[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite metalcore album, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
What's your favourite metalcore album, /mu/?
>>
>>63225014
Probably your pic related, anon

Chunky breakdowns + catchy singalongs = fun album
>>
>>63225014

>listening to 15 year old edgy emo crap
>>
>>63225084
> not knowing the difference between 2000's metalcore and emo
P L E B
L
E
B
>>
>>63225079
Pretty much. If you don't like Parkway Drive, you probably hate fun in general.

>>63225084
But anon, metalcore and emo are two separate genres. Surely the guys in /emoe/ could tell you this.
>>
>>63225014
man what a classic. 16 year old me listened to this on the school bus every day
>>
Need more shit that sounds like Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan, Norma Jean etc.

You guys got any good recs?
>>
>>63225131
The Chariot
Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza
>>
>>63225084
>>63225094

>implyign metalcore is any better
>>
>>63225147
Thank you.
>>
>>63225205
> implying I implied that
>>
>>63225131
Botch
Misery Signals
Jack the Stripper
The Locust
>>
>>63225131
There's an entire subgenre of those bands called Mathcore. Take a look at some of the higher rated albums here
https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Mathcore&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=
>>
>>63225285
Oh yeah + Every Time I Die
>>
Northlane - Singularity
Northlane - Discoveries
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Ire Works
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis
The Dillinger Escape Plan - One Of Us Is The Killer
Bring Me The Horizon - Suicide Season
Bring Me The Horizon - Sempiternal
Bring Me The Horizon - There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret.
>>
>>63225313
>bmth
Hello /r/music
>>
>>63225313
> Northlane
Yes. Good band. Doesn't get enough/really any love on this board
>>
>>63225014
I don't really consider Converge or Botch to be metalcore, so maybe Messengers by August Burns Red or Controller by Misery Signals.
>>
>>63225324
Their new album was atrocious imo. I can't get into their new lead singer and I thought the lyrics were godawful and cringe worthy.
>>63225319
I really don't care what you think mate. I've been listening to them for years and will continue to do so. You look more autistic spouting that reddit shit when you automatically see something you disagree with.
>>
>>63225324
I saw Northlane open for Parkway last year, never heard them earlier, was very positively surprised.
>>
>>63225332
So you admit you're underage? Good job reddit
>>
Make Them Suffer - Neverbloom
Norma Jean - Bless The Martyr And Kiss The Child
Norma Jean - Wrongdoers
>>
>>63225084
Does anyone remember when /mu/ was XXXcore central, where everyone could discuss their fave new Emmure and Asking Alexandria release without getting SHAMED like this?
I do, and I'm getting fucking sick of shit like this.
The normies with undied hair are starting to piss me off.
I'm a 15-year-old myself, and I have one purple lock on my otherwise brunette head and my favorite band is Suicide Silence, because they keep my house from being slient enough for me to actually commit suicide. This was once MY HOME and now MY HOME is being INFILTRATED by FUCKING NORMIES.
What the fuck happened to /mu/?
Even brokeNCYDE is shunned here now, as though this place has become like the rest of the world and shunned people for having a motions.
Somebody join me and declare war on these fucking normies before I go fucking crazy here. This is MY HOME and I can't take MY HOME getting raped like milk and honey like this ;-;
>>
Not 100% metalcore, but this album by I Killed The Prom Queen is really nice. It's melodic hardcore/metalcore/whatever. It has breakdowns and is catchy.
>>
>>63225343
>So you admit you're underage?
No, I'm 22 years old. I just can't stand shitposting faggots like you who've nothing interesting to contribute except time wasted baiting people like me into replying into your self indulgent bullshit.
>>63225337
I saw them mid 2014 just before Adrian left. It was amazing. Incredible vibe and Thy Art Is Murder beforehand psyched the crowd hard.
>>
>>63225131
IDYLLS sound a lot like Converge. Their albums Farewell All Joy is pay what you want on bandcamp, and it rules
https://idylls.bandcamp.com/album/farewell-all-joy

also check out Throats' self titled EP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgi60UaYLwE
>>
>>63225319
> not liking BMTH's 2008-2013 output

>>63225352
Make Them Suffer is great. What did ya think of the new one?
>>
>>63225343
There is nothing in that post that hinted about age. Stop shitposting.
>>
>>63225359
I've always been skeptical of IKTPQ. I need to listen to them. I definitely think Jona had a big influence on BMTH. It's a shame he left.
>>63225372
Loved it mate. I think they're a huge standout in the genre. And his vocals are wicked and disgusting but in a fantastic way.
>>
>>63225360
Was that at Free Your Mind?
Which show?
>>
Thy Art Is Murder - Hate
Thy Art Is Murder - The Adversary
Thy Art Is Murder - Holy War

>>63225386
Brisbane at the HiFi, May 22 or something?
>>
>>63225360
Yeah they sure had a vibe-thing going that not many metalcore bands have. Them and Architects are the only I can think of.

