[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soulja Boy's 25 Favorite Albums Of All Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1
File: g6izlyz8h45umlhhjlou.jpg (72 KB, 605x400) Image search: [Google]
g6izlyz8h45umlhhjlou.jpg
72 KB, 605x400
Thoughts on his top 25?
http://www.complex.com/music/2010/11/soulja-boys-25-favorite-albums-of-all-time/
>>
>>63243676
Anyone who listens to basically one genre exclusively has bad taste. No questions asked.
Plus he has shit taste in hip hop.
>>
>>63243871
agree

i listen anything from pop, to black metal, to experimental hip-hop
>>
>>63243676
It got worse and worse
>>
>>63243884
Same here I go from Slipknot to Killswitch Engage, System of a Down and Frank Sinatra.
>>
>>63243908
This guy knows whats up

I go from Alien Ant Farm to Lou Bega, Smash Mouth, the list goes on...
>>
>>63243871
>Anyone who listens to basically one genre exclusively has bad taste.
Not at all. There are people who are just tired of looking out because they found what they like so they stick to it. Also, there are people who just becamse experts on the genres they were focused on and that's not pleb at all.

I rather be an expert in one genre than entry level in all genres.
>>
gotta respect him for 6 kiss, crime mob, and d4l but some of these choices are trash
>>
Holy fuck he's got shit taste which isn't surprising
>>
As expected this faggot has shit tastes
>>
>>63243871
>>63243892
>>63244217
>>63244339
Can you guys saying he has shit taste post your lists of 25 hip hop albums of all time?

I don't know a lot about the genre and want to branch out
>>
>>63243908
In a matter of seconds
>>
>>63244417
Ill listal as many as I can, in no order.

Bone Thugs N Harmony - Creepin On Ah Come Up and E. 1999 Eternal
Big L - Lifestyles ov da poor and dangerous
B.G. Knocc out & Gangsta Dresta - Real Brothas
Nas - Illmatic and It was written
Wu Tang clan - Enter the 36 Chambers
Notorious BIG - Ready to Die
2pac - 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly ffor my Niggaz
Gza - Liquid Swords
Raekwon - Only built 4 cuban linx
Aceyalone - A book of Human Language
Del the funky Homosapian - No need for alarm
Souls of mischief - 93 til infinity
Mobb Deep - The Infamous
Jeru the Damaja - Wrath of the Math
Shyheim - Aka the Rugged Child
Mob Style - The good, The Bad, The Ugly
Eazy E - Str8 off the muthaphukkin streets of compton
Gangsta Pat - Deadly Verses
Cypress Hill - Temples of boob
Goodie Mob - Soul Food
K-Rino - Danger Zone
Beastie Boys - Pauls Boutique
AZ - Streetwise
Organized Konfusion - Stress
Illegal - The untold truth
Knuckleheadz - Strictly Savages
Mic Geronimo - The Natural
Comptons Most Wanted - Music to driveby
Public Enemy - Apocalypse 91
Jamal - Last chance, No Breaks
People under the stairs - The Next Step and O.S.T.
NWA - Straight outta compton
Black Moon - Enta da stage

All I could think of right now
>>
>>63243871
>>63244175

Basically this. 400 degreez, purple haze, crime mob, get rich, word of mouf, trap muzik, most known unknown - all of these are solid choices. A lot of the rest is shit though. what the fuck do you expect to see, fucking trout mask replica and arthur russel? it's soulja boy
>>
>>63244859
Yeah soulja boi's got a better list than this turd, steer clear
>>
>>63244859
Cool list, but please don't tell me you're one of those people that claims hip hop died in the 2000s and will never regain its glory of the 90s. those people are the worst
>>
>>63244859
Thanks!

