[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Moved to Cholula Mexico >been working a ton, really missing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: nrmaldomingo.png (87 KB, 1000x1320) Image search: [Google]
nrmaldomingo.png
87 KB, 1000x1320
>Moved to Cholula Mexico
>been working a ton, really missing live music
>suddenly see that pic related is happening
>fucking The Body
>fucking Acid Mothers Temple
>FUCKING Slowdive

already bought tickets. the three above we're for sure seeing, anything else /mu/tants recommend not missing?

I'm stuck between Battles and Fatima Al Qadiri, I have listened to a fair amount of both and cant decide who would be a better live experience. Also with Blanck Mass and Jenny Hval.

and recommendations for other bands on the list i cant afford to not see live?

Also, any /mex/icans going to be there? Meet up? Awkwardly judge each other?
>>
b.v.m.p
>>
>>63241579
My question is: Why in all that's holy would you move to Cholula, Mexico?
>>
>>63241899
Moved to teach English for a while. Besides the total lack of live music, art, etc., it's actually a really nice place to live. Very laid back, cheap, nature nearby, little crime.
>>
>>63241579
I totally forgot about that festival, well, maybe next year.
Would go only for slowdive, low and deerhunter desu
all the big festivals in cdmx are absolute shit nowadays to the point that this year's nmal fest has the best lineup since Corona Capital 2013
>>
>>63242428
That's what I've gathered.
The cdmx punk scene is fucking rad, and I've already got plans to go to a few shows in that area. But in terms of other music, it's pretty weak carnal.

I was amazed at how diverse the Nrmal lineup was, the only fest in Mexico I've seen even worth thinking about going to.
And it's pretty cheap, we got 1 day tickets for 600, I'd pay that just to see Slowdive or The Body
>>
>that aliasing
>>
>>63242546
wut
>>
>>63242546
everything from mexico looks like it's 20 years behind, including their image files somehow.
>>
>>63242482
>1 day tickets for 600
that's a fucking steal, have fun bro.
At least cdmx musical scene is huge and you can get any flavor you like, here in ags the scene is pretty anemic,
Apparently porter's reunion is rumored to happen in late april here, for free.
>>63242645
he means that op's image (in short terms) looks like shit.
>>
>>63242737
maybe it was the pc of whoever took the screenshot, the website looks alright 2 me.
http://2016.festivalnrmal.net/
>>
>>63242822
OP here, yeah its a resize of the website image, which was like 6000x4000 or something

>>63242792
yeah cdmx is p rad, only problem is im just far enough away that its a major hassle to get there and get back, considering buses only come to puebla, and then i have to get from puebla to cholula before 11pm if i want to avoid paying 200 for a 10-min taxi ride. considering that i work 6 days a week thats been making it pretty hard to get over there for shows.
>>
>>63242978
Yeah, moving around to cdmx and back is hard if you don't own a car, maybe you should look for a place to sleep in airbnb or something so you can catch the buses the next morning, there's a decent amount of places for cheap there.
The nearest place with a decent scene is Guadalajara and it's a 3 hour drive going trough toll roads, and the next "big" events there are Bring Me the Horizon and Two Door Cinema Club, let that sink in.
The local scene in Guadalajara is alright though.
>>
>>63241579
I'll be there, of course I'm seeing those 3 too
and also Jaakko Eino Kalevi, Battles, MitĂș and for tomorrow Deerhunter, Low, San Pedro el Cortez, Lao, Empress Of
>>
>>63243410 here

>>63243303
>>63242482
yeah the punk scene around here is fucking good, at least everything lxs grises do and well they're pretty much involved in everything, same for Guadalajara and the few I've been in Guanajuato
>>
>>63243410
nice.if you see a scummy looking gringo dude walking around with an australian come hit us up
>>
>>63243303
>tfw 3 of my friends are going to the Bring Me The Horizon show

Local scene isn't that bad at all, and last year Nicolas Jaar, Jamie xx and the Goofball played here, couldn't go tho because poor
>>
>>63244055
Probably the last big show i went to in GDL was muse in 2013, they played mostly showbiz/oos/bh&r stuff, pretty good show but it was expensive as fuck.
>>
>>63243518

Los Grises shit is just 50 bands playing the same fucking song. Absolutely nothing new or original and completely overrated. Every concert I've been to people don't give a shit about the music, they just go there to mosh like retarded 15 year olds. The whole scene is a joke.
>>
>>63241579

Puebla is literally the worst place on Earth pleb
>>
>>63242482

Any local bands worth listening to?
>>
File: 1456716600477.png (132 KB, 249x315) Image search: [Google]
1456716600477.png
132 KB, 249x315
>>63244678
>Veracruz
>Guerrero
>Tamaulipas
>Durango
idk but Puebla looks like heaven considering these exist.
>>
>>63244893

TABASCO
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.