[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JEWEL CASES OR DIGIPACKS BOYS? THE AGE OLD QUESTION.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 245x206
JEWEL CASES OR DIGIPACKS BOYS?

THE AGE OLD QUESTION.
>>
>>63249749
Digipak
>>
I want to be able to break it if i dont like it.
>>
anything but digipak is incorrect
>>
>>63249749
I never enjoy it when I go CD shopping, sift through the used section and find a cool digipak that happens to be damaged. You can't replace those. Meanwhile, I have stacks of empty jewelcases readily available in case I find a cool CD in a jewelcase that happens to be damaged or cracked.

Digipaks can have some nice inside art though, I'll give them that.
>>
>>63249800
Makes sense. I just always thought that Digipacks took nicer in general.
>>
Jewel cases because you can replace them if they're damaged or have a sticker on them. With digipaks if there's a sticker on the front you risk tearing the cover art getting it off

Also jewel cases are much easier to stack.
>>
I just buy blank CD's at the dollar store and use the YouTube Mp3 converter to convert all my favorite songs into a playlist, and then I put a blank CD in my laptop and then turn the playlist into a burnlist and then I make the CD. Can't go wrong with that top-notch YouTube sound.
>>
>>63249840
This, I find the trap-influenced beats sound better when I do this
>>
>>63249749
Jewel cases, uglier but more practical
>>
clear jewel case > digipack > solid jewel case
>>
>>63249924
what the heck is a solid jewel case?
>>
File: 2015-12-19_00001.jpg (184 KB, 668x668) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-19_00001.jpg
184 KB, 668x668
>it comes without a booklet
>>
>>63249840

most disgusting post on /mu/ and i'm pretty sure it's bait too
>>
>>63249899
really brings out the rattling hi hats.
>>
>>63250128
can't forget the watery synths
>>
jewel cases without a doubt

digipaks look nicer but are nowhere near as durable and often vary in size and look like shit on a shelf because of it
>>
what about thgose massive things they used to sell in america

whats the name of those things they were so fucking retarded

hard to believe an entire country of people who wouldnt buy a cd unless it came in a big cardboard box
>>
>>63249835
Jesus, I got this used and there was a sticker right iver the lcd soundsystem, the material was like paper so it ripped a bunch off. Would be too bad if it was anywhere but that part, I was thinking about writing it back in with sharpie what do you think
>>
Digipacks are better but I hate the way they look when they are with all my other CDs that are jewel cases
>>
>>63250023
Not even bait lol its a joke
>>
I like digipaks, jewel cases look cheap to me. My digipaks don't look too worn either.

>>63249954
See OP's pic: jewel cases with solid black trays instead of clear ones.

Entirely non-transparent jewel cases exist too, with artwork directly printed on them, but they're rather rare.

>>63250290
Longboxes? They had a purpose, it was when record stores carried mostly vinyl records and only a few CDs. They made longboxes so you could see the CDs in the vinyl crates.

Unless you're talking about laserdiscs?
>>
File: lcdss634.jpg (83 KB, 634x634) Image search: [Google]
lcdss634.jpg
83 KB, 634x634
>>63250521
Oops here's the pic
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.