[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone still care about Brand New?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
They're one of my personal favorites.

Unpopular opinion: deja is their worst album.
>>
>>63216500
nah, they're too old
>>
Never understood the appeal behind this album
>>
Edgecore
>>
Lot's of great songs on this album, but someone once told me they ripped a bunch of people off, can anyone confirm this?
>>
>>63216500
Fuck them they sound like Lincoln park
>>
>>63217045
they didn't?
they used a lyric from this song in degausser but they gave fair credit to him when they talk about the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEHwy3quc14

and they took a lot of inspiration from a lot of noise rock bands at the time.
The only song I blatantly hear influence from is Noro (on Daisy) to Dead Red Eyes by Archers of Loaf, a band Jesse has made obvious he loves.
>>
>>63217045
Not really. Any band will take influence from their influences, same as brand new.
>>
>>63216500
agreed, deja was not alright.
>>
Degausser and Limousine are some pretty good feels
>>
>>63216500
TDaGARIM is a damn good album with some seriously poignant lyrics
>>
They're fantastic but irrelevant now because they take 7 fucking years to make anything new. It's like caring about spring break after college
>>
Jesse Lacey's a nice dude
he really loves nmh
>>
>>63217045
They did but not on this album. There's a few instances of that kind of stuff in their discog.

See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dKo0l1WzFI
vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKs7Ag9kZg
>>
File: yes.jpg (212 KB, 600x758) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
212 KB, 600x758
I hadn't heard these before so that's nice
>>
Arnt they releasing an album this year?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>63217519
>They're fantastic but irrelevant now because they take 7 fucking years to make anything new.
I guess you could say Brand New isnt brand new anymore
>>
Devil and God a worst. Daisy a masterpiece they know they can't top so they will never release new music
>>
>>63218861
Hopefully.

But yeah it's supposedly coming 2016.
>>
>>63220266
Your Favorite Weapon is easily the worst. But I agree that Daisy is the best. I grew up listening to Brand New, and their music really matures with each installment. By the time Daisy came out, the other albums seemed more angsty while this album was mature and real. I felt this way with each installment.
>>
Deja is a straight up ripoff of every emo band ever made. Devil & God and Daisy are both really good albums though. Lacey screams like Isaac Brock, and I can get behind that any day.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.