fix the problems when bending notes and holding the sound. They sound incredibly weak to me for some reason, if you're into that sound then go for it, you already have a strat, but whenever I plug in a jazzy at home, or in a second hand guitar shop (a lot of the time the second hand ones being heavily modded with new bridges pickups etc) The sound lacks fullness, depth and richness, the sound also seems to get lost when playing live with a band due to this, from bands I've seen who use them live. Enjoy and I hope you don't encounter any problems when you finally get it all set up man.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.