[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concerts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: wojak-confused.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wojak-confused.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
I don't get what's so great about them. I've been to a range of concerts (underground and mainstream) at all kinds of venues, and I've never had fun. And I liked the records of every band I saw, but live... I don't get it.
>>
you don't like concerts, that's okay.
>>
>>63255621
I kinda feel the same way. People at concerts annoy the fuck outta me. I also hate seeing bands perform their music because it kinda destroys any mysticism about their work.

>tfw my favorite band will never perform life
feels good man
>>
>>63255688
what band is that?
>>
>>63255786
leviathan :^)
>>
>>63255869
which one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan_(musical_project)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan_(punk_band)
>>
there's an excitement to just see the artists in person when they first come on stage. Also, it's about sharing the energy with the whole crowd (if the crowd is good) and the surprises of which songs they play and how they translate to a live performance. And I like to try to figure out what gear they use and how they use it
>>
>>63255926
black metal (musical project) one
>>
when im at a concert i always go to the very front so i can hear it before everyone else
>>
go to a classical concert
>>
since we're talking concerts, is Sunn 0)))) worth driving 4 hours to see (in St.Louis)?
>>
>>63256165
God-tier answer
>>
>>63255621
just going by the way you're talking things and the image you used I'm assuming you have not actually been to a "range of """concerts"""" but rather a few really shitty ass lame big venue acts

and ffs reddit they are called SHOWS
>>
>>63257291
useless reddit post
>>
>>63255621
>>63255688

I feel the same way. I'm always a little disappointed to see my favorite bands live. Takes the mystery out of it. That said, if a group I love comes near me, I like to support them.

I get most hyped for metal concerts (even shitty ones), because I can just go nuts and forget about how it sounds.
>>
>>63256883
Nice. I just discovered Scar Sighted, and I'm loving it.
What else should I listen to from them?
>>
>>63258134
>them
you mean him

scar sighted is my favorite by him, but Verrater, A Silhouette in Splinters, Massive Conspiracy, and the fucking beast of an album Tentacles of Whorror are all great (although all his albums are goat). Also dont ignore his splits. The Crebain split has some amazing shit on it
>>
>>63259389
Thanks. I'll check this stuff out. When I listen to Scar Sighted, it's hard to get it into my head that it's just one guy behind it all. He's brilliant.
>>
>>63256165
> it's about sharing the energy with the whole crowd (if the crowd is good)

kek
>>
>>63259650
He really is. Watch the documentary One Man Metal from Vice.com/youtube. He's in it and discusses his craft. Very personal. Xasthur and Striborg are also in it. It's a VERY powerful film.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.