[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is punk dead? Not so much the music but like the "lifestyle"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: babymaskty.jpg (249 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
babymaskty.jpg
249 KB, 1600x1066
Is punk dead? Not so much the music but like the "lifestyle" or scene that went with it? It seems like most people/groups are too self absorbed for any of that or the angst or whatever. I've been noticing this with most other genres/scenes too, it all seems pretty commercial to me. I can't be the only one whos noticed

Pic not related
>>
Being a degenerate is frowned upon nowadays
>>
Its still alive, but the Internet allows most who would previously consider themselves strange to see what normies they are.
>>
>>63238181
It is now and it always has been, but now it seems like there are pretty much only "thug life" rich white kids and hood rats

At least a lot of the people involved the older scenes seemed to stand for something though
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453955051633.jpg (16 KB, 373x395) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453955051633.jpg
16 KB, 373x395
Punk isn't dead but much of the pretense of being part of some kind of theoretical revolution has vanished. Today's punks are usually music nerds who are fiercely passionate about extreme music in general (punks love metal, noise, power violence etc). I got into punk in the 90s and I have to say that it is more fun now.
>>
File: A-365059-1304673128.jpeg.jpg (21 KB, 300x217) Image search: [Google]
A-365059-1304673128.jpeg.jpg
21 KB, 300x217
Also, punk thread now?
>>
>>63238289
I guess that makes way more fucking sense

>>63238383
I think its more about fun now, theres definitely way less violence which is good. I still think it'd be kinda cool to be part of that though

>>63238412
fuck yeah!
>>
Yes as an movement, it was brand new, it was the thing, it got mainstrean succes and then stablished as a genre, same thing happened to all the genres we known, they cant be new again, movements are not eternals

As a genre you obviously know there are thousand of bands and fanatics, is probably the most popular genre between teens and garage bands
>>
>>63238383
The same thing has happened to metal. What I'm wondering now is are there subgenres of punk that are considered "hipster punk" like certain subgenres of metal (post-black/blackgaze/neo-sludge/some tech death) are considered "hipster metal"? And is there a divide in the greater punk community around this?
>>
>>63238574
post punk, noise rock, emo, math rock

there you go
>>
>>63238135
Punk died in 1984 when Crass broke up, OP. They even said it themselves. You can always do some research on anarchist and revolutionary literature on your own, and develop your own opinions afterwards, though.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.