[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will OP learn next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1.jpg (90 KB, 400x1049) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90 KB, 400x1049
Lost my passion for playing guitar. Most of the music is just too easy to play. No satisfaction after learning a song in a day, decided to try and play classical music on it and it just doesn't fit the bill. Moonlight sonata, the Bach cello suites, Four Seasons, the generics that typically sound refreshing no matter how many times played failed to incite emotional response on my guitars.

Decided to pick up a classical string instrument, or maybe something /mu/ recommends.

Currently holding $2,500 to buy said instrument/related accessories. I'm eyeing a nice Cello, Bow, Hard Case and accessories right now.

Any recommendations? The Cello is well built. spruce top, maple back and sides, ebony fingerboard, ebony fittings, Composite tailpiece with built in tuners (basically higher end plastic) carbon fiber end pin. Beautiful varnish. Was considering a composite bow but I think I'll stick to classic Brazil wood. Resin and extra hairs as a backup, I think I'll get the composite as a backup.
>>
Learning a string instrument is a miserable experience without a private tutor.
>>
File: 2.jpg (114 KB, 1230x525) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
114 KB, 1230x525
>>63252237
I have a private tutor in the local area. $60 a session for 12 weeks. Degree's from local Universities, teaches music classes as a day time job to K-12 students. Looking forward to it, she's really nice.

>tfw no carbon fiber cello that costs $7,000
>>
I play 'cello and I definitely recommend it, either that or the viola. I'm learning the harp at the moment and the world is always short on harpists so if you have room for one, go down that path.
>>
Idiophones
Membranophones
Chordophones
Aerophones

Doubles pick the choice
>>
File: 3.jpg (10 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
10 KB, 480x480
>>63252326
Sounds interesting, thanks anon. Any advice to a beginner? I can read music, am familiar with theory.

Harp sounds like a different beast but exciting nonetheless. I'll look into it but I'm definitely leaning to Cello right now.

>>63252440
Hey now if I wanted some random /a/tier shitposter to force me to learn an instrument I've never heard of I'd post on /v/ or /b/.
>>
File: HL_DDS_0000000000370141.png (11 KB, 522x696) Image search: [Google]
HL_DDS_0000000000370141.png
11 KB, 522x696
>>
I play cello, and it's definitely the most user friendly of the strings.
I'd recommend it. A hard case isn't absolutely necessary, so if you can get a cheaper case and a nicer cello, i'd go for that.
>>
>>63252470
>Hey now if I wanted some random /a/tier shitposter to force me to learn an instrument I've never heard of I'd post on /v/ or /b/.

it was just a joke, and those are the 4 types of instruments, not actuall instruments per se
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_instruments_by_Hornbostel-Sachs_number

>INB4 "I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED"
>>
>>63252214
i play the sax and its very satisfying
>>
>>63252214
id recommend getting out of string instruments all together and learning trumpet, saxaphone, rtc
>>
File: 4.jpg (333 KB, 1500x1227) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
333 KB, 1500x1227
>>63252517
I got the joke anon hence my insulting of /a/, /v/, and /b/.

>>63252503
Got it, thanks.

>>63252527
>>63252535
Any particular reason you find it satisfying? Does it just feel good?
>>
>tfw want to learn the recorder

Why are there so many options? German, Baroque, Renaissance, Alto, Soprano, Tenor...

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

which one do i buy?
>>
>>63252600
forgot C and F
jesus christ
>>
>>63252600
Aren't you supposed to buy them all? Isn't that why they're so cheap compared to other instruments?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.