[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we just spend a while talking about this please?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: soundtracks_grande.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
soundtracks_grande.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
Can we just spend a while talking about this please?
>>
its boring
>>
it's pretty great. the soundscapes here are like nothing else, and it contains some of Gira's best lyricism.
favorite track?
>>
I enjoy i was a prisoner in your skull a lot, because every time i listen to it it brings up some shivers. i think its a really 'creepy' track to listen to.

However, Red Hypogirl and I Love You this much are also pretty good.

One of those that requires a start to finish in my opinion...
>>
easily one of my favourite albums of all time
it veers from being soul-crushingly depressing to uplifting to disturbing to breathtakingly beautiful to charged with violent and sexual energies and it's just generally such a powerfully all-encompassing piece of music that it's virtually incomparable to any other post-rock record or indeed rock album in general as far as i'm concerned, and the constant underlying themes and moods of mad, disjointed schizophrenia mean that even as it wildly shifts between tones it never really loses its thematic consistency

>>63250700
helpless child is my favourite track of all time in general
so that
>>
ugh... can we please not talk about Gira anymore after his "awkward mistake"
>>
How have you not talked about this album enough? Does anybody else find it strange how people constantly post new threads about the same old albums and musicians even though everything had already been said?
>>
>>63251043
desu SFTB is maybe the least discussed /mu/core album of them all
>>
>>63250696
lol ok now give some actual criticism

>>63251001
>violent sexual energies
L O L
O
L

>>63251043
it's really hardly discussed, really the only time this board has talked about swans in excess was during the height of the larkin thing. i mean other than when this released, the board stays pretty quiet on something considered essential
and it definitely is essential
>>
>>63250663
Volcano has literally made me physically ill.
Not in a bad way but because of how disjointed and off it sounded.
>>
>>63250663
The album is fitting for me right now, since I wish I was blind so I didn't have to see this thread in the catalog
>>
>put your toast in the toaster
>toast
>you put break in a toaster, not bread
>album ruined
>>
A little too long but some good ass songs on their. Volcano is great fuck the haters.
>>
>>63251133
i don't understand why that's funny
>>
File: lady ride.jpg (14 KB, 341x289) Image search: [Google]
lady ride.jpg
14 KB, 341x289
>>63251198
>not realizing it's an intentional implication that the guy is stuck in a loop
look at this pleb here
>>
It's not something I'd listen to in the car. It's more like, stories with each song having their own.
Like the song volcano. It has a typical dance beat with the odd and eerie distortions here and there but the music plays a big part of the story.
>>
I need to listen to this album again. I absolutely loved I Was a Prisoner in Your Skull,Helpless Child, The Sound, and Empathy
>>
Its good if a tad pretentious
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.