[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best song on Pet Sounds and why is it Don't Talk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: R-1751993-1241032180.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
R-1751993-1241032180.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
What is the best song on Pet Sounds and why is it Don't Talk?
>>
Caroline no it's not
>>
"I just wasn't made for these times" is the best. It reminds me a lot of AnCo
>>
I don't get the hate for the title track. I think it's a nice intermission between the songs.
>>
>>63214739
agree, i love the intoxicated vibe of the chorus
>>
it's caroline no
>>
Actually, I like Let's Go Away For Awhile, myself, personally.
>>
don't talk and caroline no are easily top 3 but honestly it's god only knows. as contrarian as you guys love to be
>>
Don't Talk is good but it will be forever imperfect once you hear the backing vocal snippet that was left out of the mix.

Partial to That's Not Me myself.
>>
>>63215859
link?
>>
>>63215859
That's not me is 2nd for me
>>
>>63215877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scIncjf0y0E

I actually had to make my own mix of the song incorporating this part.
>>
>>63214773
ayyy
>>
>>63215910
holy jesus. send me that mix dude. where would this part go?
>>
Why is Caroline No so fucking short senpai
>>
>>63215964
Here just give it a listen

https://mega.nz/#!oNMDHQIC
>>
>>63216021
needs a decryption key
>>
>>63216021
>>63216048
https://mega.nz/#!oNMDHQIC!KVEHtTx4kd85xa1AP3qENWZyxrLDuM5PJL93-arcUvc

Sorry idk how to mega
>>
>>63216059
this is fucking awesome. that part at 1:06 where one part of the harmony goes up is perfect. why the fuck didn't brian incude this? i get the stripped down arrangement but jeeeeeez
>>
>>63216059
this is immaculate, anon.
>>
>>63216059
#1 thank you for this version
#2 wow I'm legitimately a retard. I've had pet sounds in my library for so long and I NEVER NOTICED that I dont even have Don't Talk, which is weird, because I'm always very autistic when it comes to having everything about albums right.
>>
>>63216059
Can someone turn this into an mp3 and reupload it?
>>
Still Believe in Me has always been my favourite
>>
1. Don't Talk
2. I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
3. Caroline no
4. You Still Believe In Me
5. I Know There's an Answer
>>
>>63216059
That vocal part was included as a standalone acapela track on the re-release. I don't know why they didn't mix it in properly.
>>
>>63216265
https://mega.nz/#!Xlkz0SKa!NjRYhJiWS6ya-neJ24FqaEabtyQodB1s9h8v0_NYL4A

here anon
>>
>>63216588
thanks, sounds great
>>
God Only Knows isn't the best song on the album but it gets credit as one of the best singles ever imo
>>
>>63216722
its an incredible immaculate piece of music that deserves all the praise it gets
>>
>>63214739
>What is the best song on Pet Sounds and why is it Don't Talk?
Because it;s boring as fuk
>>
>>63216059
This is cool and all, but the addition of other vocalists sort of ruins the intimacy of the song a little bit.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.