[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3001: A Laced Odyssey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 6
File: 798576866426.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
798576866426.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2048
So, the new Flatbush Zombies album dropped today, what do you think?
>>
>>63224414
Did not listen
>>
The first half wasn't that exciting for me on the first listen. Second half was what i was expecting from them and i really enjoyed it.
>>
I loved it
>>
>>63224690
pretty much the same for me, bounce was exciting in the first part tho. i was dissapointed that there were a lot of "I'M JUST SMOKING MY WEED GOT LSD ADDICTED TO HENNY" type of shit
>>
It was pretty good, just nothing new or groundbreaking.Same themes and rhymes, production is on point as always, but I enjoyed it
>>
is this the new gorillaz album
>>
>>63224414
Have never heard of em but the cover is so dope I have to listen to it right now.
>>
I prefer their previous output
>>
Worth buying? It's at a decent enough price for a new album and I don't mind blind buying if I've heard good things about the album.
>>
>>63225410
Worth supporting them yeah. It was a bit too chilled for me but was decent imo
>>
i feel like they hadn't improved since better off dead. i was so hyped for the album when i heard blacktivist too
>>63225410
buy it
>>
>>63225437
I'm more of a fan of chilled out rap so thats all good for me, I'm checking out a few songs from the album now and if I like them I might buy it.
>>
>>63225437
>>63225472
Went ahead and bought it, whats the best song on the album?
>>
>>63225595
trade-off or new phone who dis for me
>>
>>63225595
bounce or R.I.P.C.D. but they're all solid
>>
Worse than Better off Dead.
>>
I was hoping for more gritty hard-hitting beats, that's what got me into them. Never cared for the third eye weed lyricism, but I really liked all of their flows and voices. I don't think this debut delivered beats wise, it's much more mellow and - in my opinion - boring. I just wanted a new project filled with tracks like Bliss, Death and Palm Trees. Trade-Off is a great track though. I'll have to give this more listens, but right now I'm not really feeling it.
>>
>>63225595
>
This is it and Good Grief
>>
Am I the only one who thinks D.R.U.G.S. is still their best work?
>>
>>63226600
that's objectively wrong
>>
>>63224414
It dropped yesterday, dude. The last song is the best, IMO, but overall it's not as good as Better Off Dead
>>
too much chill in the album
i expecter more songs like bounce
flay away to this is it all the songs are the same
>>
Mediocre
>>
I got through 2/3 of the album before I went to sleep, it's alright. Juice is still holding them back. I like their mixtapes more than this, but I'll give it a full listen today.
>>
So the most common complaint here is that there's no bangers?
>>
>>63226903
yes
>>
>>63224414
Album sucked, fuck this Reddit band
>>
>>63226903
My theory is that because their independant, and because this is a commerical release, Erick couldn't afford as much samples, hence why the beats are simpler, more subtle
>>
>>63226945
Your theories will never be credible when you have the grammar and spelling of an 11 year old
>>
>>63226903
The first half of ascension is pretty lit.
>>
>>63226962
In retrospect that was terribly written
>>
I think the album is amazing. Lyrically it is on point and it usually follows a storyline so you gotta just pay attention to the lyrics. Beatwise The Architect really got to be THE ARCHITECT with very complex yet acessible beats. Yall sleeping on this tbhonesto
>>
>>63227560
Oh almost forgot. There are a lot of Erick's solos with no lyrics. Those are amazing.
>>
>>63225773
They want that old shit? Well, fuck me
>>
>>63227560
Yes. Erick is pretty standout as a producer, his style comes off as super clean and also detailed. I agree that juice is holding them back, I could listen to them waaaaay more is it was just meech rapping tbqh
>>
>>63227755
I actually like Juice. Especially this new evil persona he adopted so he can go both ways.
>>
>>63227755

i like Juice too. i did no listen to the album yet. need some of dat dank first.
>>
>>63224414
just finished listening, underwhelming desu
>>
I'm a big fan of flatbush, first listen was pretty mixed, loved the sound and their verses are fire as usual, but it's much more chill than their previous tapes so it wasn't as exciting, probably because I was too hyped. But now I've listened to it about 5 times and it's seriously growing on me, I'm glad to have a good chill hip hop like that, I usually mostly listen to bangers so it's a fresh sound, will probably cop it on vinyl eventually, the cover is just too dope to not own it on physical.
>>
>>63227977
objectively wrong
>>
You know when you were kids and there was that kid in your social circle who thought he could sing or rap, but was actually really bad?

