[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THANK YOU /MU/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 500x500
I wanted to make a thread and thank whatever anon recommended this album to me the other day. I just got around to listening to it and it's by far the most unique and profound piece of music i've ever had the pleasure of sitting through. There hasn't been an album this decade to shake me to my core the way pic related did. You know that feeling you get when you listen to a new album thats original in sound and scope and think "wow, i had no idea music could do that" well that's how I feel about this album. An absolute masterpiece by every definition of the word.
>>
youre welcome

its one of my many in blurry-cat core
>>
>>63237968
Yep, Loren Connors is great. 9th Avenue is another favorite of mine.
If you want to try out some other great guitar improv, check out Derek Bailey, Taku Sugimoto, Keith Rowe (a bunch more abstract), Fred Frith, Keiji Haino, or Kevin Drumm (only his very early stuff)
>>
Mezzacaine
>>
>>63238036
post the whole chart immediately
>>
>mfw I just downloaded this from what because of this thread and it's beautiful

I want to leave 4chan so bad but then like once every two weeks this happens
>>
File: image.jpg (532 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
532 KB, 1536x2048
>loren connors thread

man it makes me so happy to see his popularity on this board rising higher and higher, day by day. a fantastic musician and absolutely my favorite guitarist

listen to his lullaby album OP, as well as portraits of a soul. honestly just go through his discography, he's profolic as hell and should keep you busy (in bliss) for months
>>
http://pitchfork.com/features/the-out-door/9150-the-legacy-of-loren-connors

Good read
>>
>>63239326
True
>>
anyone feel like reupping Lullaby?
>>
>>63239251
wdykyb?
>>
thanks for the rec, OP :)
>>
>>63239802
im upping it now on a very slow connection, if you can wait 20ish minutes maybe.
>>
Please don't make this album a meme, i love it too much
keep it on the low people
>>
>>63240501
you're dreamy

for anyone else looking: OP's album is in the archive, and if you go back far enough, there's a live mediafire folder with like 10 albums (but not lullaby).
>>
>>63237968
proper meaningless snoozecore m8. I bet you feel special for liking this one!
>>
>>63240614
not nearly as special as you must have felt making this post
>>
>>63240553
too late
>>
>>63240573
52%

I'm deep in the new hampshire wilderness, one step above dial up
>>
>>63240757
i'm not in a hurry.

what does one do deep in the new hampshire wilderness?
>>
>>63240822
Drink and speak to the wind and watch american ninja warrior with the sound turned off
>>
>>63240853
is this comfy or utterly lonely and depressing, i can't tell.
>>
File: skelly.jpg (37 KB, 528x480) Image search: [Google]
skelly.jpg
37 KB, 528x480
I'm pretty new here but this music is great, I feel so much emotion from it. For some reason on some of these tracks I get close to tearing up. Anyone else getting this? Despite how much I'm loving this music I feel like it puts me in kind of a reclusive mood. I want to get drunk and sit here, be sad and listen to this.
>>
Loren Connors - Lullaby (2001)
>Avant-garde, primitism, blues, free-improvisation
http://www97.zippyshare.com/v/46kH2yAC/file.html
>>
>>63241120
generous of you. hope you have a nice weekend.
>>
i was rec'd this album a very long time ago but it went into my list of things to download to sit there in limbo for who knows how long

thanks for telling me about this, i'll check it out right now
>>
>>63241120
thank you lad
>>
>>63241111
u like red house painters?
>>
File: desertguis.jpg (897 KB, 1714x2285) Image search: [Google]
desertguis.jpg
897 KB, 1714x2285
>>63241261
Honestly I've never heard of them. I'll check them out though.
>>
>>63241111
Quads welcome the newcomer.
>>
>>63241310
ha, prepare to sink deeper into your reclusive, drunken state. try not to kill self during this:

https://youtu.be/NFQ4nuUuwNo
>>
>>63241427
>Some escape, some door to open
This path seems the blackest, but I guess it's the soonest
But there in the clearing I know you'll be wearing
Your young aching smile, waving your hand
Can't go with my heart
When I can't feel what's in it I thought you'd come over
But for some reason you didn't - glass on the pavement under my shoe
Without you is all my life amounts to

A final sleep no words from my cutting
Mouth to your ear or taut wicked pinches
From my fingers to your bitter face
That I can't heal

I know tomorrow
You will be somewhere in London, living with someone
You've got some kind of family there to turn to
And that's more than I could ever give you

A chance for calm, a hope for freedom
Outlet from my cold solitary kingdom
By the forest of our spring stay
Where you walked away
And left a bleeding part of me
Empty and bothered, watching the water
Quiet in the corner, numb and falling through
Without you what does my life amount to?

deleted rhp from my computer because this song honestly hurts too much to bear. just rips through scabs, stitches, etc.
>>
>>63241427
So far I'm loving it. I'm even closer to tears now. I'm officially getting drunk tonight, which I don't often do. Cheers.
>>
>>63241492
Medicine bottle is phenomenal and very similar to Katy Song, from 6.10 to the end hits me in the feels
>>
>>63241261
>>63241427
>>63241576
Thanks for these recs lads, I wish there were more threads like this. From the little time I've spent here this is the only one I've stumbled upon.
>>
>>63241639
there are a lot of rec threads, but most require you to have a decent amount of listening experience which is difficult for newer people

you're probably just best off lurking and listening to the recurring essentials

you'd probably like Spiderland if you're into darker, slower rock like RHP
>>
>>63241712
I'm 8:40 through spiderland, not really loving it but not disliking it either. I don't think I'd re-listen though.
>>
>>63241916
Spiderland is shit listen to green day
>>
>>63237968
Someone have this album in 320k?
>>
>>63241916
I didn't "get" Spiderland until about the fourth listen, I just found it kind of boring and not really as great as everyone says..But when it clicked, I think I died
>>
>>63242229
requesting this
>>
i was wondering why this one outsider guitar improviser gets all of /mu/s attention while every other one is ignored but then i realized that he's the one pitchfork chose to talk about

see >>63239326

you guys are absolutely pathetic
>>
>>63242667
What is more pathetic, talking about an artist with others who enjoy their music, or anonymously shaming others for attempting to discover new music?
>>
>>63242667
so it doesn't matter that the music is good, but how much attention it gets because it had an article about it? people who listen to music that was recommended from a music website are pathetic?
>>
>>63242706
i would say the second is more pathetic in isolation, but when you include that the context is when people are literally incapable of finding any music that hasn't been pushed by the mainstream indie press and don't think that that's a problem, almost certainly the first
>>
>>63242667
nice try but i discovered him through xusosis
>>
>>63242727
it matters that people literally do not possess the ability to listen to any music that hasn't been presented for them by journalists, and ignore all of the music that doesn't get shilled
>>
File: kex.jpg (5 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
kex.jpg
5 KB, 240x200
>>63242051
>>
>>63242931
Are you somehow missing the fact that the first fucking post in this thread is someone thanking another person for introducing them to this album?
>>
>>63240918
just like everything else
>>
hmm
>>
>>63241427
This song always makes me cry like a bitch
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.