Can you maybe explain why this list is better? I just want to know why should I go by this list instead of his.
>>
>>63244859
no
>tribe
>de la soul
>Kanye
>doom
dropped
>>
>>63244417
*best 25 albums of all time, soulja boy wasn't restricted by genre.
>>
>>63244924
I wouldnt say it died, but would say the "good stuff" was more underground. Also a lot of the 2000s material sounded really cheesy to me and most of it has a dated sound, if that makes sense. Thats not to say all of it was bad because there is some good stuff from the 2000s. I cant really name too many 2000s rappers off the top of my head other than Cannibal Ox, Immortal Technique and Eminem? Also ludacris?
>>
>>63244967
it's only "better" because 95% of those albums are seminal releases from the 90s, an era seen by many as the golden age of hip hop, where wordplay and lyricism played a much larger role than in most of what soulja boy posted, which is more pop oriented and focused on the rappers' persona

A lot of those are NYC rappers whose production was largely based around sampling jazz and soul records and flipping them with fuzzy kicks and snares - also known as boom bap
>>
>>63245051
The 2000s were much more varied than the 90s, arguably better, because a lot of the guys from the 90s were still putting out good music in addition to all the new stuff popping up. Production and flows varied much more form region to region and scene to scene
>>
>>63245005
That was all I could think of when listing. You're right I did forget tribe, doom, and de la soul. I dont like kanye, his beats are corny to me and his material is just weak imo. but i aint going to shit on anyone if they like it, cuz i just couldnt get into it. If thats yo jam then thats yo jam, dont let no one tell you otherwise
>>
>>63245051

Cash Money was releasing fire at that time. Def jux too. Dipset, kanye, T.I., David Banner and all that crunk shit was at its best as well. I agree a lot of it was corny but there were many bangers to be had from that era imo
>>
>>63244859
>hurr hurr hip-hop was so much better in the 90s than today I wish Tupac was still alive

how's middle school going kiddo?
>>
>>63245189
this is the worst post on /mu/ at the moment
good job shitface
>>
>>63244967
Honestly this is just my opinion, putting lyrics aside I would say the rapping and beats were better but again just my opinion. You should try some off his list then some from mine to see what you like best.

>>63245113
I wouldnt say the 2000s were better but that's just my opinion though. If you think they're better then thats cool, we all have different tastes. Also a lot of the 90s people declined in quality, not all but the majority faded away into mediocracy. Some examples would be Bone thugs, wu tang, nas and some just dropped the mic and disappeared. Again just my opinion, i aint looking to trigger anyone.
>>
>>63245189
Implying 2pac is my favorite rapper. Go back to sucking kanyes dick you fucking faggot shitposter
>>
>>63245276
>implying I listen to proto-memerap
>>
She Got A Donk is an absolute banger and I lose respect for anyone who says otherwise
>>
>>63245238
The wu tang put out plenty of good albums in the 2000s, just not collectively. ODB had Nigga Please, Ghostface put out Pretty Toney and Fishscale, The GZA made his 2nd best solo album with DJ Muggs, Masta Killa's first solo album is good, Raekwon's OB4CL2 was really good, and their group albums all had good tracks on them, despite being inconsistent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoECwq67Dis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn9biSvN44U

Also, tonnes of rappers who fell of the map in the 90s made comebacks in the 2000s, MF DOOM, Sean Price, Masta Ace, etc.
>>
>>63245330
Yeah you're right, not just Wu Tang clan but a lot of 90s rappers were inconsistent and were just hit and miss. Your right about OB4CL2, i really liked it when i heard it, although raekwons newest album was shit. I was so hyped for it to drop and it kept getting delayed and then when it dropped it disappointed me immensely. I forgot to mention Ghostface, hes been really consistent and is putting out quality material to this day. Also whats that Gza and DJ muggs album, i dont think I've heard it
>>
>>63245005
There's Graduation you fucking masturbater
>>
>>63245513
read the thread again, top to bottom.
>>
>>63245439
this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuV_-QRjeY4
>>
>>63243676
>favourite tracks on a couple of the albums are the ones that feature him

wow what a narcissist
>>
>>63245559
Lol, didnt snoop dogg call him shit?
>>
>>63245559
He's got that pretty boy swag fâm
>>
when's doomstarks

also disappointing lack of geto boys itt
>>
>>63244859
>Cypress Hill - Temples of boob
Lololol
>>
>Literally all black music
I didn't know Soulja Boy had problems with white people, Hispanics, Asians, and Middle Eastern people. Racist af nigga.
>>
One good album,

take a guess which one
>>
>>63245972
>when's doomstarks
this, I thought it was finally dropping February, been waiting on that motherfucker since 2010
>>
Why do black people hate outkast?
>>
>>63245113
This. Man I love stuff like Gang Starr but that sound is dated as hell nowadays, nobody does it anymore
>>
>nigger has niggertastic taste
>>
>>63243676
>only hip hop
meme
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.