[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
weezer's decline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: the blue album.jpg (137 KB, 1394x1400) Image search: [Google]
the blue album.jpg
137 KB, 1394x1400
listened to the blue album and pinkerton for the first time today. someone explain how weezer fell off so badly after two masterpiece level albums? i havent given raditude, hurley, or make believe a listen, but i know a few tracks and they truly are awful. how does a band go from patrician to plebeian so quickly?
>>
if they replaced the shit from Make Believe with the bits of gold from Green, they'd have 3 GOAT albums
>>
It's been so long... Good shit.

The reason, oftentimes, is the artist has changed or lost the things we connected with in the first place. These guys play from the heart, and when their hearts change, so does the music. That would be why somebody like Kanye hasn't lost his touch so much, he doesn't work directly from the heart, but from his mind.

It's a theory, anyway.
>>
>>63241834
i can agree with that anon. op here btw. i know cuomo can be kinda weird, but i didnt ever think there could be the same band with some of the best albums of the 90's, but worst albums of the 00's.
>>
Pinkerton's poor initial response caused Rivers to have a mental breakdown and become a recluse for a number of years. After reuniting the band he decided to play at that point to just play it safe with a poppy mainstream pop song album "Green"
Despite Maladroit being a pretty great album everything post pinkerton was just dull and generic mainly because Rivers hasn't gotten over the fact that people hated Pinkerton after he poured his heart and soul into it
>>
EWBAITE was great and the White Album seems to be even better. I'm hyped!
>>
>>63241763
Weezer was never good
>>
>>63241917
This. There are a few decent tracks mixed in there, but for the most part you're better off skipping nearly everything between Make Believe and EWBAITE. (Except Raditude, that's shit from front to back.)
>>
>>63241763
Matt Sharp left
>>
Cuomo thought Pinkerton was shit, and the more they went away from that fuzzy midwest emo influnced tinge, the worse they got
>>
He's in 40s trying to write songs from the perspective of a 17 y/o
>>
who?
>>
>>63241917
>>63243358
Correct
>>63243338
If this were true rentals would have more than one good album
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.