[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting to listen to Tool - Laterlus right now. i haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: R-367251-1175935223.jpeg.jpg (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
R-367251-1175935223.jpeg.jpg
52 KB, 600x600
Starting to listen to Tool - Laterlus right now. i haven't heard it in ages, and i feel like giving it another chance right now.

I remember it being okay-tier.
>>
>>63246785
And by okay-tier i mean "it wasn't downright bad but nothing special"
>>
The vocal performance is really really not visceral enough
>>
Schism is actually a really good song. the vocals are still pretty mediocre though. this band would have benefited alot from a more visceral vocalist
>>
>>63246785
>>63246795
>>63246816
>>63247012
Nice blog faggot
>>
>>63247029
Discuss the album please
>>
I was obsessed with Tool in high school, listened to them so much that now, years later, they still sound boring and I can't give them an honest evaluation (I keep telling myself that they can't actually be as boring as they sound to me now).

Doesn't change the fact that the drumming on Lateralus is god-tier.
>>
>>63247076
I'm at Ticks And Leeches right now, i get what you mean about the drumming, but for some reason i dont really feel the drums enough. something about either the production or performance make the sound coming of as somewhat sterile.
>>
>>63247158
What is wrong with you?
If you didn't come here to discuss music don't come to /mu/
>>
Disposition was nice
I'm right now at Reflection, i like the rhythm of it so far
>>
>>63247155
listen to 10,000 days next
>>
>>63246816
Maynard was a great singer in the early 2000's.
>>
>>63247348
Maybe i will give it a listen later but i do not promise. if ill listen to it, it will probably not be today.
>>
>>63247364
The production on 10,000 days is much different. You'll probably like it more.
>>
>>63247380
I made a new response there >>63247378
I will maybe give it a try later ~

Thanks for recommending it to me
>>
>>63247305
Two of my favorite tracks on the album, desu. Reflection is so peaceful.
>>
Now that the album is over, overall, i rate this album between 6/10 to 7/10. that's how i feel about it right now.

It had some good moments that i enjoyed, but a performance that is not visceral enough - particularly the vocal performance, hold it back. also, some parts were pretty forgettable.
>>
>>63247012
I really like Schism too but I haven't gotten into Tool properly as of yet
>>
Tool is a hugely overrated band. It's just your generic "hey guys i can play in not 4/4 tiem signatuers lol" band that edgy teenagers love.
>>
>>63248638
>>63248638
my co-worker says tool is music for smart people
>>
>>63248638
I dunno, some of their stuff reminds me positively of King Crimson
>>
>>63248654
You have a pretty shitty job anon.
>>
The only track I really liked was Reflection
>>
>>63248638
lolsoironic strawmen and muh teens won't devaluate a band
>generic
idk dude, i could never find anything similar enough to them, especially not anything that precedes them, and god knows i tried, at the time at least
>>
>>63246785
Whats up cuckyaga
>>
>>63247076
The drumming is the best thing about tool IMO.
>>
so is crazyaga just an elbaorate ironic personality or is this guy seriously some underage kid using a mongolian knitting circle site as his personal rym page?
>>
I got into Tool in college for bit. I was stoked to have finally gotten a hold of a few albums and that I was enjoying them. However, as time as gone on, they have never meant much to me. They peaked really quick as far as how I thought of them. And now, I find their shit to be boring and not relistenable. I stick with Nine Inch Nails for layers and emotional heart pouring. Tool is a joke. and i cannot believe that they still have such an adamant following even after the fact that their last album was released 10 years ago. what a bunch of jokers.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.