[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this album hated here? This is probably the most well-made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 12123212344332.jpg (95 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
12123212344332.jpg
95 KB, 600x600
Why is this album hated here? This is probably the most well-made rap album there is. Production-wise, concept, story, etc. It takes all the great aspects from other GOAT albums and combines them effortlessly. The wacky and fun elements of Paul's Boutique, the powerful production value and musicality of Aquemini, storytelling of Illmatic, the content and subject matter of Black on both sides. It's like the culmination of everything before it. There's a large variety of moods and styles. The rapping is actually pretty great and unique as well, it displays many different forms of delivery and flow, as if there were 10 different rappers on the thing. And what makes it really great is that there's almost no sampling, just musicians jamming out. It fuses live instruments and sequenced beats as well as any other. Sure it may be on the nose, but the narrative is impressively meticulous and ambitious. I'd say if it isn't the best rap album ever it's certainly better than anything in a very long time.
>>
File: 1456066825263.jpg (31 KB, 437x359) Image search: [Google]
1456066825263.jpg
31 KB, 437x359
>album promotes racial hatred
>>
>>63238913
Not only is it popular and acclaimed, but cuckmemers and /pol/acks won't stop calling it racist.

As proof I predict your post will become an irionic copypasta.
>>
File: 1450744211524.jpg (234 KB, 518x518) Image search: [Google]
1450744211524.jpg
234 KB, 518x518
>listening to politically charged music regardless if its left or right
>>
>>63238913
Stop smoking crack.
>>
>>63238913
>Album constantly refers to caucasians as inferior
>Lyrics repeatedly mention an uprising where black people assault and kill white people
>Kendrick has come out in interviews outright claiming that racial hatred for caucasians is the driving force behind the album
>Kendrick has been involved in numerous organized assaults against white people/families
Gee I wonder why it gets so much hate, sorry that we're not all P4k droning Bernie voting cucks who'll gladly lay down and welcome the death of our race.
>>
>>63238946
>Why is this album hated here? This is probably the most well-made rap album there is. Production-wise, concept, story, etc. It takes all the great aspects from other GOAT albums and combines them effortlessly. The wacky and fun elements of Paul's Boutique, the powerful production value and musicality of Aquemini, storytelling of Illmatic, the content and subject matter of Black on both sides. It's like the culmination of everything before it. There's a large variety of moods and styles. The rapping is actually pretty great and unique as well, it displays many different forms of delivery and flow, as if there were 10 different rappers on the thing. And what makes it really great is that there's almost no sampling, just musicians jamming out. It fuses live instruments and sequenced beats as well as any other. Sure it may be on the nose, but the narrative is impressively meticulous and ambitious. I'd say if it isn't the best rap album ever it's certainly better than anything in a very long time.
>>
>>63239021
Where's the proof
>>
>>63239021
0/10 bait
This is getting old
>>
It's a well done album, basically what >63238946 said about memers is where the perceived hate comes from. It's mostly 16 year olds jumping on the XDDD NIGGERS! bandwagon.

I don't feel like doing any constructive review right up on my phone, but the biggest downside of the album to me personally is that the replay value is pretty bad.
>>
I legitimately don't know what this is
>>
>>63238913
I agree. Good ideas, a good ear for beats and a coherent vision.

Also that whole live music thing may have had a roots influence
>>
can you guys stop making this stupid thread it only gets filled with "LOL KILL WHITEY THE ALBUM XD" shitposts
>>
This is a sincere question: is Kendrick an SJW/feminist?
>>
Retards think it's anti-white and you're a cuck for liking it, for some reason.

It's honestly just a mediocre album.
>>
It was a big step down from GKMC. You can tell he was going for some huge cinematic type experience bigger than the last one, but stretched it too far with ridiculous skits. Still good though.
>>
>>63239235
This is a sincere question, are you a gamergater/autist?
>>
File: lewis.png (457 KB, 608x603) Image search: [Google]
lewis.png
457 KB, 608x603
>>63239290
>It was a big step down from GKMC
literally in no way, shape or form is this true
>>
>>63239235
When the fuck has he ever even given a hint that could be a feminist?
>>
>>63239281
>It's honestly just a mediocre album
damn why you stashing the good stuff?
>>
Everyone knows this album is not only one of the best rap albums of all time (if not the best) but is also easily in the top 50 best albums of all time
Thing is, /mu/ is full of memers who want to be different. That's sorta the whole point of the fuckin board if you ask me
So, an album is good and widely liked=an album is shit on /mu/
Exmitary is slightly falling out of favor here as well to further prove the point
>>
Just wait until Scaruffi gives it an 8 and we'll see faggots calling it goat every other day
>>
Because it sacrificed quality for sequencing and a weak concept. It's pretty obvious from listening to Untitled Unmastered. Half those songs should've been on the album. The concept was fucking retarded too. People make this dude out to be way smarter than he is. He literally believes that the rapture is coming. Fuckin retard.
>>
>>63239397
>Exmitary is slightly falling out of favor here as well to further prove the point
Or maybe Death Grips put out more albums to talk about
>>
>>63239336
sorry you're a pleb
>>
File: 1404236226747.jpg (505 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1404236226747.jpg
505 KB, 1200x1200
>>63238946
>Why is this album hated here? This is probably the most well-made rap album there is. Production-wise, concept, story, etc. It takes all the great aspects from other GOAT albums and combines them effortlessly. The wacky and fun elements of Paul's Boutique, the powerful production value and musicality of Aquemini, storytelling of Illmatic, the content and subject matter of Black on both sides. It's like the culmination of everything before it. There's a large variety of moods and styles. The rapping is actually pretty great and unique as well, it displays many different forms of delivery and flow, as if there were 10 different rappers on the thing. And what makes it really great is that there's almost no sampling, just musicians jamming out. It fuses live instruments and sequenced beats as well as any other. Sure it may be on the nose, but the narrative is impressively meticulous and ambitious. I'd say if it isn't the best rap album ever it's certainly better than anything in a very long time.
>>
>>63239235
>from the hood
>feminist
>>
>>63239417
>He literally believes that the rapture is coming. Fuckin retard.
you intellectual gentleman you :^)
>>
>>63239436
GKMC is average

>muh short film
fuck off
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.