[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Pink Floyd weren't so massively popular and more underground
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 1859302847501.png (62 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1859302847501.png
62 KB, 500x250
If Pink Floyd weren't so massively popular and more underground or obscure, /mu/ would consider these two of the greatest albums of all time

Prove me wrong
>protip: you cant
>>
Yes to Dark Side, no to The Wall
>>
File: 1437014992322.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1437014992322.gif
2 MB, 256x192
Yeah, probably. I've heard all their stuff and while I love DS and Wall, I personally enjoy Animals more.
>>
>>63216580
The Wall fucking sucks so no, DSOTM is good though
>>
DSotM is a 7
Animals is a 6
The Wall is a 5

and Piper is a 9
>>
>>63216580
Yes to DSotM, no to the Wall. The Wall is just inexcusably bad. And really, /mu/ does like DSotM, it's just that a bunch of vocal contrarians don't
>>
>>63216693
sup scaruffi
>>
>>63216580
Not really. Gilmour is a legend, and the albums are very good, but far from the best of all time.
>>
>>63216580
Why do people hate The Wall
I don't get it
>>
>>63216709
lol no

Saucerful is a 7, AHM is garbage, and Ummagumma's live album is good but the studio half is shit

Barrett's solo stuff is forgettable as fuck
>>
File: DumbFrog.png (246 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
DumbFrog.png
246 KB, 550x535
>/mu/ discussing anything that isn't popular
>>
File: be7.png (275 KB, 501x550) Image search: [Google]
be7.png
275 KB, 501x550
>>63216693
>and Piper is a 9
>>
>>63216720
They're contrarian fuckheads.
>>
>>63216720
>self indulgent
>overblown to the extreme
>ambitious concept in the form of derivative and unambitious poprock
>shitty imagery and lyricism
>"DUDE MY DAD DIED LMAO"
>and it's 80 fucking minutes long
That's why
>>
Two of their worst albums desu senpai.
>>
>>63216662
>>63216720
>>63216749
>the wall is good
Hello /r/music
>>
>>63216791
It is though. Comfortably numb is their best song as well. Not the best prog rock album however. That would be pic related
>>
>>63216828
>the wall is prog rock
>coheed and cambria are good
>the wall is a good album
I can see your fedora through the screen
>>
>>63216580
I mean yeah that is true
>>
>>63216773
You are a textbook contrarian. Please consider suicide.
>>
>>63216883
>/mu/ would like the wall if it was less popular
This isn't true and you know it
>>
>>63216855
It is
Outside of the awful yotbr they're great
And again, it is
>>
>>63216895
Nah, I just have a pair of functioning ears and don't go on reddit.
>>
>>63216926
This has to be b8. Either that or you're underage, a redditor, and most likely of all, both.
C&C are literally music for fedoras. Their style and concept is blatantly designed to appeal to pseudointellectual 15 year olds.
If you think the Wall is prog you don't fucking know what prog is. Nothing about that pile of horseshit is prog other than the fact that the two albums before it were prog.
And lastly of all, the Wall is a fucking heap of garbage. It's self-indulgent to the extreme, it's masturbatory, the lyricism is childish and immature, the ambitious concept clashes heavily with the unambitious and derivative songwriting, the metaphors are awful, the imagery is garbage, the production is thin and hollow, Gilmour's guitar solos sound incredibly forced and lifeless, the instrumentation is shitty and uninspired, and the compositions are just so painfully uninteresting

You belong here instead:
https://reddit.com/r/music
>>
>>63217175
> comfortably numbs solo is forced and lifeless

You should probably kill yourself
>>
>>63217226
>"but dude muh one good song in an album with 26 songs"
Comfortably Numb is where Roger let Gilmour get a bit of leeway, which is why it sounds so much better compared to the rest of the shitty album. One decent song does not save an album of shit anon. You need to try harder. Oh wait, you can't because this is your only fucking argument.
Take a long walk off a short pier, faggot
>>
>The Wall
>bad

Yeesh, this board is pretentious as hell.
>>
>>63217458
I don't think you know what "pretentious" means, retard.
Shouldn't you be on /v/ instead?
>>
>>63217458
For a dumb tribulations-of-a-rock-star epic, this isn't bad--unlikely to arouse much pity or envy, anyway. The music is all right, too--kitschy minimal maximalism with sound effects and speech fragments. But the story is confused, "mother" and "modern life" make unconvincing villains, and if the recontextualization of "up against the wall" is intended ironically, I don't get it. B-
>>
File: 460full-roger-waters.gif (497 KB, 460x268) Image search: [Google]
460full-roger-waters.gif
497 KB, 460x268
Because if it's mainstream it's garbage and we're better then the common folk.
>>
I wouldn't. It would still be overindulgent jamming with cynical, pessimistic lyrics that convey the message that life sucks, goes by too quickly, you go insane before you die because you see nothing but greed, avarice, animosity, political corruption and war, and that you should just give up your dreams of making music for a living because your wife will leave you, you'll get addicted to drugs, and go insane before you commit suicide. Somebody explain to me why these albums are popular again?
>>
>>63217945
Because people like the reassurance that they aren't the only ones dealing with those problems and we're all in this together. Also the music is pretty nice sounding.
>>
>>63216828
Breathe in the Air is really good, it's got a super chill feel that I love from it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.