[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John or Paul?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: whichone.jpg (80 KB, 500x607) Image search: [Google]
whichone.jpg
80 KB, 500x607
http://strawpoll.me/7049297
>>
File: 1455402682418.jpg (13 KB, 223x224) Image search: [Google]
1455402682418.jpg
13 KB, 223x224
>faul is not an option
>>
john for me. paul was the better singer but he made boring and uninspired music, never really experimenting.

Strawberry Fields Forever alone is more interesting musically than every single song Paul made
>>
>>63219806
>temporary secretary
>>
george tbqh
It's All Too Much and Something are the best beatles songs t b h
>>
>>63219974
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdCH7ZewAfY
god tier memesynth
>>
>>63220116
Such a great track
>>
>>63220097
yeah i didnt put ringo because memes and i didnt put george because for that i would prefer to have a ranking thing
>>
>>63220116
never heard that song before. Very interesting, i never knew Paul branched out like that
>>
>>63219723
ringo
>>
Liam tbqh
>>
John, obviously.
>>
>>63219723
paul by miles. john was needed for the early rock stuff but once they were established paul carried the weight for a long time.

oh you think strawberry fields and walrus were so psychedelic? paul was the one that started experimenting with tape loops during revolver and incorporating baroque instrumentation (penny lane, eleanor rigby) after seeing a concer of the brandenburg concerto
>>
George
>>
File: george-harrison.jpg (29 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
george-harrison.jpg
29 KB, 306x306
George Harrison
>>
>>63221872
im sorry mate but while Paul was experimenting with Eleanor Rigby was you say John was putting out Tomorrow Never Knows. He then released Rain and Strawberry Fields Forever before Sgt Pepper was an actual thing. He experimented way more on his songs too than Paul. Even George did.
>>
>>63219723
John was a cotton headed ninny muggin so obviously Paul.

George is the patrician choice though tbqh f a m
>>
>>63219806
>penny lane exists, anon.
>>
>>63221872
Lennon was far more experimental in that way than McCartney. That's especially so if we're talking about their music from Revolver onward.

>>63222430
>George is the patrician choice though tbqh f a m
He's more like the contrarian choice. He was great but there's a good reason John and Paul got the most songs on Beatles albums.
>>
>>63222649
Contrarian would be to go my man
>>
>>63222674
Ringo*
Fuck autocorrect
>>
Who cares they're both dead anyway
>>
>>63222649
>there's a good reason John and Paul got the most songs on Beatles albums.
That's because they hated criticisms and other ideas, the groups dynamic was so that john and Paul got to be the leaders
>>
George

>>63220097
>>63222022
>>63222028
>>63222430

Good taste.
>>
>>63219806
Do you assume that Paul had nothing to do with the songs that John wrote? He wrote guitar, keyboard, bass, percussion, and vocal parts that John wrote you know.
>>
>>63222706
Of course they had egos and were the group leaders. They were, after all, the more talented two of the band. The thing with that is they constantly let George's songs take priority whenever they thought he brought the best one(s) to the studio that day. The trouble is that rarely happened, but when it did (like when he brought in Something) they dropped what they were doing and worked on his song instead.

That was especially the case when one of them had a single-worthy song. They had big egos, but they knew where the money was.
>>
>>63222649
>He's more like the contrarian choice.
This 100%.
>>
>>63222778
This is true, but John had major input in many of Paul's songs as well so they kind of even each other out.
>>
John
>>
>>63219806
>boring and uninspired music
>what is Helter Skelter
>>
I think Paul is a better musician but i find it easier and more enjoyable to emotionally connect to Johns music. Plus i side him on the whole "Granny Music" thing.
>>
>>63220097
This, George Harrison
>>
George is such a contrarian answer. All he had was all things must pass and he fell off hard.
>>
>>63224348
Well, none of the beatles had a particularly good solo discography t b h. John had 2 good albums, Paul had 2ish good albums (although that's kind of up for debate - i love ram but i'm not a huge wings fan). But neither of their solo efforts came close to the beatles' stuff. George had one fantastic triple album and a couple okay ones, so he definitely stacks up with the rest of them.
>>
>>63224520
John had four good solo albums senpai
>>
Paul. He was the cute one. Still is.
>>
[spoiler]Jore Jarrison[/spoiler]

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwFsPgPl98k[/spoiler]
>>
>>63220398
listen to Liverpool Sound Collage
>>
>>63224590
Plastic Ono Band, Imagine and which ones? Mind Games has a few GOAT tracks but also lots of filler.
>>
yoko is the best beatle
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.