[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: post top 10 get recs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: chia.jpg (290 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
chia.jpg
290 KB, 1500x1500
>Black Eyed Peas
>Onerepublic
>Young Thug
>Drake
>The Weeknd
>Zayn Malik
>Matchbox 20
>Brad Paisley
>Justin Bieber
>Adele
>>
File: 1454392732175.gif (193 KB, 323x221) Image search: [Google]
1454392732175.gif
193 KB, 323x221
>>63244446
The bait's so bright I gotta wear shades
>>
Partican taste
>>
>>63244462
>not liking pop
Literally kill yourself. I bet you're some bitter autist who doesn't leave the house. I listen to Pere Ubu, DEVO, The Residents, Sun City Girls, Sun Ra, Boredoms, Fishmans, Whitehouse, and also appreciate the merit of top 40 pop. Open your mind to new music you automatically disregarded as "bad", and you'll find there are some gems and there's a reason why the majority of the populace enjoys it.
>>
File: really.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>63244536
Who said anything about not liking pop my man?
Nice implications faggot.
But having only pop as your favorites?
And the crap that is in OP's post no less?

Most of them have at least one good song sure, but are you seriously going to tell me as a whole the Black Eyed Peas have any legitimate musical merit?
Get outta here you shmuck.
If you're going to listen to pop you could at least listen to the good stuff.
>>
Stevie Nicks
Fleetwood Mac
Doves
Lady Gaga
Porcupine Tree
Madonna
Pink Floyd
Cher
Taylor Swift
f(x)

>>63244689
what's good pop to you?
>>
>>63244748
T B H you just posted some pretty good stuff. (Of course not all of which is pop).
Not a big fan of Taylor Swift but eh. There's worse out there.

I'd put forth stuff like Kishi Bashi (Who incorporates pop with Baroque-esque styling and even some prog influence). Daft Punk, specifically RAM,, which is admittedly a throwback to older styles of "pop" (disco, funk, etc) but its still largely radio friendly whilst being very very good.
In terms of more generic straight forward pop, I'd also propose St. Lucia.
When the Night is a fucking great album that is a perfect border between 80's nostalgia and modern synth pop.

If I could be allowed to bring in older examples, I'd reference Rumours (Fleetwood Mac) as being a damn near perfect pop album, with noticeable folk and rock influences, but at its core being a pop record.
>>
>>63244689
BEPs first two albums were alright if not great

>>63244446
Try Bilal
>>
>>63244536
Taking the bait and i agree with you a little
>>
Animal Collective
The Smiths
The Novembers
Mariko Goto
Boards of Canada
Bôa
Emancipator
Nujabes
Gorillaz
Sufjan Stevens
>>
>Aesop Rock
>Atmosphere/Slug
>Daft Punk
>Death Grips
>The Doors
>Ghost
>Gorillaz
>Slipknot (S/T - Vol. 3)
>Tobacco
>Twenty One Pilots
>>
Radiohead
GY!BE
Swans
Sigur Rós
Pink Floyd
MBV
Tool
Nirvana
Carcrashlander
Porcupine Tree
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.