[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: WKND.jpg (61 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
WKND.jpg
61 KB, 600x600
If he wasn't a somewhat attractive black musician writing music for sex with "unique" hair, would he be as popular as he is outside of an actually pretty catchy "I Can't Feel My Face" hit?
>>
>>63218221
Yes because he got to where he was through connections.
>>
>>63218221
Yes, most of his music is meant for basic white bitches (who are the only ones buying music).
>>
>>63218221
No. He's helplessly mediocre, and even with his connections he never would have caught fire without the shtick.
>>
File: 1455224330211.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1455224330211.png
74 KB, 300x256
>>63218221
Probably. I didn't even know what he looked like until after the single for The Hills came out with his face on the cover.

Also, I've never seen so many compliments in an antagonistic question before. Do you love the guy, or hate him?
>>
he ripped that bassline from starfucker investigate 3/11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY0mpRySPWk
>>
Idk what its so good about cant feel my face, not even catchy , same thing with Halsey
>>
>>63218521
ya i stole it ha ha ha what are you going to do about it bitch boy
>>
>>63218315
Pretty much this
Bruno Mars is an ugly fucker but teen girls love(d) him anyway
>>
given that when he first started gathering attention he was literally anonymous, yeah, i would assume so
i'm not an expert but >>63218276 seems like your best bet
>>
>>63218521
aren't starfuckers only good songs covers?
>>
>>63218555
idk probably nothing, I didn't think past making that cool and funny internet post. congrats on the grammy
>>
His first three projects are actually good. He completely sold the fuck out and puts like no real effort in his new music now. People said before he would make songs that only basic hoes on Tumblr can appreciate and that wasn't entirely true. However I agree with that statement 100% nowadays.
>>
>>63218613
yes
>>
File: 4L_oF4APAXf.png (398 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
4L_oF4APAXf.png
398 KB, 960x640
>>63218221
Yes because his music is perfectly crafted and came around at the right time to capture the zeitgeist of being fucking hammered on drugs and alcohol all the time which is why I hate his music so fucking much. He is a fucking sack of shit.
>>
>>63218643
wow dude have you listened at all to his new music? there's actually a huge amount of similarities to his older music. maybe it's not pure RnB and pulls pop influences, but it isn't a complete sell out.
>>
If you're looking for great R&B singers out right now that are actually creative and put effort in their work I recommend Frank Ocean, Miguel, Anderson .Paak, and BJ the Chicago Kid
>>
the biggest reason he's top40 now is that no one else was releasing anything. his music would probably be closer to carly rae's level of popularity weren't it for that dearth of pop music during the summer.
>>
>>63218720
Yes I've listened to it. Beauty Behind the Madness was like 80% pop. Don't even get me started on his features. Completely lazy and uninspired singing.
>>
>>63218221
>somewhat attractive
ehhh
>black musician
is this an advantage?
>writing music for sex
yes
>"unique" hair
maybe
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.