[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of The Dillinger Escape Plan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
What does /mu/ think of The Dillinger Escape Plan?
>>
never heard them
>>
File: Irony_Is_a_Dead_Scene.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Irony_Is_a_Dead_Scene.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
probably the best mathcore/ post-hardcore band out. Love the album they did with Mike Patton, its fantastic. I also saw them last time they were in Melbourne - great show, so much energy
>>
>>63246524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeBFEanVsp4
One of the first mathcore bands. They're a bit of a mix of avant-garde, alternative, and scatty progressive metal. Basically Faith No More on crack.
>>
>>63246498
They're one of the three bands in the Holy Mathcore Trinity so yeah, they're fucking awesome
>>
>>63246574
What would the other two in the Trinity be?
Converge and Botch?
>>
Probably the best live band I've seen. I like them a lot, despite having not yet listened to a lot of their middle period stuff. Super influential on the high pitched dissonant breakdown obsessed later mathcore bands.
>>
>>63246573

oo chaotic
>>
File: Oddsensescoverart.jpg (42 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Oddsensescoverart.jpg
42 KB, 200x200
>>63246617
>>63246574
>>63246552
OP here. Thoughts on Psyopus?
>>
>>63246636
Psyopus is my favorite "mathcore" band. (As a side note, Arpmandude
Also used "avant-grind" to describe his music in his tab book, which I like as a descriptor)
This right here is the only thing I've heard that rivals our puzzling encounters considered in its specific emotion, to me. I actually recommended psyopus to someone earlier on here.
https://i-am-cats.bandcamp.com/album/color-intermediate
>>
>>63246587
Exactly on point
>>63246636
Good shit
>>
Calculating Infinity is da shit. It's their best album, angry, but jazzy at the same time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLkl9f1psOc
Extremely overlooked mathcore
>>
>>63246636
Not a fan desu. I feel like the aggression Psyopus brings is kind of hamfisted.
>>
File: Capture174.png (6 KB, 44x47) Image search: [Google]
Capture174.png
6 KB, 44x47
>>63246771
Understandable. They scratch a sort of ear-bleeding guitar wankery itch for me rather than the aggression I go to Dillinger for.
>>
>>63246498
GG Allin rubbed shit on himself first
>>
>>63246759
Every Time I Die was "Hot Topic popular" like 5 years ago. I'm just saying that in case you didn't know, not to try to discredit them. I bought the first BTBAM parallax EP at hot topic. No shame (is what I'll keep telling myself).
>>63246771
Psyopus doesn't make me feel aggressive, or "agressed upon" (^_~~~~]]]]#££€) It's more of an uncomfortable, tense anxiety and catharsis. Their music has a lot of very quick tension-and-releases that I really love, that I think are easy to miss, but I really think they're an important element to what they do. I'd compare listening to psyopus to being covered in mosquito bites while you're trying to work, but you keep having to scratch yourself, and you get more and more pissed and eventually end up breaking the bites and covered in blood.
And it's also just incredible entertaining and eventful music without falling into the trap of becoming a mesh of low register burble like a lot of tech death.
>>
>>63246865
I meant "incredibly". I should note that I only ever listen to our puzzling encounters considered though, after I listened to their albums and judged that one to be the best.
>>
>>63246498
/mu/ thinks you need to be 18 to post op
>>
>>63246723
its not their best i don't think you've listened to their later stuff
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.