[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you grow out of your Death Grips hate phase?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: ride.png (212 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ride.png
212 KB, 400x400
At what age did you grow out of your Death Grips hate phase?
>>
>>
>>
>>63222342
Wait, Death Grips hate phase? I thought you meant grew out of Death Grips
>>
Never hated them, they just never really clicked.
>>
>>63222139
22 is when i stopped following there crpytic shit. i still like there music but iv given up on lurking death grips threads
>>
Never hated them. Listened to Death Grips for the first time in December last year, have loved them ever since.
>>
>>63223683
you mean crypdick
>>
I grew out of it roughly one month after hearing their album No Love Deep Web {about a year and a half ago)
>>
Never hated them, but i only liked ex military.
>>
Not exactly grown out but not listening as much by about age 19. Listened from 16-18
>>
Listening to Exmilitary (and Death Grips) for the first time. Not sure I like it but I'm trying to get as far as I can.
>>
>>63225907
What a lot of people seem to confuse (and I'm only posting this to sort of disambiguate) about Death Grips is they believe that since they're this "super experimental" industrial hip-hop group, they need to start with the very first release in the catalog. While this follows some sort of logic, the fact is that DG releases get better the more recent they get, not necessarily just "more experimental." It's also a common misconception that you either "get" DG or they just sound like noisey shit. The fact is that I started with NLDW because it was the meme album, and I hated it so much. But once I heard TMS I started to get it, and then I tried GP, then NotM, and that was when I got hooked. I eventually revisited NLDW and fell in love with that album as well, but the fact is that each album is so different in sound and lyrical content that if one doesn't do it for you, you might have better luck trying another release,

tl;dr. Listen to more than just the first album before you decide they suck.
>>
>>63226176
Of course

but anyone who doesn't listen to 'Beware' as their first Death Grips introduction, is doing themselves a major disservice imo

what I did was listen to Beware and dabbled a bit on each album, all the way to NOTM. Then I went back to the beginning. The change in each album is incredible.
>>
>>63226396
The change is so intense and intangible from album to album. I did not start with Beware, although it was close. The first DG song I heard was I Want It I Need It on a roadtrip from Seattle to Portland, which I really loved upon my first listen. Then when I got home I tried Come Up and Get Me and that was ridiculously too intense for my second taste, so I went back to ExM and started with Beware. So, third time's a charm. It still blew my mind when I first heard it.
>>
>>63222139
Never hated them but only became interested after I heard birds, and started listening to them properly after they did niggas on the moon.
>>
>>
Anyone starting to dislike Death Grips? Just turned 18 a week ago, so now I have to deal with the fact I'm an adult now. I've listened to all of Death Grips albums, and I honestly have to say it gets very boring and predictable to listen to them. A lot of people praise them for their "crypdick" lyrics that don't really make sense. Ride's voice gets pretty annoying and the music seems really cheesy and shitty. Most of their fans are social outcast teenagers, I was once one too, still an outcast but trying to become a respectable man now.
>>
>>63222139
I don't hate them, I don't care about them.

I don't like their obnoxious fans.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.