[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to save the music industry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 71ScD5gRleL._SL1200_.jpg (197 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
71ScD5gRleL._SL1200_.jpg
197 KB, 1200x1200
>No one is buying records

>Majority is streaming music

>Everyone just listens from youtube or pirates music

How the hell will we save the music industry ?
selling vinyls?

This is kinda scary.

How can it happen so like artists can get profit like pic related ?
>>
>>63255623
Fuck the industry its dying. Labels are the cancer killing music.
>>
nobody is buying records? lol look at Adeles sales on wikipedia.
Who could've said that a record released in the 10's could reach diamond status?
That bullshit about piracy is just a gimmick from labels.
>>
>>63256027
But how will w save it?

>>63256033
But it's only adele
>>
>>63255623
Mate!? Check your facts... Vinyls sell more now than in few last decades! Fucking cunt.
>>
>>63255623
And how do we save it?! Hmm.. I don't know...
Oh!
I might know...!
MAYBE BY FUCKING BUYING FUCKING VINYLS... OH MY FUCKING GOD...
>>
I buy CDs all the time, I just like them.
>>
>>63256103
>>63256141
I wasn't disrespecting vinyls,

I was just asking the question in a serious manner, as in maybe promoting vinyls would be more efficient in helping the industry.
>>
>>63255623
>>63256103
>>63256141

>vinyls
>>
>>63256200
Then what do YOU like instead then?
>>
>>63256249
he's trying to tell you that saying "vinyls" is incorrect. The proper plural is just "vinyl"
>>
>>63257059
It's not plural, it's a collective noun.
>>
Well are we all gonna just act like the fucking music industry is going to shit? how do we get everyone to get it to go back to normal?!
>>
Vinyl is still a niche, CDs recently became one too.

Unlike what most people say, there's nothing wrong with buying in digital download format, if you don't mind not getting the physical thing. Support your artists whenever you can
>>
>>63255623
If you're arguing for a plan under which musicians can profit highly, you might want to suggest, Celine Dion or some shit instead. The only money of Kurt's he enjoyed went up his arms.
>>
File: 1457141378869.jpg (16 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1457141378869.jpg
16 KB, 450x450
>>63258055
>mfw steven tyler said he easily spent 6 million on cocaine
>>
>>63257144
a collective noun implies plural
>>
>>63257992
>Support your artists whenever you can
but they're usually ass hats.

can't they get a part time job to fund their endeavours instead of leaching off other people ?
>>
>>63257622
The industry is shit. Big labels deserve to die if they can't bail themselves out.

Also this
>>63258055
Cobain got paid poorly considering album sales, and it wasn't going anywhere worthwhile.
>>
>>63255623

>selling vinyls

Wait, what? Why would selling a niche product save an entire industry?

The "music industry" will need to get by on shows, like it's been doing for a long time now. Album sales are supplemental income. But that makes sense anyway, you can't spent a month or two putting together ~45 minutes of entertainment and expect the sales of that to keep you afloat for the next year or so, it's just unrealistic. It's almost amazing they managed to get as far as they did in the internet age and with the price of a quality production dropping lower and lower each year the big name artists have increasingly less to offer consumers over the no-name bedroom artists uploading hours of free music. The live shows are their one remaining advantage and that will have to continue to be their lifeline since there's really no way to turn back the clock on anything else.
>>
>>63259244
Well that and pretty much merch and shit
>>
>>63259234
>cobain got paid poorly

Then how the hell did he make all his money?
>>
Bump coz it's an interesting thread
>>
>>63259653
posthumously
>>
Well putting everything aside, spotify and several music streaming websites don't pay the musicians enough.

And physical sales could probably be a trend for a little while but there has to be something that can last a good while so that more musicians can create more music properly.

All in all I think we are doomed if this is the way it all comes out to be.
>>
western physical album releases are garbage
>>
>>63259177
can't you make your own music instead of leeching off others'?
>>63256048
>how will we save it
if we dont, only the major labels will die - all the good music stays. there really isn't an issue
>>
>>63255623
I think mainstream music will survive via streaming and jazz/classical music will keep going down because of declining cd sales and concert profits.

HERE'S WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING
I think the underground scene will have to adapt by merging various pre-existing concepts/platforms into a single one:
-Patreon/Bandcamp/Kickstarter business model (donate X monthly/pay X or more/crowdfunding)
-RYM/DISCOG/TOPSTERS: cataloguing, chart/list creation and sharing, rating
-what.cd/piratebay/grooveshark: P2P download and streaming (with control my moderators)
-4chan/reddit: music discussion
Other things to consider: collectibles, concert streaming platform, achievements, whatever...
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.