[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /mu/ I`m a newfag to this board teach me everything i have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: gasculita.jpg (40 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
gasculita.jpg
40 KB, 600x800
Hello /mu/
I`m a newfag to this board
teach me everything i have to know not to be a newfag
>>
>>63250427
Always post kendrick lamar
>>
File: cute anime pic 0590.jpg (98 KB, 1028x978) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0590.jpg
98 KB, 1028x978
You'll always be a newfag.

Do you like anime?
>>
>>63250480
nah
>>
File: cute anime pic 0123.jpg (17 KB, 396x407) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0123.jpg
17 KB, 396x407
>>63250511
Oh, well what about rock music?
>>
>>63250568
ye
especially metal and alternative
but i listen to all kind of stuff
>>
Music is subjective, /mu/ thinks it's objective.

/Daily/, Chart, collage threads are the best for recs.
Pleb and Patrician are terms used to objectively view someone's music taste.
Pleb being someone who likes "surface level" or "entry-level" musical material, however it mostly comes down to "Popular music is pleb" Sort of mentality.
Patrician is the term used for someone who has a very obscure and eclectic music taste. "Obscure" being sub level genres, bands. (Noise, EAI, Free Improvisation) However don't fall for this crap, patricians are usually people who have gone out of their way to like "Woahhh weird and wackky music" For the sake of boosting their egos on a pakistanni curry imageboard.

Let's discuss charts.
Charts are a primary way to convey your entire music taste, usually being top 50 or top 100 albums. However, there is also "essential" charts which can be found in the sticky, these are usually pretty objective perspectives on genres, Listing what whomever the creator of the chart being is the best albums to get you into a genre. Use them.
>>
>>63250620
gotcha
>>
>>63250613
don't mind him, he's the """le "guitar music" is bad""" weebposter.
>>
>>63250652
not really familiar with those
>>
>>63250620
This basically
>>
File: 1456357105992.png (234 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1456357105992.png
234 KB, 853x480
>>63250613
What a great addition you'll to this board. We have 2 alternative rock generals one is /emoe/ and the other is /shugazi/.

Emo is focused on emo rock but really they just throw the label at any sad indie rock release. They also have an anime themed general so It's not for everyone. It's also the worst general on the board full of elitist newfags (lol).

/shugazi/ is an alternative rock general for the discussion of the rock style shoegaze. It's a very popular genre among hipsters and bicurios people as well as women and effeminate men in general. Shoegaze is a style of alternative rock from the British Isles that uses heavily distorted guitars to drown out most sounds and create a textural composition. The best part is that sounds hasn't evolved ok n over two decades so if you like that you'll like it all. Because it all sounds the same.

There's /metal/ general. Not much to say about it other than its for retarded people.

Isn't it great? Each new general is like a subreddit!
>>
always be aware of what Pitchfork names BNM
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.