[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many albums named "s/t"? What does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: BZn1qejbiro1_500.jpg (25 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
BZn1qejbiro1_500.jpg
25 KB, 500x374
Why are there so many albums named "s/t"? What does it stand for?
>>
>>63237233
who's "feat." he's on so many songs?
>>
saint thomas
he was a saint and many artists are religious
>>
it refers to "solitary tracks" in which the artist focuses the album more on their personal life, as opposed to say, a concept album
>>
>>63237233
If memory serves, s/t usually stands for second/third implying it is the material of two planned albums, following the first release by an artist, condensed into one.
>>
>>63237321
What? It stands for "Studio Tapestry"
>>
>>63237376
ive heard both, whatever, it means the same thing basically
>>
>>63237391
>it means the same thing basically
No, 'same thing' is what s/t stands for. It's the artist's way of letting the listener know that the album is essentially the same as the one preceding it.
>>
it stands for "self-titled", which means that the band came up with the name of the album by themselves.
>>
>>63237233
Shite Tunes
>>
>>63237474
I thought there was just a really popular produce called self who named them...
>>
>>63237474
fuck off
>>
>>63237474
Where the fuck did you hear that??
>>
>>63237533
my friend works in the music industry
>>
>>63237549
Your friend doesn't know shit.
>>
>>63237474
this is such bullshit
>>
it stands for "studio trickery" and is when the artist/band has made this album with outside help- and indicates to the listener that they would not hear these exact sounds live
>>
>>63237233

self tittled

its when artists take the music they made that gives them the most titillation and releases an album.
>>
>>63237727
thread killer
>>
>>63237474
HAHAAH

yeah right. thats the dumbest answer ive ever heard
>>
>>63237565
my friend is mc rides dad nice try
>>
>>63237474
>the band came up with the name of the album by themselves

i just checked my iTunes, and you know what, you're completely right. Today I Learned!
>>
>>63237233
Shit
>>
on xbox i always thought my friends were playing "away"
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.