[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of us here are failed musicians? Me, I should have at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
How many of us here are failed musicians?
Me, I should have at put more practice in the guitar, and piano. I regret it years later.
>>
What are you waiting for anon, no time like the present
>>
>>63244554
im 26
>>
> implying there aren't artists that didn't make it until well into their 30s
>>
>>63244617
Most in bands do, those that don't usually don't hang around long anyway
>>
File: ahwt-cover.jpg (115 KB, 1024x914) Image search: [Google]
ahwt-cover.jpg
115 KB, 1024x914
Released when John Darnielle was 34.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6IrmULLV0M

One of his most famous songs.
D-G-A repeat.
I-IV-V
>>
File: BcRY-8SCIAAlBUl.jpg (50 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
BcRY-8SCIAAlBUl.jpg
50 KB, 600x450
Isnt Mc Ride in his late 30s?
>>
>>63244701
Lol at being an "Artist" and "Rapper" well into his 30s without any success whatsoever. Dude was so lucky to eventually make it
>>
>>63244602
Oh wow buddy, you're practically a walking corpse! Absolutely zero time left to learn an instrument and be creative. Bummer.
>>
>>63244763
>Dude was so lucky to eventually make it

Maybe "hardworking" might be a better word?

A good poet will make more bad poetry than a bad poet ever will.
>>
>>63244602
So you dont actually want to be a musician, you want to be a star. Now go wear a dress and be that star, baby
>>
>>63244684
Just goes to show that intricate and technical musicianship is far from necessary to be successful. I saw John on Feb 24th in Tallahasse, the first show of his latest tour. He was by himself, and only played like 10 songs in 70 minutes or so. His guitar playing was sloppy and rudimentary. But I swear to god, that man has more soul and emotion behind his music than anyone I've ever heard or seen. He's an incredible musician and artist, but far from anything even remotely considering a virtuoso.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.