And you didn't want to tell him that he sucked because you didn't want him to feel bad? So you just kept quiet and hoped he realised on his own?

I feel like that's the case with Juice. I feel like Meechy and Erick are the friends and they're just too afraid to tell Juice that he sucks ass, so they've just kinda strung him along in their little rap group. And it's just ended up going way too far.
>>
I know they've addressed this but if Meech went solo and upped the intelligence of his lyrics a bit and Erick produced for him it could be fucking GOAT, Eric B and Rakim style
>>
>>63228005
i think you're just a delusional fan boy in denial but maybe you aren't and you actually have standards that low

either way i hope you continue to enjoy the album regardless of it's quality
>>
>>63228017
lol
>>
>>63228017
Meech is so overrated, people are hyping him up too much and I feel like just his unique sound does it for him, while nobody realises that the lyrics are lackluster. Erick is the best member by far in terms of lyrics, flow and general sound. Juice held his own with them on this album and in some songs even outshined them both.
>>
>>63228017
is it because of his voice? i dont get it. juice is pretty knowledgeable and has a weird-y but very likeable flow. also his persona overall is entertaining.
>>
>>63228100
Idk if it's just me but Meech has the most interesting/refreshing voice in hip hop rn imo, and yeah if he changed his lyrics he could be insanely good.
>>
I really really really like how real their lyrics are. It is not "just feel good doing drugs shit" now it is all about "find the evil and the good while doing drugs".
>>
>>63225410
>buying
>>
>>63225353
>same rhymes
What do you? They recycled bars? Havent heard it yet was into drugs (more fun of the two) and betteroffdead (greater of the two)
>>
>>63228032
i feel like meech solo would be too much, that voice would get so annoying
>>
File: UAEvermore.jpg (139 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
UAEvermore.jpg
139 KB, 800x800
How come The Underachievers new albums got like zero hype

both their 2014 and 2015 albums are lit
>>
>>63228308
too much third eye shit
>>
>>63228402
third eye references are so corny
>>
>>63228402
>says the person with the closed third eye
>>
>>63228308
I genuinely don't get the hype.

They rap off beat so much. Their lyrical content makes me cringe into oblivion and they're bullshit beliefs are probably what led to Steez offing himself.
>>
>>63228100
>even outshined them both.
post link plz
>>
>>63228308
only luminiscence, chrysalis, allusions, star signs, dualist, brooklyn way are good songs on those albums, other songs are pretty much fillers. also this
>>63228402
>>
There album art and general aesthetic is kinda Parliament, which is cool.
>>
>>63228308
I've grown to dislike Issa Gold more and more now so idk. Can't even listen to it without feeling disgusted because of his arrogance
>>
I got sick of these guys when I realized every song they've written and will write is just about how they're black and do LSD. It was a good way to get people in to them since usually rappers just talk more about party druges as opposed to psychedelics, but it's literally their whole schtick. It just gets boring real quick.
>>
File: a0798710230_10.jpg (367 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a0798710230_10.jpg
367 KB, 1200x1200
>>63228402
>CUZ YOUR THIRD EYE'S JUST A FUCKING HOLE IN YOUR HEAD
Love that line.
>>
>>63224414
its really fucking boring
>>
Can someone just make a version without Juice?

That first track was so cool and got me so pumped to listen to the album then suddenly:
>EVERY DAY! ME AND MARY JANE!

And my immersion was ruined. Shit literally reminded me of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhuPX61E_aI

The way he says it is EXACTLY the same.
>>
File: 1457666851338.jpg (34 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1457666851338.jpg
34 KB, 500x283
>>63224414
The first song might be the most boring rap song of all time, but then it gets better.
>>
>>63229338
What's he ignorant about?
>>
is this as good as the cover art makes it seem? As far as rap goes I prefer more high energy simple banger focus on production quality and hooks type stuff over wordplay boombap type sound will I like this? Never listened to them
>>
>>63229607
Listen to Better Off Dead and D.R.U.G.S. if you like that sort of stuff.This has a more laid back vibe to it, which the cover doesn't do justice even though it's dope
>>
>>63229607
Give it a listen homie. Flatbush has a lot of bangers but they aren't on this album.
>Palm Trees
>MRAZ
>Thug Waffle
>Bliss
>S.C.O.S.A.
>>
sounded nice, but nothing stuck out to me that would make me want to revisit it.

