[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is J. Cole such shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 539x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 539x504
why is J. Cole such shit?
>>
can someone explain to me how j cole got popular

he just seems incredibly average and doesn't really do anything innovative or good from my experience from listening to him

i've yet to see anything better than like a 6/10 from this guy and it still boggles my mind he is so huge.
>>
he doesn't. If you think J cole sucks you haven't listened to 2014 FHD
>>
>>63254828
you got me, i haven't listened to it.
But how much better can it be than everything else he has ever done?
>>
MY MAMA
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH
>>
>>63254848
It's has slightly better production but that's about it
>>
>>63254828
i have listened to it

he's not garbage but he is so fucking uninteresting and dull, he is in that group of rappers i will never understand that got popular. hell they are most likely fucking industry plants

>logic
>g eazy
>post malone
>lil dicky
>j cole

fuck all of them and their retarded fanbases
>>
File: J.-Cole.png (554 KB, 678x381) Image search: [Google]
J.-Cole.png
554 KB, 678x381
You're deluded OP J Cole is a real MC he spits that real SHIT.

Literally. Check it this real shit that's come out of J Cole's mouth.

>They say I'm like the human body, I produce my own shit
>These niggas thinking they the shit and they ain't even farted yet
>I be shitting on niggas and my dough be farting
>Nigga eat a dick we the shit no flushing
>I potty train niggas, yeah I teach you how to shit
>You the shit only because I digested you niggas
>I let you feel like you the shit, but boy you can't out-fart me
>She put up with this shit like she work at the zoo, true
>Shitting on niggas like a nigga was still a baby
>This the big shit popping you gonna need a plunger
>I'm the shit, I pass gas when I feel
>You wanna know how I know I'm the shit? Because I keep clogging up the toilet
>I'm on that shit as if I was the flies
>I'm the shit you the stools
>I'm the shit you the shit stains

He has tons of this shit.
>>
>>63254919
>logic
>g eazy
>post malone
>lil dicky
Here's the thing, I don't know who any of those fuckers are because their music probably sucks. But I know who J Cole is, and love his new music.
>>63254907
It has better lyrics and obviously has more work put into it.
>>
>>63254821
first artist signed to roc nation
he stalked jay-z for months begging for a deal
>>
>>63254821
he was hyped up back in like 2008 when he got signed to the roc. he actually dropped a couple hot songs back then but since then he hasnt put out anything noteworthy
>>
both are shit but J Cole is slightly better

>Barter 6
4.5/10
>SS1
4/10
>SS2
didn't listen

>Born Sinner
5/10
>2014 FHD
5.5/10
>>
>>63254848
It's much better and much less of a snoozefest.

It's a good album. Nowhere near as good as it's hyped up to be but it has some enjoyable tracks.
>>
>>63254821
Personally I think it was because he dropped an album during the whole "black enrichment: thing.
I don't think anyone even cared about him before Forest Hill Drive, but after that suddenly he's being compared to Kendrick and is being put in top 10 list...
>>
>>63255043
why is this spic using the n word?
>>
>>63255043
>shaves and sculps his mustache fine
>eyebrows are fucking out of this world
>>
>>63254828
FHD was a good listen through the first time, but after that its a fucking chore and boring af. The only good songs are A tale of 2 cities and apparantley (kind of). Hes got potential though. Im also not a kendrick dick rider so you throw that speculation away. Id say they are both on par.
>>
>>63254821
people were saying he was the new Nas
and when he signed to Roc
I honestly think his early stuff is some good shit, The Come Up, The Warm Up and Friday Night Lights to be specific
Everything else was and is meh
>>
>>63254624
>rhyming "people" with "people"
>five times in a row
Yeah, no better than the other guy
>>
>>63256649
Its an epiphora, the word People is repeated at the end of the rows to shift the focus on the message he wants to leave.
He does everything for his people, Thugga is the people's champion.
>>
>>63256894
>young thug
>message
>>
J Cole is from my hometown, which is a giant shit hole. I live about 4 hrs away now, but most of my friends seems to love him and I don't know why. He's put out some good songs, but he's incredibly mediocre in otherwise and FHD was VERY average.

Plus, he acts like Fayettville, NC is some kind of hood. Sure, there's a lot of crime, but that can be said about any city with a ton of low income black people. It's nothing like Chicago, Detroit, Philly, New York, ect. It's just a small shit town city with a military base and a bunch of poor to medium income families. Nigga didn't grow up hard so stop rapping about it.
>>
you need to be on a certain intelligence level to vibe with him

get woke
>>
>>63257140
>get woke
thats how I know youre retarded
>>
>>63257097
You are easy to give up on actual genious music.
Thugger seems basic on his lyrics, but that can be said on every rapper. Listen better.
>>
>>63254907
Still just aged, sample-based beats. He's lucky to have come up when Kanye decided to become a European.
>>63254919
>hating Lil Dicky
>>>/pol/
>>63256649
Inside rhyme scheme doesn't exist, or at least it's hackneyed bullshit, right?
>>
ITT: J Snooze stans
If you are going to praise him so much, at least cite some songs or specific reasons he's good beyond "lyrics" and "vibe"
>>
>>63257140
the intelligence level is an iQ of 60 or below
>>
>>63257211
>liking Lil Dicky
>>
>>63254821
mediocrity is always popular. Look at adele.
>>
>>63255043
>>I let you feel like you the shit, but boy you can't out-fart me
I still remember the first time I heard this line, pure gold.
>>63254919
>he's not garbage but he is so fucking uninteresting and dull, he is in that group of rappers i will never understand that got popular.
Completely agree with this. I really don't get exactly what's supposed to stand out to him.
>>63256569
The Warm Up is his best work imo. I know FNL is the one that most people like to point to though. I do remember back around the turn of the decade when he was getting hyped up like crazy, but I think that's more because everyone was getting so tired of the popular rap that anybody half decent that had pop appeal was supposed to be "the next big thing."
>>63257211
There isn't even really an internal rhyme scheme going on there outside of ready to die and multiply.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.