I can't stand Thy Art Is Murder for some reason, I just think they sound uninspired.
>>
>>63225411
>I can't stand Thy Art Is Murder for some reason, I just think they sound uninspired.
That's a shame. I don't take their lyrics too seriously, but I thought CJ was an amazing vocalist, and definitely a great front man live. I just think the music is great to chill out out too. That might sound silly considering it's so heavy, but it was just great to sit back and rock out to.
>>
>>63225384
Yeah, start by listening to the album in my earlier post, their newer stuff isn't much to have I think.
>>
>>63225411
Always found Thy Art pretty mediocre musically, but damn did CJ put on a good show
>>
>>63225411
>Them and Architects are the only I can think of.
Funny because Northlane got their name from an Architects song called "North Lane".
>>63225423
I will man. Thanks. I want to get into more metalcore actually. Strangely it was my angsty teenage music but I've mostly moved to hip hop since then. In fact, hip hop is about 80% of my music library. I've pretty much saturated myself in it.
>>
>>63225131
Gaza and Cult Leader
>>
Actually, surprised Protest The Hero hasn't been mentioned. I fell in love with them only within the past year, but goddamn their music is so fucking great.
>>
File: 1457067265183.jpg (11 KB, 250x325) Image search: [Google]
1457067265183.jpg
11 KB, 250x325
>tfw been lurking /mu/ for a year or two
>been hiding metalcore love because everyone shits on it
Feels good to not be the only one that loves it.
>>
File: johnnytruant.jpg (148 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
johnnytruant.jpg
148 KB, 600x600
My favourite metalcore band is Johnny Truant. Their albums In the Library of Horrific Events and No Tears for the Creatures are god tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwiKFSpyLYM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qxeqOFeXY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcM8lKwwcts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4qoumQjI-E
>>
>>63225492
Gonna take a listen now man.
>>
File: 1453134420011.jpg (32 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
1453134420011.jpg
32 KB, 288x339
>mtfw metalcore and deathcore are the only metal genres I listen to
How pleb am I?
>>
>>63225512
just the same kind of pleb that states that metallica/iron maiden is the best of the genre
>>
Good metalcore is hard to find.
Favorites are:

The Ghost inside - Get What You Give
Norma Jean- o god The aftermath
Attack attack-someday came suddenly

Issues was also a game changer and so will be the next one.
Not going to note the obvious answers like botch, poison the well and converge.

>>63225014
Most overrated band imo. I bet you would like I killed the prom queen if you don't already.
>>63225313
Eh suicide season is very very bad, what do you see in it?
>>63225512
Metal is horrible mostly desu. The best true metal usually has hardcore (slayer, s. O.D)or rock influences (Sabbath, priest)
Besides getting into metal core opens the gates to the wide world of hardcore and punk.
>>63225484
Just post metalcore "ironically"
>>63225359
Absolutely hate it
>>
>>63225131
fall of troy, the number twelve looks like you, hail the sun, a lot like birds, tera melos, fear before
>>
So many plebs in this thread jesus
>>
>>63226397
Pretty much on it, anything Swancore and stuff like Fall of Troy is the best, though not even sure that they're metalcore so much as post-hardcore but who really cares on that front. I'm going to add Letlive. to the list as well.
>>
>>63226516
Shit, forgot about them. I'm disappointed with the production on the last album they had but they're great and ill see them live again any chance i get.
>>
new memeswitch engage leaked lads
>>
>>63225313
Northlane and Dillinger are rad. Bring Me The Horizon sucked after Count Your Blessings.
>>
>>63226340
I actually never got into IKTPQ desu, they're pretty fucking bad.
>>
File: folder.jpg (72 KB, 432x431) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
72 KB, 432x431
post progcore
>>
Beartooth's Disgusting kicks ass
>>
>>63226397
SWANCORE
W
A
N
C
O
R
E
>>
File: The-Chariot.jpg (639 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
The-Chariot.jpg
639 KB, 1024x1024
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.