the rapping itself is great, albeit a bit lacking as far as lyrics go, but the production is just alright for the most part.
>>
>>63228280
This. In fact, I hate how every discussion about these guys turns into a debate about who shouldn't be here. The great thing about these guys is how well their styles work together. Meech's rough, gravelly voice; Juice's high, schizophrenic voice; and Erick's somewhere in between. His less interesting voice is made up for in his beats and lyrics
>>
>>63229737
Go away Juice.
>>
>>63229707
>S.C.O.S.A.
Love that beat.
>>
underwhelming tbaych
>>
I'm a fan of these dudes and I'm seeing them live in LA. I liked all songs except 3 tracks. I got tired of hearing Meechy saying he doesn't exist. These dudes know firsthand the psychedelic experience and the feeling of not knowing what's real and what isn't but it seems he keeps saying it over and over
>>
ITS AOTY. fact
>>
>>63229471
That's the point. I thought it was genius as they had sampled an old line from Meech and so your led to believe Juices verse was gonna be the same. It must of went over your head
>>
>>63224414
i haven't listened to them in years, is it still DUDE LSD LMAO tryhard shit?
>>
>>63226600
I do
>>
>>63229880
they've never been try hard they've actually along with UA started a psychedelic rap conscious genre that a fuckton of people have hopped on
>>
>>63224414
never heard about her
>>
>>63226945
Erick almost never samples
>>
>>63224739
but that's literally all the rap about

it's why they suck, they're nothing new even if Meech has potential to be great
>>
It's odd seeing this kind of reaction to anybody's FIRST ALBUM. You can say a lot about FBZ but they generated a lot of hype off only 2 mix tapes and some singles (and that hype was deserved)

This makes me think more about their second album, thats always when the Illmatics and TPABs drop.

Production is fantastic, everyone really stepped up lyrically (juice is tearing it recently). Only complaint would be a lack of numerous bangers which makes the album feel different form previous works
>>
>>63231091
I agree with you, but Illmatic is not a good comparison
>>
>>63231137
I forgot Illmatic was a debut album
>>
it was ok
>>
>>63231047
He is already great. They're all relatively new to the rap game and doing way better than those shitty tyga style rappers
>>
This album is trash. Flatbush Zombies were never worth the hype. Go back and listen to Laker again, its trash from lyrics to production to the attempt at creating atmosphere. These dudes have always been a meme and I commend them on their marketing but nothing else. You are all retards who don't listen to rap or hip-hop.
>>
File: 1456951065797.png (71 KB, 159x183) Image search: [Google]
1456951065797.png
71 KB, 159x183
>>63231368
>Using the term "meme" in your argument
>>
>>63231263
You're stupid. They aren't new at all. Part of why they are terrible. They've just been playing the odd future tumblr game and the results have barely even been in their favor. They would resort to featuring Young Lean just to have plays
>>
File: 1452325698960.gif (2 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
1452325698960.gif
2 MB, 267x199
>>63231498
This isn't ordinary retardation.. this is advanced retardation
>>
>>63228017
fucking this
>>
>>63228448
Underrated post desu
>>
it was ok
BetterOffDead>>>>>>>>3001
>>
It is the best album to smoke to to come out in this decade. Y'all are sleeping on this. Such amazing production
>>
>>63232618
betteroffdead is great but doesnt feel like it is cohesive enough (surely because its an ep). this one feels like an LP. it is the ressurrection of old school rap at its best.
>>
BIGGEST QUESTION ITT: Why is no one talking about all the diss in this album? They for some reason really don't like Fetty Wap and throw shots at pretty much everyone else in the game too. I think it is amazing.
>>
>>63224414
listening to it now.

the intro was corny as fuck, but in a loveable zombies way
>>
>>63231368
sure now go back to that trap shit kiddo
>>
Did I mishear, or did Juice call Jadakiss the King of NY? Lmao
>>
If fagtano gives this anything lower than a 9 I will eat my socks
>>
>>63233455
He's obviously going to give it a light 7 you jackass
>>
>>63224621
If not me this thread would 404

t. proud monkey
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.