[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best artist or band to listen to while being depressed as fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: can't maintain.jpg (106 KB, 300x274) Image search: [Google]
can't maintain.jpg
106 KB, 300x274
best artist or band to listen to while being depressed as fuck?
>>
>>63228470
Mountain Goats
>>
Rollins Band or NIN (pre-Year Zero)
>>
>>63228470
Songs about leaving
>>
File: 1385665.jpg (248 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1385665.jpg
248 KB, 800x800
>>
>>63228470
I'd say either Jandek or Throbbing Gristle. Normal stuff isn't enough to detach me from reality when I'm depressed, but Jandek does a really good job of making me emotionally numb and separated from myself.
>>
mac demarcos sadder songs
>>
such an edgy thread
>>
Car Seat Headrest - How To Leave Town, Monomania, Twin Fantasy
Hymie's Basement - s/t
Milo - A Toothpaste Suburb
Joplin Rice - Spine Adagio part II & the Prince
The Mountain Goats - Get Lonely, the Sunset Tree
Courtaud and Bobtail - My Love Who Never Was Will Never Be
Salvia Palth - Melancholie
Smoosh - Withershins
>>
>>63228470
Jeffrey Lewis's "The Last Time I Did Acid I Went Insane".
I specially recommend it if you like AJJ
>>
>>63230705
a toothpaste suburb? haven't listend to it yet but i've listend to other milo projects and they weren't really that depressing. does a toothpaste suburb deal more with depression?
>>
>>63230736
It's not necessarily that it deals with lots of depression stuff, but when I got into it I was p depressed and the album just kinda meshed really well with how I was feeling. I think it's because of the production mainly, like the atmosphere that it had.
>>
>>63230793
i'm way late to this thread but if you want depressing milo his latest is better i think
Souvenir especially
Also that ft on the new busdriver tape, Worlds to Run is some of the best work he's done
>>
Literally Hospice [spoiler]deal with it[/spoiler]
>>
>>63231681
He said he's depressed, not turning gay
>>
>>63231754
I'm already gay though
>>
>>63228470
If you're a depressive teenage girl
>the smiths
preferably meat is murder or Hatful of Hollow
*the queen is dead is actually good and not overly melodramatic
>>
File: MI0001793197.jpg (29 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
MI0001793197.jpg
29 KB, 400x393
>>63233132
forgot pic
>>
File: Girls.png (295 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
295 KB, 500x373
anyone?
>>
File: icp.jpg (150 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
icp.jpg
150 KB, 624x420
Trust me, these two ninjas have gotten me through the worst. I don't see much clown love on /mu/, but if you could ever get together with some fans, you'd feel like you belonged. This could be a concert, a chance meeting, or ideally, the Gathering. You will feel more like a party of a family than at your Thanksgiving dinner! whoop whoop
>>
>>63228470
I'm depressed but seriously you guys have shit taste, you have teen angst not depression.
Andrew jackson jihad ? seriously, go listen to some emo-punk ya faggot
>>
>>63233615
>go listen to some emo
lol
>>
HANL is the best music for being drunk and depressed at 3 in the morning
>>
>>63233369
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t32NWiqD9Nw
>>
>Very great played at high volume when you're feeling shitty, because you'll never feel as shitty as this record.
>>
>>63228470
Burial
>>
black sheep b o y s
>>
Same, AJJ is your best companion in depression.
But recently I listen a lot to this album.
>>
>>63234040
>because you'll never feel as shitty as this record.
You got so close to giving a good answer.
>>
codeine
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.